af day Tuesday 9th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all..how is your today going to be?Just thought I would start with that one to get you all thinking.....talking about thinking..leads me on quite nicely to the next point...this thread was looked at 182 times yesterday...and not one person commented on the date month that I put in!!Is it because we recognise the start of the word October and took the rest for granted?? thats exactly how complacency sneaks up on you and the little demon jumps in!!

Either that or no one wanted to comment thinking I was a fruit loop!!!

So...on with the show!!!at the dentist yesterday tooth all cured now..nipped a bit but now back to my stunning self :H:H

Morning madam Molls.. how are you feeling today?up and ready to do your bit for the economy?excellent..hows the recon nashers today?all sparkly shiny?
    Seriously ,, take it easy tho dont think I have to mention that!!

Apologies to you all tea and coffee are served :ranger

Morning ppq...like the wabbits avatar..how are you today? yep its all free...health and happiness..though none of us make the most of it..glad business is good for you..Havent mastered this bigger button lark yet..but I will get there.. perhaps if I sharpened one of my fingers????

Ah Satz..is it you yerself?..and how are things in Glocca Morra..you out keeping the economy afloat too?heres a quick brew that you can drink on your way to the mines!!Ah Greece..now relegated to memory land..where the next one going to be?Was going to change the busy mood but it wont open so hey ho looks busy again today!!

Morning Lav.. cuppa time..nah that doesnt sound too clever!! sounds like you are getting woken up in a rest home or something :H Whats on the cards for you this fine day?We had quite a bit of sunshine over here yesterday ..so thanks..nice trade!

Lifechange..yoo hoo how are you? No never chewed my face to bits yesterday though it took ages for the numbness to wear off..ended up as I recall getting 4 injections in my mouth and one into the nerve once he had drilled down through the tooth! usual guff.."you might feel a little twinge"OH REALLY??? nearly went through the roof!!! Thats interesting about drinking at work..wow how did you get away with that one??the other thing is when you said that you drank to deal with the stress..do you think that you were giving yourself a reason to rationalise the drinking?the reason I am saying that is that presumably you are still doing the same job in the same surroundings, and yet not drinking.Pretty sure we all do the same thing..when we stop drinking we dont change our lives that radically..what we do is change our strategies and coping skills to not include al.Food for thought anyway you are doing good keep it up.

Morning YAH..how are you ?tooth is fine thanks..Nope certainly not a druid..cant see me jotting about in long flowing robes at daft o clock round a pile of stones somewhere..and it wouldnt be the sun god I was worshipping...he has been on holiday in these parts for a long time now!!

Det my man ..how are you today? seem to have done real well for yourself ..well done..taking your shirt off outside with a coffe and talking to the birds hasnt got quite the same appeal over here

You'd get pissed wet through, coffee would get full of rain and go cold,end up with double pneumonia,..and someone would report you for being mad!..that is unless you aare Royalty and talk to plants too!! (Prince Charles)

Morning SF...how are you today? glad you came up with the right words for the Irish..who know what might have happened....theres millions of them on here!! So you are now resting after your non sleep?Good on you.
    No not CIA ...........

Right o peeps got to dash..things to do places to go, people to meet, so take care everyone

See you tomorrow....

Shue..how are you? glad to hear all is back to norm in Shue land...we missed you so cmon in

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick and all others !!!

Have a fab af day xxxx
    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Morning all, so nice to see you up bright and early Mick.

Where was it you said you lived again? Was it Coventry? Got a few friends up that way.

Hi Molly, good to see you more cheerful ------ you and Mick getting your teeth into things I hear.:H:H

Hey Cantoo, Satz always missing you on here ----- ships that pass eh? No doubt catch you later.

And to all those yet to come, have a good one

Off on me merry jaunts......

KY

Comment

kuya;1389603 wrote: Morning all, so nice to see you up bright and early Mick.

Where was it you said you lived again? Was it Coventry? Got a few friends up that way.

Hi Molly, good to see you more cheerful ------ you and Mick getting your teeth into things I hear.:H:H

Hey Cantoo, Satz always missing you on here ----- ships that pass eh? No doubt catch you later.

And to all those yet to come, have a good one

Off on me merry jaunts......

KY
        I am here KY - hope you are well today !
        Molls & Questie stop following me around :H:H
        I'm in the workhouse - so will pop in and out !!!
        Hi to Mick and everyone else to come.

Comment

Morning Molly, Quest, KY, Satz and Mick thanks for the coffee and starting the thread. Nope never noticed the "Octomber" but we can sure jump all over you if you get the number wrong.:H

Was in a bit of a downer last night and not sure why. A dear friend pointed out to me that it's normal to have those feelings now and again but it's how we deal with them that matters. Being able to deal without turning to the bottle is something to be proud of and that lifted my spirits and put the focus back on the positive. Good thing I re-stocked the shelves as I put a couple of "P's" in my pocket this morning.

So the Mick Mystery continues, CIA is out. Mick may not ask me to start the thread anymore if I keep this up.....

Have a great POSITIVE AF Tuesday all and all to come..............PPQ

Comment

porqoui;1389628 wrote: Morning Molly, Quest, KY, Satz and Mick thanks for the coffee and starting the thread. Nope never noticed the "Octomber" but we can sure jump all over you if you get the number wrong.:H

Was in a bit of a downer last night and not sure why. A dear friend pointed out to me that it's normal to have those feelings now and again but it's how we deal with them that matters. Being able to deal without turning to the bottle is something to be proud of and that lifted my spirits and put the focus back on the positive. Good thing I re-stocked the shelves as I put a couple of "P's" in my pocket this morning.

