af day Saturday 3 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Saturday 3 Nov

Well here we are folks...weekend time a gain.....good morning/afternoon or what ever state of day it is to you..and how are we all? YAAY weekend can have a cooked brekkie..allow myself that..Bonfire night over here tonight..so there will be lotsa fireworks and fires...oh yes and people full of falling down juice!!!!I was talking to someone last night,they were saying how they admired me and must have some will power..blah blah, they couldnt do it ..so I tried to explain..ever tried that?explain quitting drinking to someone who has demolished 2 bottles of wine???boy that is hard!!

Tea and coffee on the go at the moment...hot buttered toast for those that want it

Mornin Mrs Molls...tis Saturday no work..you dont even have to think up any dodges for not turning in :Hows you today?Been reliably informed that we are going to Puerto de la Santiago ...or something like that..its suddenly turned into a mad rush..quick I need the passports to register etc...next itll be the cases down and all that....08.45 am Saturday 3rd...we dont fly till the 19th!!oh well nod and smile!!Hows Jilly?

Shue...good morning to you..how are you today?boy didnt you play it cool with shorty..bet he was bullied at school......I couldnt have been that chilled...I would have been grinning with mind in overtime like when he is bumping his gums big time....how do you manage to climb up to the toilet and mad things like that......
    So you like haggis..............mmm me too, though some say it is an aquired taste..well Ive aquired it!!Any plans for today?

Good morning PPQ........how is you today?still carrying the just in case p or are you over that now?That hunt sounds like a good idea..even though pricey..save money ..instead of a limo, have everyone zooming about on their own method of transport..that would make it even more interesting!
    Sunday tomorrow ...so wont be here to start the show

Morning Lav...real thread, real coffee real toast..how are you today?What is in store for you today or is it a nice quiet peaceful weekend?you will need to let us see the finished t shirt design.....oh and dont forget the clocks

Hi Cantoo..what are you up to today?Seriously hope you meant burpees....not burpies..wee bit of a difference!!!Did an hour walking running on the treadmill yesterday ..in a sweat suit wow was like a pool of water when I got off it!!

Kuya............at last we have a common bond.....I hate Coronation Street!!!!liked it in the earlier days...but I reckon I have not seen it for about 4 years now.One of the cast lives not far from me, and my daughter used to go to school with her daughter.So yes Im with you on that one.
    Congrats to your son.. Any plans for rest of weekend?

Morning Det..glad to hear you are feeling better within yourself.....believe me mate..your life is complete without Coronation Street......google the phrase..bet the answer you get says 2 words .."utter sh..e" :H Anyway have a good weekend.

Morning Rab.....see how thats evolved? how are you today?Part of my formative allegedly years we at Daniel Stewarts...now Stewarts/Melville I think.Your weekend looks pretty full.

Morning SF....you ok? keep smiling

Mornin Satzy..had to say that..else you'll get you mate to do me in!! :H:H

Right folks thats it shows over..wont be here early morn...tis Sunday ,Sonntag, Dimanche so I will be out..................
    Take care ..have a good one..big hello to all not named here

The postman knocked on my door when I was in the bath, so I rushed down the stairs and opened the door.

"You should really put some clothes on."

"I know, but this job gets really boring," he replied.

As I've grown older I've learnt that pleasing everyone isn't that easy.>
    But pissing them off is a piece of cake.

Any Scottish footballer will tell you what's the hardest thing about being a substitute on match day.

Having to sit down on a bench without cracking open a can of Special Brew.

You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands.

For instance, if one's punching towards you, she's probably a little upset.

A magician was working on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. The audience was different each week so he did same tricks over and over.
    The problem was, the captain's parrot saw all the shows and began to understand how the magician did every trick.
    He started shouting in the middle of the show: 'Look, it's not the same hat. Look, he's hiding the flowers under the table. Hey, why are all the cards the ace of spades?' The magician was furious but, as it was the captain's parrot, he could do nothing. Then one day the ship sank and the magician found himself floating on a piece of wood with the parrot.
    They glared at each other but said nothing. Finally, after a week, the parrot said: 'OK, I give up. Where's the boat?'

A man goes to the vet about his dog's fleas. The vet says: 'I'm sorry, I'll have to put this dog down.' The man is incredulous and asks why. The vet says: 'Because he's far too heavy.'
    A penguin walks into a shop and asks the assistant: 'Do you have any grapes?' 'No,' he replies.
    The same thing happens the next day and on the third day the assistant replies: 'No, and if you come in asking for grapes again I
    will nail your flippers to the floor!' Next day the penguin walks in and asks: 'Got any nails?' 'No,' replies the assistant. 'Got any grapes?' the penguin asks.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Saturday 3 Nov

What you mean 'at last we have a common bond' ? Mick .......once again that cuts deep my man.

On the Coro front .....can one up that..... My sister in law was Denice, the hairdresser who had the affair with Ken. She hated Coro and said the main cast were a bunch of bullies. (Sorry coryholics but tis the sad truth!)

Also another common bond of sorts ...... My ex was a PO up north, how bizarre if you worked with him. You never worked young offenders did you?
    Small world sometimes.

