Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Day Tuesday 23rd October

Your Welcome PPQ

Det - I'm taking 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons on an empty stomach before bed as per the Staff at the store. He actually told me to take the full 2, but I don't think I need it. The container said to take it twice a day with food.

Be safe out there Det and PPQ
    , I appear to be in a weather bubble right now and we have not been hit hard.... yet. Between PPQ and me people are driving off the road. That first snow fall always seems to create havoc.

P.S. Det
    , Every once in a while copy and paste into the notes section on your ipad. It will save your sanity and no I don't think you can chat.

And so it begins

:coolsanta:
    AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

I have scanned the last few days posts.......but, not really caught up. Just wrapping up a day 2 of 12 hour days....I've got a 9 hour tomorrow short day for me.

I know that there are many sides of world going on here. I lived in dark and gloomy weather.....and moved to sunlight weather. I will tell you that if I am faced with 2-3 days of dark and gloomy weather.....I take d-3....its amazing in my mood or attitude when the sun just isn't going to shine is so much better.

Allen...I don't know much about the newbies nest. I am sure it is fine place......I just could not log in daily....and have to back up 8 pages. Its a busy place Which is good, I just could not keep up.

Kuya whether somone posts or not is not due to you. I actually, had someone tell me (we don't agree on things)....that the AA thread was hers. How dare I post on her thread However, I will say.....I have refrained from posting there.....just to keep her out of my hair. So, I don't post there for me

Lilly sorry to hear that you are going through a tough time. This goes for you Mick too.....if you are going to hide what is going on (not like we need all the details).....we can't help you. Instead you sit in your misery alone.....and that is your choice to make. Sometimes I like to sit in my own shit

I was asked by upper management to go get to a drink after a looooong day....I happily accepted. I ordered a "hot tea" and nobody cared. I can sit at any bar with a "hot tea"

Comment

CanToo;1398149 wrote:
        5 years ago I came off 4 years of anti-depressants and I am determined never to go back on! Right now I'm having amazing sucess with this Inositol Powder Inositol Powder Uses - Inositol Powder.
        Hi CanToo. I too am determined not to go back on anti-depressants which I was taking primarily for anxiety. I'm new here and this is my first day AF - I'd never heard of inositol until today when Kuya tipped me off about it in another thread. It's a comfort to find people I've got stuff in common with, and it's great reading about new things I can try to help my situation.

Comment

CanToo;1398149 wrote: Good Morning Favorite Peeps.

I just wanted to give my 2 cents worth on supplements.

5 years ago I came off 4 years of anti-depressants and I am determined never to go back on! Right now I'm having amazing sucess with this Inositol Powder Inositol Powder Uses - Inositol Powder. Yes some days I feel like all I do is pop pills but I'm finding more and more powder's and other food sups to replace the pills. IE Chia seeds for omega 3 Top 10 Benefits of Eating Chia Seeds.

I know the supps can be expensive but compared to the amount of $ I spent on my imported beer it's nothing.

KY - She's on the med's because of her Thyroid (was just tested again). Tapazole ever 12 hours... I also just put her on Royal Canin Hypoallergenic HP dry (shoud be comparable to the Hills Ultra Allergen-Free z/d). And no I don't see the Y/D in Canada - but I'm going to keep looking. :-)
          Hi CANTOO , I eat chia as well, interesting how we arrive at the same things isn't it?

Glad your vet is on board now. The food treats the problem by being devoid of iodine. You mustn't feed ANY other foods though, not even as a treat but you can feed her ad lib until the problem calms down. Much easier than pushing pills down twice daily. The radio iodine and surgery is not very expensive here and pretty standard. Why don't you get a quote and let me know. I would be interested to see how prices compare vs NZ

Comment

:welcome: to the AF daily thread CFree. Celexa?

KY do you soak the Chia?

Sun - Mick's not hiding he was out and about early this morning.

Lilly will be just fine. She's strong and intelligent and I know she will find Her Way Out. :l

PPQ - I think I have been using one of your P's. Mind if I send it to Lilly now?

CT
            AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

change=freedom;1398331 wrote: Hi CanToo. I too am determined not to go back on anti-depressants which I was taking primarily for anxiety. I'm new here and this is my first day AF - I'd never heard of inositol until today when Kuya tipped me off about it in another thread. It's a comfort to find people I've got stuff in common with, and it's great reading about new things I can try to help my situation.
              Hi again Change, GABA and inisotol are good for depression/ anxiety as are any supplements involved in the manufacture of serotonin. These include tryophan, 5http, and melatonin.