So the Mick Mystery continues, CIA is out. Mick may not ask me to start the thread anymore if I keep this up.....

Have a great POSITIVE AF Tuesday all and all to come..............PPQ

PQ
            That is great advice. I was like that last night too - and it's great to hear it's normal - and that we just used to turn to AL when we got bored / down etc.
            Just take off & find SOMETHING to do !
            The MICK DEBATE:
            It's something to do with early mornings in a field
            I think.
            Does he pick mushrooms ?

Comment

satz123;1389635 wrote: The MICK DEBATE:
              It's something to do with early mornings in a field I think.
              Does he pick mushrooms ?

......and of course what went through my mind......

:H Mick & Magic Mushrooms
              :H Man could we start a thread with that!

Doesn't it feel good to find out others are going through exactly what you are? Makes me feel not alone......PPQ

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Abbers!

I know there's no such thing as Octomber Mick - I didn't want to hurt your feelings :H :H
                Glad your tooth is fixed! Raining here again today but that's OK, it forces me to stay inside & actually get some work done
                Mick, if you are into picking mushrooms - you should come visit me as I live about 20 miles south of the mushroom capital of the world - Kennett Square! Kennett Square, Pennsylvania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Greetings Molly, Quest, Kuya, PQ, Satz & everyone! Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello everybody..tis I from the planet earth..nope not on magic mushrooms..but it aint that bad an idea Satz...glad you are feeling bit more chirpy pppq!!!
                  Kuya..morning to you..nope never said I lived in Coventry..the dear old NW of England for me..what are you up to today
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning, afternoon, evening all!

Never even noticed the date, Mick. Our brains are programmed so that if the first couple of letters of a word are right, we can read it. Interesting little factoid, there.....

Mick and the Magic Mushrooms sounds like a great name for a hippie-era childrens book.

I'm glad that Mick's and Molly's teeth are back in shape.

Lavande, that is really cool that Kennett Square is the mushroom capital of the world. I sure wouldn't mind picking some mushrooms! Glad you have some time to get things done indoors today.

Cantoo, KY, Satz, PPQ, Shue, et al., I hope you have a great day.

Yesterday, I picked up my 2-month chip at an AA meeting. Everyone was so welcoming and supportive. I even spoke for a little bit....

Anyway, off to get started on my day.

Hugs, :l
                    YAH
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

good day, All!!!

so funny with the Octomber, Mick. i did notice but i thought it was some funny brit-joke i didn't get!! sometimes i'm lost when a couple or more of you (or more difficult yet, aus/nz) really get going. damn! glad your mouth is feeling back to normal. thanks for the food for thought. i think you are right-- i was giving myself reason to drink.. then it became a bad habit (to drink there).. then i got used to "dealing" with problems by drinking to ignore...then i actually almost had to drink to work. now i'm in for finding better ways to deal and i have to say, so far so good. today was much better than yesterday.

yesterday i also had a funky day all around, PPPQ! i'm sure glad you saved a "P" for yourself. and i'm glad to hear you have a couple to spare-- i was feeling like i should perhaps give mine back soon but to tell the truth i'm not quite ready.

hi Satz!! and Lav!! we had a really rainy day last thursday and i was so happy to snuggle up at home with the kids. i actually cherish those days. wanted to ask you-- it was a bit unclear to me on the todo website. must one become a member?

Yah, that must have felt so good last night to collect the 60 day chip. do you get nervous to speak in front of the group? i'm really proud of you.

Shue, so happy that you're back safely and will have some time to rest. and be here more.
                      big hugs to you all,
                      Life

Comment

just a quick hidy-ho peeps!

Mick, when I visit I'll keep my shirt on, and rain coat perhaps

remember: garlic is not just for breakfast anymore

be well everyone
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello all....

I thought I was going to sleep....but woke up at 5a....and started cleaning. Then off to buy TV for my workout room. Then the boys wanted to buys boots.....cowboy boots...which headed us to downtown. I have only been sober there a few times.....but, we were off to buy boots. And then we needed lunch.....then we were off. I live in a music town.....where the talent is so great. Nobody drank (thank God the kids are under age).....but, we made our usual stops. They are kid friendly before nightfall.

I was in a dangerous situation....but as soon as the words "sprite" left my lips I was fine. I was glad to see that I actually could go back to my drinking joints and not drink.

If I had to change everything forever.....I would not have gotten sober....or stayed so. I liked my life. Now I just get to do it all sober. Honestly....I did not want to change my life.....just the waking up sick as a dog. And I will never take it for granted......but, I do not have to live in lock down from booze. That feeling was always my falling point. I would live as a sober hermit. Eventually this hermit wanted out.

Mick....honestly as much as I plan sleep....the worse it is. I will sleep a who bunch....when my body is dead...too much to do?

Det..no quinio.......you might have as well have been trying to rip a beer out of my grips. Quinoa is staying....for now)

Hugs to everyone! We all rock!

Mick....sometimes I try to read the posts in "accent" of the poster. Only because sometimes I don't understand what they are saying....unless I do Stereotypes are wrong....but, I always understand they are there for a reason.

Our last vacation proved that.....not with the Irish....I will refrain from the sterotype....but, dang it was true. In my own country I could not order a bagel and cream cheese

Comment

Sun, good job on the sprite option.

you'll be fine with the quinoa. my suggestion is to soak overnight in water then cook. that reduces the saponin load almost completely.

having a great day here at home. yay!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

I think a great point was made here. Lots people read and do not post. No real need for me post.

Comment

Working...
                              X