af day Monday 15th Oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Monday 15th Oct

Good morning how is the booze bustin gang today...its pouring down, and forecast for all week too!! -4 and frosty yesterday,raining today...going on that form, should be a heatwave tomorrow!!

Morning Life..how are you?what a pleasant thread you posted yesterday..well done. That's me on the diet..trouble is I want it shifted now...dont do long term!!As Isaid before..my wife is into dietary stuff big time..so thers all sorts going on!!

Morning Satz..aka the beanie groveller :wavin: yes you :H and how are you today??shant keep you long..you need to get off to the workhouse...now heres an interesting one... couple of weeks back you posted about the workers kicking off about getting paid...hmmm and this was after you had been to Greece and before you are going to Australia
    very interesting my dear Watson!!

Morning Molls..how are you feeling today?Better I hope..and yer other half?what about your mate?off to Oz all togged out with a new bunnet!!
    Just reading your post you can tell that you think a serious lot of your daughter..you ever been to see her over there?

Morning Kuya..how are you?Ever thought about being a weather forecaster on the telly? now that would be interesting!!"after a brief hot spell ,we can see a cold front drifting in from the Atlantic...this means the weather for the next couple of days is going to be shite" now that would go down a treat!

Morning Lav..how are you today?Is it you time today after yesterday?Fancy a cuppa? just about to have one..black coffee no sugar..mmmm

Morning ppq...how are you today? feeling a bit chirpier I hope...well now take it your next goal is 90 days?You need to treat yourself too.

Good morning Lills..how are things with you? you settling down now..dont forget..16th December..you get reduced rates in Oz..Satz is on her way!!! :H:H
    Seriously tho..let us know what you are up to

Cantoo...morning..how are you? still tired..what have you planned for this week or is it easy time?

morning Det..you ok mate?how are things? settled down?

Destiniey..morning..wow nearly 90 days...brill well done you..how are you going to treat yourself?you need to

Morning SF..you ok? enjoy your trip to LA.what are you going to do there?

Morning turn..hows things in the frozen north?

Hi Nurdl..and how are you? bit early for the snowdrops coming out ..but it looks nice

Right off to make her majestys lunch for work..eeeeh its a hard life!

take care all and have a great day

Mick
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Monday 15th Oct

Morning all

Funnily enough it's bucketing down here too, Micheal (see I can do polite too Molls).

Daughter back to school today so have to get my A into G earlier again! Work quiet again today ....... There is NO consistency, it gets tiring being so up and down.

Up side is my two dogs have, at last,stopped farting!! Changed their food last week and mg honestly, for the last 3 days its been like living in a cow shed. I nearly went outside to sleep last night! :H

Right, having dropped the tone of the thread I had better go about my nightly lurk and see what the northern hemisphere has been up to.

Night, night to you all, stay sober and safe

KY,

Comment

af day Monday 15th Oct

Morning Molly, KY and Mick thanks for the start and the coffee.

Yup, feeling a whole lot better today, even if it is still early. Got my pockets loaded with p's and am ready for the start of what is going to be a busy week for me.

Have a great AF Monday all and all to come.....PPQ

Comment

af day Monday 15th Oct

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for the coffee Mick, I'm on my 2nd cup
        Cloudy but mild, awaiting the promised rain.
        I am back on my own today but need to get caught up with my business stuff - at least there will be no interruptions.

Greetings Kuya, PQ, Molly & everyone!
        I hope everyone has a fantastic AF Monday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Monday 15th Oct

Morning All,

Cloudy and rainy here in the States too. Waiting for the cleaning peeps to come this morning so we can muck out the house. It's tough living with he-bears and being the only gal. Although that does make me queen of the castle. I'm proud to boast that I'm 40 days AF today. It seems like the days are moving along faster now.

Kuya - dog farts, lmao. I changed my dog's food this week too. She's just a bit of a thing at 13 lbs but woah she can clear out a room. Plus she scares herself when she farts and that cracks us all up.
          I need to get up earlier to join you all for coffee in the morning.

Have a great day all!
          ~nurdl
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Monday 15th Oct

HOWYIZ - ( as we say in Dublin )
            [Quote] : ...now heres an interesting one... couple of weeks back you posted about the workers kicking off about getting paid...hmmm and this was after you had been to Greece and before you are going to Australia
            very interesting my dear Watson!!
            Shurrup Mick ! They'll hear you :eeks: - I think I got away with it !!!!

[Quote ]what about your mate?off to Oz all togged out with a new bunnet!!
            Molls can't talk about my Oz trip - she is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo seething with jealously :H

Comment

af day Monday 15th Oct

nurdl;1392679 wrote: Morning All,

Cloudy and rainy here in the States too. Waiting for the cleaning peeps to come this morning so we can muck out the house. It's tough living with he-bears and being the only gal. Although that does make me queen of the castle. I'm proud to boast that I'm 40 days AF today. It seems like the days are moving along faster now.

