af day Friday 16 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Friday 16 Nov

Ugh, I forgot the pre-Xmas Greek get together Saturday night.

I can do this! Right? :H
    AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

Evening all... realise we have simultaneous AF threads tonight: today's (for those of us still west of Hong Kong) and tomorrows (for all dem antipodeans).

Glad to say, no free wine, no drink at a pub, no drinks with flat mate for his birthday. Did a quick sharp harp and got up to the countryhouse.

FYI, I was given a bottle of champers about 8 months ago for some work I did. Always kept it for a special occasion. But tonight decided to wrap it up and leave it in the fridge for my flatmate for his buffday instead.

That did feel good.

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

RunningCourage;1412523 wrote: Evening all... realise we have simultaneous AF threads tonight: today's (for those of us still west of Hong Kong) and tomorrows (for all dem antipodeans).

Glad to say, no free wine, no drink at a pub, no drinks with flat mate for his birthday. Did a quick sharp harp and got up to the countryhouse.

FYI, I was given a bottle of champers about 8 months ago for some work I did. Always kept it for a special occasion. But tonight decided to wrap it up and leave it in the fridge for my flatmate for his buffday instead.

That did feel good.
        A battle won for you, too! High five! LOL It's EVERYWHERE!!!! Ggggrrrrr...
        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

Greetings FABbrrrrrrrrrristios......

Well...well...TWO threads for the here and now! Geez....it's hard for me to keep up with just one thread in up here in the far north frozen backwater.

I am grateful to be working indoors lately. It is just too darn cold to be outside! Now, if I could only clear the junk out of the garage and get my poor auto inside. It's a hybrid so it really doesn't like the cold at all.

...wishing you a great AF weekend wherever you are on the planet!

If anyone wants to join me....I plan on being in chat at 5 am GMT Saturday (aka Friday night in the US)

Here's a time zone converter for fun:

Time Zone Converter - Time & Time Zone Conversion

And Det....can you feel me sending THE LOOK of concern your way? I hope you can make it to the chat cave tonight to let us know how you're doing in real time.
          Sober for the Revolution!
          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

I've never done a chat. This could be cool.
            ~nurdl
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

CanToo;1412371 wrote: Ugh, I forgot the pre-Xmas Greek get together Saturday night.

I can do this! Right? :H
              Of course you CAN you dope.......easy :h

And Rabsy.....well done with the champagne ......you are never going to need it, so why keep it?

I went to a party last night and my son asked if I was taking alcohol to be sociable.......when I said no,I'll take soft drinks he was a little critical.....but I had to point out that I am often left with nothing BUT alcohol on offer......how is that fair?

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

Nurdl...I hope you can be enough of a night owl so we can chat in real time! I am hoping to log on around 7:30 Alaska time which would be 11:30 for you! Sometimes we have quite the international bunch on chat....there's our wonderful friend Caysea from Florida, the ever lovely Sidney from Canada, eh, AND our sober sweetie, Solitaire from South Africa.

I've seen Kuya once in chat and don't tell anyone, but she is as feisty online as she is in the threads. I say that with affection. But PLEASE, whatever you do, refrain from making disparaging remarks about gophers...or geez...maybe it was the gerbils....I can't remember. JUST don't make fun of rodents. She is sensitive about that! :egad:mg::bat:eeks:ull:hateputer:
                Sober for the Revolution!
                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

LOL TURN, DO NOT MESS WITH THE RODENTS. :H:H

Might meet you there, kids permitting!

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

Way to pique my interest! Rodents? Lol. I'll check in if I'm still awake
                    ~nurdl
                    :notes:
                    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

TURN .......I just used the time converter........me head nearly exploded! LOL

I am such a dunce sometimes :H

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

Well.....did not check in at normal time, spent day trying to work and get some personal stuff done too. Then got kids and ran errands - they are off for week now - and no gummys today - so all out of whack and the cravings are really strong - this sucks! I woke up this morning so happy, and felt that maybe I had made it, felt so good and so strong and so happy - and now this!!!! I really want a lovely glass of red wine to go with the pizza the girls picked up for supper - I know that I really don't want it, but i do, i do, i do......I do and I don't - why is the do bug here??? I want it to go away :upset: I know it won't be a lovely glass of red wine, but why don't I know that???
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

scottish lass;1412715 wrote: Well.....did not check in at normal time, spent day trying to work and get some personal stuff done too. Then got kids and ran errands - they are off for week now - and no gummys today - so all out of whack and the cravings are really strong - this sucks! I woke up this morning so happy, and felt that maybe I had made it, felt so good and so strong and so happy - and now this!!!! I really want a lovely glass of red wine to go with the pizza the girls picked up for supper - I know that I really don't want it, but i do, i do, i do......I do and I don't - why is the do bug here??? I want it to go away :upset: I know it won't be a lovely glass of red wine, but why don't I know that???
                          SL ......this is just patterning. You used to do this before when the girls came. Your brain knows the pattern. Don't panic. After the Pizza DO something different, anything different. Ask the girls if they would like to do something else.

There is nothing wrong, you haven't had your usual sugar, EAT LOADS NOW!

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

Thanks Kuya, I appreciate the support - this really stinks!
                            Reading like crazy, hoping it sorts my mind out.
                            Mick, thanks - I have some AF beer in the garage and went and got a bottle - I do wish someone made drinkable AF wine - it is all pretty horrible. I am not a beer drinker, but willing to try anything.

Kuya - did you look up the Alteril - if you are interested and worried about getting it, I would happily send you some...wrapped in Christmas paper so noone would know...

back to reading......feel like crying....

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

scottish lass;1412725 wrote: Thanks Kuya, I appreciate the support - this really stinks!
                              Reading like crazy, hoping it sorts my mind out.
                              Mick, thanks - I have some AF beer in the garage and went and got a bottle - I do wish someone made drinkable AF wine - it is all pretty horrible. I am not a beer drinker, but willing to try anything.

Kuya - did you look up the Alteril - if you are interested and worried about getting it, I would happily send you some...wrapped in Christmas paper so noone would know...

back to reading......feel like crying....
                              Right first off SL CRY

THIS IS SOMETHING WORTH CRYING OVER. HAVE A GOOD WAIL, RIGHT NOW.......YOU HEAR ME WOMAN?

Comment

af day Friday 16 Nov

well KY, that turned on the taps - thank you for caring.....trying to type thru the tears, and by golly gosh you might be right! Feel a release....this IS worth crying over......
                                thank you so very much, off to cook the pizza and I will enjoy it with this AF beer...I WILL MAKE IT THRU THIS!!! DAMN IT!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X