What is interesting is that SSRI antidepressants work by preventing the body reabsorbing serotonin. The joke is that in drinkers and the depressed their serotonin levels can be so low that it doesnt matter if they dont reabsorb it cos they had so little to start with!! Also the side effects of SSRI are often sooooo bad. I can't take psychoactive drugs (except alcohol ! :H) as the side effects are horrendous.

People worry about pill popping but the damage done by long term alcohol consumption (23 years for me) is not undone overnight. Not only does alcohol strip them from the body but it damages the pathways for making them after we quit. This also applies to vitamins.

After approximately two years most pathways are restored, quicker with good diet. Most supplements are water soluble so overdose is not a major concern

Comment

No I don't soak it just sprinkle it on just about anything, can't taste it.

Comment

Hi Sun, I have to say that there are threads I steer clear of if there are some members antagonistic to me, even if some I like frequent that thread. No point courting trouble.

But these same people saw no problem in crashing the atheist thread and debating. I would never dream of debating Catholicism on their thread. It is the ONLY part of the forum where individual beliefs are allowed.

BUT what would happen if a neo nazi were to start their own thread, or there was an anti gay thread? The problem we face is that morals/beliefs are NOT commandments and are dictated by the group and are forever changing.
                  I don't hate all religious people but I do hate religion .... It has torn and continues to tear the world apart, but I must not say this openly and explain why I think it a load of hocus pocus or I get torn apart by the group.

Here is a problem with a site such as this, we are long term members because alcoholism is a long term problem. Is it only to be trivia that may be discussed? In which case state that clearly and don't have a belief thread. Belief is contentious outside of MWO, but if it is here it should be for all not just those deemed socially acceptable.

Oops..... This just became a thread topic ....... Sorry! :H

Comment

CanToo;1398343 wrote: :welcome: to the AF daily thread CFree. Celexa?

CT
                    Thanks and yes, Celexa.

kuya;1398374 wrote:
                    Hi again Change, GABA and inisotol are good for depression/ anxiety as are any supplements involved in the manufacture of serotonin. These include tryophan, 5http, and melatonin.

What is interesting is that SSRI antidepressants work by preventing the body reabsorbing serotonin. The joke is that in drinkers and the depressed their serotonin levels can be so low that it doesnt matter if they dont reabsorb it cos they had so little to start with!! Also the side effects of SSRI are often sooooo bad. I can't take psychoactive drugs (except alcohol ! :H) as the side effects are horrendous.

People worry about pill popping but the damage done by long term alcohol consumption (23 years for me) is not undone overnight. Not only does alcohol strip them from the body but it damages the pathways for making them after we quit. This also applies to vitamins.

After approximately two years most pathways are restored, quicker with good diet. Most supplements are water soluble so overdose is not a major concern
                    Hi again Kuya - yup, I'm a regular user of melatonin - and as you saw on the other thread, I started taking GABA yesterday (and you may have seen I started taking 5-HTP last night).

2 years? Woah. I thought it would be quicker than that. Well, only 728 days to go :H

Comment

change=freedom;1398945 wrote: Thanks and yes, Celexa. I did really well on it, apart from gaining 15lbs/year for each of the 3 years I was on it out:

Hi again Kuya - yup, I'm a regular user of melatonin - and as you saw on the other thread, I started taking GABA yesterday (and you may have seen I started taking 5-HTP last night).

2 years? Woah. I thought it would be quicker than that. Well, only 728 days to go :H
                      It depends on how long you have been drinking and your diet and metabolism. The biggest mistake people make is forgetting how long they have taken to get into this mess, how amazing that the body can adapt to running on the wrong fuel, and then needing time to convert back to running totally on normal fuel(food)

Comment

kuya;1398948 wrote: It depends on how long you have been drinking and your diet and metabolism. The biggest mistake people make is forgetting how long they have taken to get into this mess, how amazing that the body can adapt to running on the wrong fuel, and then needing time to convert back to running totally on normal fuel(food)
                        Well, that makes sense. It's gonna take a good long time, I just hadn't thought about that yet. I want to start exercising regularly and eating better. I eat healthily but on top of healthy meals, I get cravings for crap food too. For now I'm just letting myself eat whatever I want but I'll get stricter once I adjust to being AF.

Comment

Working...
                        X