af day Thurs 25 Oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Thurs 25 Oct

Morning all....5.20am bright and sunny outside, with not a cloud in the sky.....Yeh right..lets try blowing a hooley, pitch black,and raining!!Its early doors,so wont be staying on too long as I have got a decent drive ahead of me..How are we all this morning?Weather definitely on the change now..and this Sunday the clocks go back over here.
    Tea and coffee here if anyone awake

Morning..no .afternoon Kuya, and how are you today?Dont know what I am eating but aint shifting these pounds as quick as I want to!!

Good morning ppq..so youve got loads of the white stuff there? Maybe you should stock snow shovels too in your store as well as patience!!! dont know how you are going to make them start with a "p" though!!How are you today?apart from the weather

Morning Lav...how are you today?..how was kid watching yesterdday?,and have you got more today? Coffee for you? Extra large brown eggs? ouch!!Trying to snow here last night..only the little diddy flakes...thankfully never succeeded but....

Aha morning Satz the not so angelic..how are you today?workhouse today again is it?Well you gotta pay for them hols somehow..

Morning SF..how are you today?ready for a go getter day by the sound of it.No drama re the health issues..just sometimes..
    I know you say it sounds easier this time round..be careful tho..cos its times like that there is tendency for it to bite you on the bum

Morning K ..lovely view there..you ever climbed that? glad you are rested and feeling good.

Hiya Nurdl ..you doing ok ? whats on the cards for you today?

Morning YAH..you ok?Nope you arent really any closer as to the early morning adventures..will say though..its outside..wow what a bonus!!We all get those thoughts about the just one and I can control it and all that bs..fact is we cant.. that's why we are here..what we can control is what we do when those feelings start.Nah day one is a long way back..for what?Stick with it..you can do it x :l

Morning Det .. you ok? on your travels in the snow?and living out of a suitcase too?got any garlic with you?Take it easy my friend.

Cantoo..what can I say..well done really chuffed for you..keep it up :l:goodjob:

Molls what are you doing?real work?take a leaf out of Satzys book..yesterday she was bored out of her tree!!Hope you are ok..Molls the skiing granny..boy we need pics on that one

Morning Allan..you ok? been hiding out in the smoke?

Good morning Life..ok heres what Im up to (..............) did you get that? How are you today?2 days off/ now then ,what are you going to do with that?ere you are..the coffee you missed yesterday.So far in the garden I have planted up leeks onions, kale,broad beans, garlic, cauliflower and cabbage. In seed trays waiting to go out I ve got more cabbage, brussel sprouts, broccoli and winter lettuce..and potatoes..Going to try and winter some carrots too ..yep you guessed it..for the rabbits!!

Right time to go..here you are ppq

Have a great day folks

One day a man decided to retire..
    He booked himself on a Caribbean cruise and proceeded to have the time of
    his life, that is, until the ship sank.
    He soon found himself on an island with no other people, no supplies,
    nothing, only bananas and coconuts.
    After about four months, he is lying on the beach one day when the most
    gorgeous woman he has ever seen rows up to the shore.
    In disbelief, he asks, "Where did you come from? How did you get here?"
    She replies, "I rowed over from the other side of the island where I landed
    when my cruise ship sank."
    "Amazing," he notes. "You were really lucky to have a row boat wash up with
    you."

"Oh, this thing?" explains the woman. "I made the boat out of some raw
    material I found on the island.

The oars were whittled from gum tree branches. I wove the bottom from palm
    tree branches, and the sides

and stern came from a Eucalyptus tree."

"But, where did you get the tools?"

"Oh, that was no problem," replied the woman. "On the south side of the
    island, a very unusual stratum

of alluvial rock is exposed. I found that if I fired it to a certain
    temperature in my kiln, it melted into ductile iron I used that to make tools and used the tools to make the
    hardware."
    The guy is stunned.

"Let's row over to my place," she says.

So, after a short time of rowing, she soon docks the boat at a small wharf.

As the man looks to shore, he nearly falls off the boat... Before him is a
    long stone walk leading to a cabin and tree house.
    While the woman ties up the rowboat with an expertly woven hemp rope, the
    man can only stare ahead, dumb struck. As they walk into the house, she
    says casually,

"It's not much, but I call it home. Sit down, please."

