af day Sun 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Sun 28

Good morning all..how are we today then?Well did the contingent this side of the water remember to put their clocks back?Go on who is going to own up and tell us they didnt!
    Well, got a bit? of a shock yesterday..a friend of mine, who has been af for about 21 months now told me that in a nutshell they needed to drink to sort themselves out..I am putting this up not as a discussion point on the rights and wrongs/moralities or any of that, but just to show people that there is no time point on it.Its not like saying..give it 12 months and it will all be hunky dory, but rather an ongoing challenge.
    Anyway, you know who you are, wherever you are, I hope it works out for you x

Right tea and coffee on the go now..Supposed to be going out this morning..it is absolutely hammering it down with rain, so going to be a pretty wet day pour moi

Morning Satzy..how are you? what do you mean by funny..funny haha...or funny peculiar?..Oh by the way matey, just thought I would throw in..off to Tenerife on the 19th..booked it yesterday

Afternoon Kuya how are you?Busy busy? Keep at it girl..stay away from the demon drink
    So you might be going into wps? that means you ll need to change the wee red devil too

Morning Life how are you today? Enjoying that extra hour in bed? dont forget somewhere down the road you will have to pay the piper..that extra hour means an eve madder cleaning up time!!Hoping for snow?aargh..where I live,when the snow comes ,even the snow ploughs dont come up here, so gets kind of dodgy getting out..as for the exercise..right as from next week me n you...nothing heavy duty ..but I am finding it a bit harder than I thought, so we will keep a diary as from next week if you want.

Hi Molls..the swan here :H:H how are you ? hope all is getting better or clearer for you.

Ppq ..morning ..you ok? jokes r us ..yay..well did you catch the moose loose in the hoose?

Morning nurdl...second cup on its way to you ..you ok today?

Kas..morning to you ..how are you today...hmmm your answer to the post about mice....toxicologist perchance? mind you the cat answer was good!!

Morning Lav ..how are you..cuppa for you So you are all stocked up now just in case the hurricane comes......Dont forget Rennies get some..they are great for getting rid of wind!:H

Cantoo morning..yaaay see youve mastered the trick now of replying to everyone How are you today? ok I hope..Seamstress? I sewed a zip into a jacket yesterday!!

Morning det..you ok? wow that food sure sounded nice....not much of a payoff for eorkin the weekend though!!

Right need to dash..time has flown by!!!

Oh just in case Australia thought they had got away..........

Three Aussie guys were working on a high-rise building project - Steve, Bruce and Kevin.
    Steve falls off and is killed instantly.
    As the ambulance takes the body away, Bruce says, "Someone should go and tell his wife."
    Kevin says, "OK, I'm pretty good at that sensitive stuff, I'll do it."
    Two hours later, he comes back carrying a case of Fosters.
    Bruce says, "Where did you get that, Kev?"
    "Steve's wife gave it to me,"
    Bruce replies. "That's unbelievable, you told the lady her husband was dead and she gave you the beer?"
    "Well not exactly," Kevin said. "When she answered the door, I said to her, 'You must be Steve's widow'.
    She said, 'No, I'm not a widow.'
    And I said, 'I'll bet you a case of Fosters you are'."

The seven dwarfs went off to work in the mine one day, while Snow White stayed at home to do the housework and cook their lunch.
    However when she went to the mine to deliver their lunches, she found there had been a cave-in, and there was no sign of the dwarfs.
    Tearfully she yelled in to the mine entrance: "hello - is anyone there. Can anyone hear me".
    A voice floated up from the bowels of the mine:
    " Australia will win the Rugby World Cup"
    "Thank god" said Snow White "at least Dopey's still alive"

have a great day
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Sun 28

Morning mick - awfully quiet here this morning isn't it ?

Have super sober Sundays all xxx
    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

af day Sun 28

Hiho Mick and Questy,

And top o the morning to you both!

Tas been a luverly day here, most wonderful in all respects. My freedom appears safe for the time being and all is well with the world.

This is the only day of the week when I am slightly envious of you northerners cos my weekend is over and you have the rest of the day..... Good thing I like my job.