Cantoo and PPQ ...... Errrrmmmmm What can I say......call it an intervention! :H:H

Shue I am the same when I eat poorly, get really low if too many carbs, and more sensitive as time goes on.

DET I have a thread in general to explain Coryism, Nuff said, going into hiding from Cantoo and PPQ

Evening to all to come, have a good Saturday. Sunday visiting a dear friend and then dinner with the other son and girlfriend.

Laters KY

Comment

af day Saturday 3 Nov

Morning all :
      Hate Coronation Street - no hate is unfair ,,,,,,was great in it's day.
      Or maybe my day when I enjoyed it !
      Just sooooooooooo over it !

KY : Think that Ken fella is still having affairs - give us a break :H:H

Comment

af day Saturday 3 Nov

satz123;1404921 wrote: Morning all :
        Hate Coronation Street - no hate is unfair ,,,,,,was great in it's day.
        Or maybe my day when I enjoyed it !
        Just sooooooooooo over it !

KY : Think that Ken fella is still having affairs - give us a break :H:H
        I know! How old is that man ??????? :H

Comment

af day Saturday 3 Nov

I think he's 80 or summit:H
          I remember Denise - liked her !

Comment

af day Saturday 3 Nov

satz123;1404925 wrote: I think he's 80 or summit:H
            I remember Denise - liked her !
            Yeh she is a really nice woman

Comment

af day Saturday 3 Nov

Morning Mick thanks for the coffee and the kickoff...next time you're kicking can you see if KY is around. The "P" has been returned to stock as it was no longer needed. If I stick to my current schedule, I'll be up in plenty of time to start the thread. Just have to remember to turn the clock back tonight.
              Enjoy your BBQ tonight and remember "Don't try to explain yourself to Stupid people, you're not the Jackass Whisperer!"

KY congrats on your son's engagement. Can't chat right now off looking for my gun.

Satz
              good morning. Listen to you and KY chatting about Cory as if they were personal friends of yours. Maybe all the truth hasn't come out yet.

Morning to all who haven't checked in yet. Down to my Dad's this morning then off to try and post more Craft Sale posters in the community. Can't believe how many people don't want them in there shops window.

Have a great AF Saturday all and all to come.....PPQ

Comment

af day Saturday 3 Nov

Good morning Abbers,

Not even a little sunshine here today ~ oh well!
                Animals all fed, watered & napping already

Mick, did I ever tell you about Christmas eve 2008?
                I absolutely was NOT drunk but I did have a few glasses of wine onboard along with a Rx antidepressant I was taking at the time & I fell on my ass in front of everyone & couldn't get up without a hand!!!! That was when I decided it was time to make some big changes in my life.
                I totally embarrassed myself & swore I would never let that happen again. Stupid juice is just not worth all that! Keep yourself safe & sober

Greetings Kuya, Satz, PQ & everyone!
                Not sure what I'm doing today but I'm sure I'll think of something/
                Wishing a great AF Saturday for one & all.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Saturday 3 Nov

Mick, you are amazing remembering so many in your daily thread. What a wonderful way to start off the day!
                  Pourquoi I'm going to need a XL "P" today. I am PROUD to announce I have 60 AF days today!!! Go me! Make sure you get that P delivered immediately. Thanks so much!
                  Lav - I'll send a little sunshine your way. It's feels a bit more cheery around here. No power yet but I will get the benefits of Daylight Savings time Monday morning.
                  Halloween was postponed until Monday night. Weird. Wonder what we'll be doing about the Election on Tuesday...
                  Off to heat up a pot of water for tea. Oh wait, Mick has it all ready for us. Thanks Mick.
                  ~nurdl
                  :notes:
                  we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Saturday 3 Nov

Nurdl....well done you .........60 days...1440 hours...86400 minutes......doesnt matter :goodjob:
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Saturday 3 Nov

Thanks Mick! I'll leave my laptop open on the table so I can read your message across the room as I get another cup of tea. :H
                      :notes:
                      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Saturday 3 Nov

:yay: Nurdl - congrats on your 60! And you made it through Sandy too!

:wave:
                        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Saturday 3 Nov

Morning Mick. Yes I'll have one of those green teas as soon as I stop laughing. And yes cat came over to make sure I was ok. Yes I meant burpees.

Hmm, Denise is Daniel's mother right?

Well I should grab the cup and get to work. Overcast here today but is warming up. Ugh, must remember to get the kayak covered up for winter.... Once t he snow melts.

Have a good weekend one and all. And yes you too KY
                          AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Saturday 3 Nov

:yay: CONGRATS ON 60 AF DAYS NURDL!!!! :yay:
                            You deserve an extra pat on the back for remaining AF thru this hurricane & it's lingering aftermath!
                            Sure hope you get some power back very soon

Hi CanToo!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Saturday 3 Nov

nurdl;1404977 wrote: Pourquoi I'm going to need a XL "P" today. I am PROUD to announce I have 60 AF days today!!! Go me! Make sure you get that P delivered immediately. Thanks so much!
                              ~nurdl
                              ......."P"........
                              Sorry it's late just saw this!

Oh ya and....

CONGRATS ON 60 AF DAYS

:wd::happy::yay::whee::danthin::cheering

Comment

Working...
                              X