"Would you like a drink?"

"No! No thank you," the man blurts out, still dazed. "I can't take another
    drop of coconut juice."

"It's not coconut juice," winks the woman. "I have a still. How would you
    like a Tropical Spritz?"

Trying to hide his continued amazement, the man accepts, and they sit down
    on her couch to talk.

After they exchange their individual survival stories, the woman announces,

"I'm going to slip into

something more comfortable. Would you like to take a shower and shave?
    There's a razor in the bathroom cabinet upstairs.."

No longer questioning anything, the man goes upstairs into the bathroom.
    There, in the cabinet is a razor

made from a piece of tortoise bone. Two shells honed to a hollow ground
    edge are fastened on to its end inside a swivel mechanism.

"This woman is amazing," he muses. "What's next?"
    When he returns, she greets him wearing nothing

but some small flowers on tiny vines, each strategically positioned, she
    smelled faintly of gardenias.

She then beckons for him to sit down next to her.

"Tell me," she begins suggestively, slithering closer to him,

"We've both been out here for many months.

You must have been lonely. When was the last time you played around? She
    stares into his eyes.

He can't believe what he's hearing. "You mean..." he swallows excitedly as
    tears start to form in his eyes,

"You've built a Golf Course?"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Thurs 25 Oct

HaHa Mick, I haven't done a round in a long time either, playing with balls I mean!:H:H

Morning afternoon and evening all.

Another good day here after a very broken night's sleep ....yawn.

A client woke me at 6.00 and I am not an early person so a bit tired all day. Funny how it doesn't matter as much sober.

My daughter had her Maths exam today so I can stand down on revision for a week thankfully.
    She is such a dedicated wee girl, I hope she will be a happy adult. Seems to be so far.

I realised today how much I need a break from work, haven't had a holiday for two years.....the curse of poverty and being self employed. :upset:

Where are you at Allan? I keep missing you in the nest. Quite some constitution eh? It's not til you start to share that you realise how much you drank and got away with.

Anyway popping in later after my lurks

KY

Comment

af day Thurs 25 Oct

good afternoon all!
      i am being a very lazy girl on my day off. and even if i'd been up early, Mick would've beat me to it. i can't believe (.........) what you've been up to Mick.! damn, i was close but still so far. i'm sorry to say i'll have to tell Lav, cause i am a bit scared of Stella.
      and thanks for the funny story. keep 'em coming.
      Lav, i have such a sweet picture in my mind of you shoveling a pathway for your chickens. those lucky gals! and they pay you back with the most amazing gifts. i'll take a dozen, please!
      hey Kuya!! hello to you this lovely day. it sounds to me like you really need to take a vacation. i imagine the self employed part is the most difficult. can i ask you as well what line of work you're in? i guess i'm so curious about what everyone else is doing because i'm considering (have been for ages) starting a new "career". congrats on the maths test! tell me again how old your daughter is.? my eldest is in the 5th grade and she already has homework i can't help her with. the grammar would be difficult in english, but in german.... thank god her pops can help with that!
      very interesting Det, what you're doing. damn. that is quite a job. to be honest, i can only imagine what that entails 'cause i never really thought about it. the job existing, i mean. i live in a bit of a bubble here. seriously, though, do you have to be careful about how much ray garlic ?ou eat when you're doing training courses?

Comment

af day Thurs 25 Oct

I am a vet LC and my daughter is 13 and in her first year of high school

Comment

af day Thurs 25 Oct

hey Molls! i always think you sound like a youngster-- of course not 12! but young. i wouldn't be able to guess the age of most of the people here. everyone has so much energy and curiosity, don't they? hope you have a great long weekend. i'm also so lucky to have some free time. i don't quite know what to do with myself!

hey PPQ, thank you so much for letting me borrow the P for such a long time. i have been afraid to give it back-- haven't wanted to jinx myself-- but i am feeling pretty positive so i'll return it for someone else to use. i guess i could always ask, if i needed it again, right? i would love to come and shop at your store.! what kinds of things do you have there?

hi Sunflower-- really good to see you. big hugs to everyone and have a great thursday.
          life

Comment

af day Thurs 25 Oct

Kuya, you are sooooo lucky! i always wanted to be a vet! what sorts of animals are your main clients? my dream when i was about 8 was to be a vet to wild animals. i would ride my horse through the forest and help all the injured/dieing animals--i'd sleep in a tent or up in a tree. i was always worried about the big cats hunting down my horse.
            nope, too late for me to be a vet.!
            does your daughter know what she wants to do for work when she's older?

