Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Saturday 17 November

PPQ........thanks
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

Just a quick fly by - need to go play instructor in 20 min. And the KID is in the bathroom. Yes we only have one bathroom. Why? Ugh I don't know. :H

K,

Cat - just training for life baby. I do a competitive water sport and am trying one last kick at the bucket so to speak, after being off two years because of an injury. Spring Training camp is in FL in March. I just got a shot of motivation as some of my friends have made it to the Senior C national team (they're going to Hungry in July). I'm very excited for them. Do you think if I touch them I'll get some of their talent?..... Alright I'll keep working.

PPQ - thanks for that, didn't know why mine usually posted as links. Think I got it right once. Change to IMG. Got it.

I will get that post typed out today. Now I have 15 minutes to get to treasures place (across the parking lot), back to drive the kid to work (because I can) in 60 min, then back to treasurer, and the to Massage touch hour in 5 hours. Oh, and because KY said I could I have to be downtown by 6:30 tonight for the get together. Smooze a coach, see some old friends Fah, and gracefully decline the ozo. :eeew:

oke: KY. :ey:
      AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

HA. This is a dragon boat (my team in 2010 - World Crew in Macau China.

Ahhhhh. I'm late

CT

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

cool photo CT! wow, proud to know you!
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

OOOO, Cantoo, that is really cool! Wow. So impressed.

Still in bed at 9:19 am. I've come to love my bed. Cozy, soft, comforting. After years of crap sleep, since the day I went AF, I sleep like the dead. I read here, post here, even work here on occasions. I know I need to get me buns in gear, but it is like my own *nest* through this experience. It's like my absolute comfort zone after so much abuse.

SL, glad Kuya was there to help you. I got confused on threads, too, and missed the whole discussion yesterday. A real cry feels good, doesn't it? I had one this week, first since going AF, and it felt different. I hope you are better this a.m. On the AF beer, I have Becks on hand. I think it tastes really good, and is low in calories.

Kuya, it would be great if restaurants had more options. I was at a French bistro, and the waitress just looked at me like, if you're not having wine with dinner, you are in the wrong place. I would love it if spicy tomato juice were an option. Ah well. As we have observed, we are outside of societal norm.

Mick, I miss Eeyore.

Lav, thanks for the post on cutting sugar cravings. It was nice to see L-Glut is credited with working on sugar, too. I think the AL cravings I am having (not nearly so bad or frequent) are tied to sugar cravings. There's a fantastic book on this, "Potatoes not Prozac." I've read it several times over the past few years. So I was primed to believe that my AL quit would not be successful if I didn't address sugar. I'll find some time to post her key findings. Helped me a lot.

PPQ, what are the "P"s you give out?
            "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

CanToo;1412961 wrote:

HA. This is a dragon boat (my team in 2010 - World Crew in Macau China.

Ahhhhh. I'm late

CT
              Thats so cool. LOve watching dragon boat racing.

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

SF......I was tired of living like a hermit.....so you caved in !!!!!!!!:H:H:H:H
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

Cantoo..brilliant photo..loved China

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

Catbuddy....here he is on jollies..

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

AF drinks in restaurants and at home

I had a chuckle (sorry!) when I read about the dilemma of ordering AF drinks and the huge orange juice and sparkling water bottles on the table. This year when I have been out to dinner (apart from a night in May when I gave myself 'permission' to dine on wine) I ask the waitperson something like "what type of sparkling water would you recommend?" Some twig on immediately - and with a flourish name a brand. Others, poor things, have to rush away and check. I am always good natured about it but I do ask for lots of sliced lemon with my drink.
                      At home I put lots of lemon or fresh mint in my water - and I have found a brand of diet lime cordial called Bickfords that is excellent - esp refreshing when it gets hot (for Kiwis only - you can buy this at Countdown). Lovely mixed with soda.
                      As part of my recovery - I also purchased some new drinking glasses that I do not associate with booze. OK - this is all minor minor stuff but its the little tips and rituals that sometimes help.
                      Now onto the biggies - must tear myself away from the computer to deal with these tasks!

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

Catbuddy;1413022 wrote: PPQ, what are the "P"s you give out?
                        Hi CB...

The "P" stands for Positive...and I hand them out to those in need of an attitude change...PPQ

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

Ok, first things first. The Massage turned out to be a transformative Energitic Healing. I have an Indigo shifting to Crystal aura. No really! She emailed me some info on the two and about 'shifting'. She nailed me. Two more 'massages' over the next couple of weeks. Now I have to book a tissue massage for my old aching body.

So, have you ever picked up the closest book and then opened it to a random page to see what it has to tell you? I do it all the time. My next post will be what I read yesterday.

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

Awesome Pic Cantoo.
                            I understand your frustration at getting injured, even my low level attempts at fitness get frustrated by injury.
                            Hope you had a good evening, if you would like to let me have a diary of any future events I will pick those I think you should attend ! :H:H

Mick.....I'm glad Eeyore is having a good time.....but the Owl is much more you! The last thing you come across as is an Eeyore IMO!

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

Cantoo....what a cool photo!

Mick...yes, as I deprived myself of life and doing the things I enjoyed....I would be eventually go F-this.

I took a different approach this time....not holing myself up.....and it is working better than anything in the past.

I spent the entire day in front of triggers today.....I just did not react to them.

Sober and happy.

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

TheSunFlower;1413201 wrote: Cantoo....what a cool photo!

Mick...yes, as I deprived myself of life and doing the things I enjoyed....I would be eventually go F-this.

I took a different approach this time....not holing myself up.....and it is working better than anything in the past.

I spent the entire day in front of triggers today.....I just did not react to them.

Sober and happy.
                                As always SF I admire your fortitude :h

Comment

Working...
                                X