can i just say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i just say...

SUGAR..SUGAR...SUGAR...Sugar...sugar...fekking sugar...40 days sober and all i want to do is eat sugar!!!!
    10-06-2012

can i just say...

Im still eating too daym many cookies........it could be worse I guess
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

can i just say...

bettygirl;1412815 wrote: SUGAR..SUGAR...SUGAR...Sugar...sugar...fekking sugar...40 days sober and all i want to do is eat sugar!!!!
      Betty, cut the sugar, it blew my last quit, was eating two chocolate bars a night and neglected my diet. Protein, veg, salad in large quantities, supplement your omega 3s and only take sugar via fruit.

Comment

can i just say...

hi betty,unfortunately i feel your pain,moosetrack ice cream is my new best friend,if i cut out the sugar,i know ill drink,i cant give up everything yet.
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

can i just say...

Betty,

I tried L-Glutamine to help with sugar cravings. It worked but it did cause me some unpleasant side effects.
          Here's a good article with 20 tips to help curb sugar cravings.

Dr. Frank Lipman: 20 Tips to Curb Sugar Cravings and Kick the Addiction
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

can i just say...

thansk guys...yesterday was crazy, as i don't normally eat sweets at all, but was literally driven to get to the store and buy something sweet! i got dark chocolate roca, and ate about 4 pieces...more cansy than i've eaten in years! i also find on days when i am not indulging in sugar, my blood sugar drops around 4-5 pm, and i get shaky and weak, and MUST eat something before i DIE!!!! egad, what alcohol has done to my poor body.
            grant me the serenity to NOT EAT ALLLLL THE SUGAR today! lol
            10-06-2012

Comment

can i just say...

thanks lav!
              10-06-2012

Comment

can i just say...

i actually have been very adamant about not eating sugar for most of my life. i know that sugar feeds cancer cells, and for that reson alone, it scares me. i am vegetarian/vegan and am pretty serious about nutrition, so this new obsession with sugar is bizarre. my poor pancreas!
                10-06-2012

Comment

can i just say...

det, i don't want to hear about the paleo diet, either!!!
                  10-06-2012

Comment

can i just say...

Hiya Betty....

I had a problem with sugar even before I became an addicted drinker and I often wonder if I ended up becoming an addicted drinker because alcohol is the jet fuel of sugars. Either way - my metabolism was even more screwed up than before.

Now, I am almost back to normal. I use l-glut to help stabilize the acute sugar cravings and take chromium and niacin as well. Additionally, I make sure I eat foods rich in fiber and protein to slow digestion and keep insulin levels in balance. I never skip a meal. I eat healthy snacks between meals, too.

I will tell you this...even now, with all this work...once I DO eat anything with a lot of sugar in it...I am a craving machine. I want more and more and more and more and more. Just like alcohol. Hmmmmmm. Same shit...just different forms. But both will kill.

In the early days...I was a real fan of red lentils. Filling...good for you and easy to make. Quinoa is another good treat that digests nice and slowly and keeps those sugar spikes at bay.

By the way...LOVE your avatar. Makes me smile. And shudder!

Good luck getting a handle on the sugar crap....
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

can i just say...

kuya;1412895 wrote: Betty, cut the sugar, it blew my last quit, was eating two chocolate bars a night and neglected my diet. Protein, veg, salad in large quantities, supplement your omega 3s and only take sugar via fruit.
                      no better advice could be given!
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

can i just say...

:yeahthat:
                        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

can i just say...

Hi Betty, I agree with Lav and the L-glut, it really helps.

Turnagain also, slowly released proteins like those suggested keep the sugar monster at bay.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

can i just say...

Betty, my best (brief) advice is to ditto what Kuya said:

Originally Posted by kuya
                            Betty, cut the sugar, it blew my last quit, was eating two chocolate bars a night and neglected my diet. Protein, veg, salad in large quantities, supplement your omega 3s and only take sugar via fruit.

blood sugar instability is very common among vegetarians and vegans and it can drive you bonkers. do you know approx how much dietary fat and how many grams of protein you are getting daily? a craving for chocolate is often a craving for dietary fats.
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

can i just say...

Betty - I am the same, I am eating a lot of sugar and feel that I need it - I also have shakes around 5pm if I don't. I tried really hard to start to cut back and last night I had one of the worst evenings in a long tme when I had been doing pretty well. I agree with a lot of what has been posted and do not want to carry this on for much longer, but honestly I am more worried about the effects of drinking, so I am not depriving my cravings and doing whatever it takes to ensure I don't drink, and today I have fed my sugar cravings and feel a whole lot better than this time yesterday....I will work on the sugar later.....
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                              X