Kuya - dog farts, lmao. I changed my dog's food this week too. She's just a bit of a thing at 13 lbs but woah she can clear out a room. Plus she scares herself when she farts and that cracks us all up.
              I need to get up earlier to join you all for coffee in the morning.

Have a great day all!
              ~nurdl
              Congratulations Nurdl on 40 DAYS AF :goodjob:

Comment

af day Monday 15th Oct

Nurdl ...very well done on 40.....just my age...(ish) can I offer my CONgratulations...very similar to Satzys cogratulations..only better :H:H
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Monday 15th Oct

Tally Ho Aberooooos!

thanks for the kickstart Mick, yep all's well in La Casa Det. packin up for a few days on the road...always a challenge and it's going to be a stressful week since I'm teaching a new course. but I'm feeling resolved and ready for war with AL wherever it may pop up.

Porquoi, what is a pocket full of P's may I ask?

Nurdl, a dog that scares itself when it farts, LOL good to start Monday with a laugh.

un-hung Mondays rock!

be well everyone
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Monday 15th Oct

Mick;1392743 wrote: Nurdl ...very well done on 40.....just my age...(ish) can I offer my CONgratulations...very similar to Satzys cogratulations..only better :H:H
                    :moon:

Comment

af day Monday 15th Oct

jeez satz youre like a rash...every soddin where!!!:H:H:H

Comment

af day Monday 15th Oct

Mick;1392795 wrote: jeez satz youre like a rash...every soddin where!!!:H:H:H
                        No Michael - like GOD - I'm everywhere :H
                        Oh God ! did I day the 'G' word :H
                        Go and add to my thread before it disappears :upset:

Comment

af day Monday 15th Oct

Hi Det

Certainly you may ask....my "P" stands for Positive. My store is doing a whopping business so if you're ever in need of some Positivity in your life they're free for the asking. Have a good one.....PPQ

Comment

af day Monday 15th Oct

Greetings FABBodiferous ones...the daughter is wrapping up her visit here. Helping me out with some heavy lifting around house this morning...going to watch dad work this afternoon and then off on the aeroplane tonight. We are just so fortunate.

This weekend, one of my son's friends died in Texas. He was walking on a high bridge, texting while drunk and fell to his death. This is so tragic. Another one of my son's acquaintances died last year after drinking so much that he passed out, vomited and then choked. These are young ones just barely in their 20s. Despite this, my son continues to drink excessively which is just scary to me. I wasn't as much of a binge drinker when I was his age and look where I ended up: a daily binge drinker by the time I hit the back side of 40. This addiction is just insidious.

Last night, I had a drinking dream. Yup after, what, 15 months of sobriety or something in that neighborhood. When I woke up I just felt awful - just as if it really had happened. I actually felt sick to my stomach. Just goes to show you the power of the mind. Now I need to go shake that off. Power up the super gratitude list to drown out that nasty reminder of life in the dark ages. Ethanol is poison. It doesn't do anyone's body any good. I am thrilled to be FREE!

PPQ, I would like 4 extra large bundles of positivity, please. I am running a little low this a.m.

NURDL....congrats on 40! It really does keep getting better!

Hugs to the rest of you around the planet. Please cork your dogs for the sake of slowing down the global meltdown. We're a bit sensitive to that up here.
                            Sober for the Revolution!
                            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

af day Monday 15th Oct

Turnagain;1392919 wrote: Greetings FABBodiferous ones...the daughter is wrapping up her visit here. Helping me out with some heavy lifting around house this morning...going to watch dad work this afternoon and then off on the aeroplane tonight. We are just so fortunate.

This weekend, one of my son's friends died in Texas. He was walking on a high bridge, texting while drunk and fell to his death. This is so tragic. Another one of my son's acquaintances died last year after drinking so much that he passed out, vomited and then choked. These are young ones just barely in their 20s. Despite this, my son continues to drink excessively which is just scary to me. I wasn't as much of a binge drinker when I was his age and look where I ended up: a daily binge drinker by the time I hit the back side of 40. This addiction is just insidious.

Last night, I had a drinking dream. Yup after, what, 15 months of sobriety or something in that neighborhood. When I woke up I just felt awful - just as if it really had happened. I actually felt sick to my stomach. Just goes to show you the power of the mind. Now I need to go shake that off. Power up the super gratitude list to drown out that nasty reminder of life in the dark ages. Ethanol is poison. It doesn't do anyone's body any good. I am thrilled to be FREE!

PPQ, I would like 4 extra large bundles of positivity, please. I am running a little low this a.m.

NURDL....congrats on 40! It really does keep getting better!

Hugs to the rest of you around the planet. Please cork your dogs for the sake of slowing down the global meltdown. We're a bit sensitive to that up here.
                              Ditto to that Turn!
                              I see the way my younger son's friends drink and it scares me so much for their futures!

Comment

Working...
                              X