Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Saturday 17 November

The Four Agreements ~ Don Miguel Ruiz

Our personal dream, the whole interaction between the dream and the dreamer, is constantly shifting and changing. But in the virtual reality in our mind, we try to stop things from changing. Humans get attached to the dream; we resist the transformation of Life. And this attachement, this resistance, creates emotional pain.

By Resisting the transformation of Life, humans create the illusion of death; we suffer from every "loss" again and again. Humans have a powerful memory and we witness our own dreams. In our memory we attach to what is past, we try to bring it back to life, and in the virtual reality we succeed.

We create a whole movie in our mind that we can repeat as often as we want to. If we close our eyes and use our imagination, we can see the movie again and again in the same way, from our point of view, of course, with our own interpretation that is only true for us. We modify our memories and distort the images; what we remember is not the way things really happened, but the movie keeps playing in our mind.

Life is what is happening; death is what is not happening. A moment after something happens, it is already dead. Whatever happened to us as a child, in school, with friends, in love relationships - whatever was true thirty years ago - is no longer true. Our whole personal history is dead, but we become so attached that we bring back the ghost in our mind.

We carry the memory of our whole life knowing that it is dead, that it is no longer true, and yet if effects our everyday life. It is true that the memory happened but it's also true that it is not happening anymore. It is gone; it isn't real. If it was real, it's no longer real...."

Now today I was given tools to help me cope with my shifting aura part of which said to 'Be at peace with what is happening to your being.... To be kind to yourself and nurture yourself.... You will need time to grow in strength and learn the skills of your new environment.

She also gave me a list of daily affirmations (something I have never done). Here's my favorite.

I AM accepting full responsibility for my own healing process on all levels (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual), to improve my daily welll-being and my quality of life.

Be good to yourself Det.

CT
    AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

SF - when I first came here I spent 3 straight days on my couch reading MWO. And then a couple of weeks later (I think) I spent 2 full days on my couch reading all the 50 Shades of Grey books.....

What ever helps you - works! You are one strong Woman!

KY - sorry but Mick already picked Rio over Italy :H
      AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

Love that post Cantoo, tis so true. So many people stay stuck in trying to change yesterday, tis the source of most peoples unhappiness IMHO

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

Kuya and Cantoo....

I am not a strong woman....sigh I just learned the hard way of what did not work for me.

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

Can Too, thank you xxxx
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

TheSunFlower;1413260 wrote: Kuya and Cantoo....

I am not a strong woman....sigh I just learned the hard way of what did not work for me.
              But SF.......hanging in there until you learnt IS strong!

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

CanToo;1413212 wrote: SF - when I first came here I spent 3 straight days on my couch reading MWO. And then a couple of weeks later (I think) I spent 2 full days on my couch reading all the 50 Shades of Grey books.....

What ever helps you - works! You are one strong Woman!

KY - sorry but Mick already picked Rio over Italy :H
                Well, that is a bizarre coincidence. I consumed MWY, and in a few weeks, read the Shades of Grey books. Mmmm.

CanToo, did the energy healing feel right? I've enjoyed going to energy healers over the years.

Saturday night, cold, tired, and thinking chicken soup for dinner. I made it yesterday, with dumplings and all. YUM.

Cat
                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

Saw this thread last night, but just had to wait until today to post - Saturday early evening here in rainy N California, with snow in the hills. Is it snowing with you Det?? My works planes are getting in and out of Reno so hopefully not too bad?
                  PPQ - my first P - thank you. (and thanks for asking Catbuddy - now I know what to do with it). I did need the positve attitude. After a good cry (thanks Kuya) I managed to get thru the evening. I slept about 4 hours - which is better than last couple weeks - so probably being over tired, not taking care of my emotions and not feeding my sugar cravings - I tried to cut back on the gummy bears, but did not replace with other things, so ate gummy bears today and now I have my P I will look into ensuring I really have what I need to be able to be strong enough when hell hits!
                  Cat - I have Clausthaler AFbeer and it tasted pretty good - I can manage one of thsoe every so often as needed.
                  P - love the quote - I am looking forward to finding out what the reason is for everything thou!!
                  Well, it is witching hour and I feel a whole heck of a lot better than last night and look forward to fininshing my third week - thanks for all the support.....
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

AF Saturday 17 November

oy Scottish Lass, no snow just yet however it's on it's way for sure. had a ton of rain today which was really unusual.

glad yer feeling better!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X