November Survivors ~ Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my. Well that is fascinating, I have to say. Ive read your drifting prose here LB for several months now, and always felt you were a kindred spirit to mine, but didnt know why really, and now I know. Dill, please dont apologize, I did intend my story to be both funny and horrifying. I have a confession to make, I am a technical science writer but I would love to write non-fiction and while I spend my day describing and interpreting the most appaulling scientific dreck in mind numbing polysyllabic bafflegab, what I would really rather be doing is amusing myself with writing how I write on here sometimes. Its all true. You cant make this up. But it WAS funny, and we even laughed about it then, in a macabre kind of way. I think the Irish are a bit like this, but certainly the Scots have this way of laughing at the most rediculously painful experiences, and Canadians do as well. I think its because of the climate. I really do. Love Kas
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Dear Kas. You may indeed be my little sister and you are at least one I wish I had. For some reason you scare me a little (in an acceptable way); you are so forthright and I wonder if I can take it if the light of your big brain is turned on me. You are one smart, funny girl. My father was a Scot and a war hero with legendary humor in the face of disaster so perhaps being on an odd limb is second nature even if I did not know him. I have a doctorate in psychology and it didn't help. I too like to write about what I see. You never did tell us about that quaint Dead Moose Project. Love, Ladybird.
      may we be well

Comment

I don't think Kas has used her famous 'box of farts' quote here yet :H :H
        Kaslo does have a beautiful creative writing style & I can't wait to buy her first book

In a perfect world we all would have been raised by two perfect parents in a perfect house, etc.
        and would know how important self-love is..............
        But reality is quite different for most of us I think. I can't see where schools would begin to have time to foster self-esteem but at least most schools do have assistance available for kids in a crisis.

I'm having a weird night sitting here instant messaging back & forth with my daughter & DIL. We are all trying to figure out a group gift for my niece's bridal shower coming up soon. I'm kind of sitting back & letting the girls do all the online research. I am so over bridal showers, weddings, etc :H

Rusty, I'm watching PBS because there is football on every other station........hope you are enjoying yourself!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X