Weekly AA Thread - Oct. 1 - Oct. 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary, love your comments as always. HOW is such a good fundamental. I always meant to say earlier that I admire your commitment to 90 in 90. That is a big commitment. I hope the adventure leads you to some awesome new meetings and friends in the fellowship.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

90/90 is a big committment. I went to a huge meetings yesterday that I'd never been to. Lots of dudes/homies there but the speakers spoke to me & my story.
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

lifechange;1388738 wrote: i really get so much from reading this thread and thank you all for being here and sharing.
        i have been to a few aa meetings and have always had great experiences there. each time i was questioning something and forced myself to go to a meeting, the focus was always on exactly what i'd been questioning. - i found a sponsor a couple of months ago and started working with her, but i don't know if i just wasn't ready or if i wasn't being honest with myself, or if it was something else entirely, but i had several relapses during that time-- the last being the worst. i haven't had so much contact with her the past 3 weeks because i didn't really know if i wanted to work the steps or, for that matter, really stop drinking.
        i'd always told myself (i've been trying to stop drinking for years, but Really trying the past 15 months) that i wouldn't start with sponsors and steps until i KNEW i was serious--serious to the bones-- and that's how i felt when i started with her. i haven't quite worked out wihat happened. or why. now i'm on day 4 and will go to a meeting and hopefully meet with her tuesday. i don't know what to do about continuing on with working the steps. sometimes i feel like there's so much pressure with aa. of course it could be i'm putting the pressure on myself.?

anyway, i love this thread, going to meetings (i don't love, but it helps), reading stories from the big book -- and Living Sober is a wonderful source of info and inspiration for me.

wishing you all a relaxing sunday,
        Life
        It's so nice to wake up and see that there are new faces joining this thread! I like hearing from varying points of views and experiences, so I really hope you all stay.

Life Change- I felt sooo many of those same feelings at different times during my AA runs. I put way too much pressure on myself, to the point where I would drop out of AA because I thought I wasn't doing it "right" or as expected. It took me a long time to finally start doing the steps because of fear, but am now finding out they aren't that difficult as some make them out to be. I had been going through the steps at an average of one/month, but am now slowing down on Step 9. I hear of many people who choose not to do the Steps, and that is fine too.

I too love when I attend one of those magical mtgs where everything said seems to apply perfectly to whatever is going on with me at the moment. I leave feeling refreshed and inspired. The speaker at the mtg I attended last night story was sooo similar to mine...her upbringing, her repulsion towards drinkers as a teen, her career (a nurse), and esp her feelings she has felt towards AA when she was just starting to now... it was incredible. It was one of those mtgs I really got a lot out of.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Comment

Mary, you are my hero. It is extremely difficult to re-establish sobriety. Good on you for returning to AA. Isn't it amazing how the group welcomes you back? It is a "we" program.

DG, thanks for keeping this thread going. I was home all this week and able to attend the 630am meeting every day. It sure feels good. The fellowship is important to me.

Greetings to everyone that follows here.
          Love and Peace,
          Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Working...
          X