Love the jokes Mick, did you open yer christmas crackers early! Lol

Cantoo I ain't done nuffink wrong, honest! Wot me? Good as gold as usual.

PPQ.....stop stalking me!

Will check back later to see who's up to what

Comment

af day Sun 28

Mornin' Mick , Questie & KY
        Did I say it's a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng weekend here
        PLUS an extra hour in the leaba
        PLUS I am hangover free
        PLUS nothing to do today and all day to do it
        Life is good !!!

Mick glad to see you getting some sun on the 'ol bones at last
        You deserve a ration of vitamin D gvien the Summer we've had in these parts :goodjob:

Comment

af day Sun 28

Morning Mick thanks for the coffee. Nope the traps are all still set :upset: But I didn't see him yesterday so maybe he went home???

Morning Quest...everyone forgot to set their clocks back so they'll be along shortly :H

Moring KY...please don't sick the policia on me I will stop.

Morning Satz...you're sounding good. Enjoy your nothing day.

Morning Det...I love this saying..."remember when it comes to the inevitable bargaining we do in our minds..... argue for your strengths, not your limitations"

No coffee yet so no joke attempt. AA meeting later this morning then a lazy day.

Have a great AF Sunday all and all to come.....PPQ

Comment

af day Sun 28

Good morning Abbers!

Woke up to a light rain just starting. 60-80 moh wind gusts predicted over the next few days Mick - nothing to do but hunker down I guess
            Thanks for the coffee, it's extra good this morning.

Greetings Kuya, Satz, PQ, Quest & everyone!
            I hope everyone has a terrific AF Sunday. I think I'll do some cooking/baking before the power goes ( it always does during these weather events).

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Sun 28

I laughed so much while cruising around the site yesterday that my cat was staring at me all worried like. LoL

PPQ - that's the second time this weekend I've seen that quote.

It's overcast with some snow on the way. Should make for a nice hike if we're moving at a good pace. With crazy hybrid storms on the east and earth quakes on the west I'm glad I'm land locked today.

Must run for now. Have a great Sunday / evening y'all

CT

There did it without laughing.
              AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Sun 28

You have snow shoes CanToo? :H
                Enjoy yourself!

Looks like the hurricane will be making a direct hit on Atlantic City ~ poor gamblers have to evacuate by 4 pm today
                Definitely feeling colder this afternoon - it was still relatively mild at daybreak.

I'll be here, waiting for the monster (storm)......
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af day Sun 28

Winds picking up and the temperature is dropping. I'm all tucked in like Lav. Evacuations proceeding and tolls north and west are suspended. Buses, trains and subways will be shut down in NYC at 7pm tonight. Cars are lined up at the pumps for gas where there is some left. Water and generators are not to be found.

I went out and bought some tonic and a lime. I've no craving for the alcohol but I'd like to have something that looks like a drink later on today. Damn, what was the name Allan had for a fake drink? Post it if anyone remembers.

Anyway, off to make beef stew. Storms always make me want to cook. Be safe all.
                  ~nurdl
                  :notes:
                  we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Sun 28

Not sure what Allan called it but I've heard "Mocktail"...is that it?

Be safe....PPQ

Comment

af day Sun 28

Just been watching the news....Hurricane Sandy looks pretty heavy duty,pictures on the news..Nurdl Lav and anyone else in the path of it ....keep safe
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Sun 28

Thanks Mick. See you on the other side.
                        ~n
                        :notes:
                        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Sun 28

Thinking of all you lovely peeps in the path of the mega storm. Duck, cover and check back in when you can......
                          Sober for the Revolution!
                          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

af day Sun 28

Just getting the outer bands of rain & wind right now. This storm is so huge it's going to take until Wednesday until we see the end of it - seriously

nurdl, hope you are OK
                            I live 45 miles south of Philly & they have suspended all their transportation services as well.

My son is supposed to report to work in DC early Tuesday morning. He is expected to show as he is in the fire service there - I know he'll do his best.

I'll check in until the power goes as it always does....
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af day Sun 28

:l
                              AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Working...
                              X