Comment

af day Thurs 25 Oct

Good Thursday morning Abbers,

Another dark morning here in stinkbug-ville
              I am, at this point totally sick & tired of stinkbugs but that's another story :H

Great story Mick - didn't see that coming :H
              No kid watching for me today but my daughter & grandaughter will be here for dinner & stay overnight - fun!

Greetings lifechange, kuya, Molly & everyone.
              I'm off for a half hour of granny exercise at Curves then a stop at the store to find something for dinner that doesn't involve wheat. My daughter has been off all wheat consumption for 2 weeks & is finding relief some relief from arthritic aches & pains. She's a ripe old 35

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Thurs 25 Oct

Morning Mick! Thanks for the coffe and the shout out. Today is filled with preparing for upcoming home renovations, and planning our trip to London to visit our eldest. He's studying across the pond this semester. Haven't heard much from him so he must be having a grand time. I'm looking forward to my first visit.

Love your phrases such as "early doors." thanks for the morning laugh. Hope you have a lovely day. Catch you all later.
                ~nurdl
                :notes:
                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Thurs 25 Oct

Whoa, where's Satz? All that :stomper: and she's not even here??

Today is the end of my work week I'm getting used to these 4 day weeks. Spin tonight, maybe bootcamp in the morning and I the interview with a personal trainer tomorrow.

Me thinks my evil plan is coming together nicely.

"We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."
                  AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Thurs 25 Oct

Hi guys ! Been poorly for couple of days - just thought I'd check in :-)
                    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

af day Thurs 25 Oct

Hi Guys,

Not sure if you can relate to this. I have just got a new job with a pretty big financial firm. And my new employer is stressing me out before I even started. My start date is 5th of November and they requested full: criminal, credit, educational, employment history, personal and medical checks to be completed. They went as far as asking who my college tutor was. This is not CIA WTF?

I have worked in this field for about 6 years and have never been screened like this before. Driving me crazy with worry.

ALLAN
                      AF since 1st Sep 2012
                      NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

af day Thurs 25 Oct

Hi Allan..dont get stressed out about that..bearing in mind the current climate we are in, and the headline hits in the tabloids where employees have had large sums of money away from their firms,its all about risk management..for instance if something went wrong, they have got to prove that they took all available and necessary precautions to minimise that risk
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Thurs 25 Oct

Hi Mick didn't have time for a cuppa this morning as it was the big Banff trip with the Seniors. Gotta say everything went off without a hitch and they all had a great time. YAY ME! Boy am I going to sleep tonight.

LC the only 2 things in my store are Positive "P"s and Patient "P"s. Both are always in stock and free for the asking. (The store is in my head and that's all the room I have :H)

CT "We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public." I Love it. Got plenty of exercise wandering around Banff today. Wish I had 1/2 your energy.

Quest :l this is for you. Feel better soon.

AK
                          what's a personal check? Man I can see why you're stressed. Try not to worry too much, I think Mick might be on the right track. Here you go 2 "PP"
                          for you. One Positive and one Patience.

KY
                          haven't been able to follow you around today. Been staying out of trouble?

Going to relax and watch the Boob Tube for a bit. Have a great night all......PPQ

Comment

af day Thurs 25 Oct

Mick, me again. I loved your joke but I haven't the energy to end my day with one. See you in the morning.

Comment

af day Thurs 25 Oct

PPQ - yay for you. I've helped out on a couple of those bus trips before. Hard work when you have to be 'on' for hours. I'm glad the weather wasn't an issue.

KY - sounds like you and your daughter need a summer / winter trip to a cooler climate.

My little Mick, please take care of your self. How would we ever find you if you got sick?

And you too Quest.

Allan. Breathe. They have offered you the position, they're just doing their due diligence.

Well, I think I'm going to venture around the site. Hopefully people are treating each other with respect out there tonight. I've got my fingers crossed.

Have a great Friday for those across the pond and good night PPQ and Det.

CT
                              AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Working...
                              X