Weekly AA Thread - Nov. 19 - Nov. 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad to hear it mary...one can never have enough spiritual food...thanksgiving food, certainly!

sol, i can't imagine hot weather right now! we are at 46 degrees farenheit! brrrrr...lucky you!

i didn't make it to a meeting yesterday. we all slept in and got up and started cooking...had a blast with my daughter making mediocre food, and fantastic pie...then went for a big walk with my favorite beagle (don't tell the others), and then went to see the movie "life of pi", which was magical and beautiful and just perfect for a spiritual searcher like me. i got a kick out of it!

made it to a meeting this am and it was just meh, but worked out for an hour and a half and feel really good today!

hope everyone is well...peace!
    10-06-2012

Comment

Still going to just about a meeting per day...sometimes 2. Yesterday's step was the 5th. Not easy to confess to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. I'm going to a discussion meeting tonight. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

i went to a pretty hardcore downtown meeting at noon. i like those...lots of people, kids, and some real honest stories that make you really think about how bad things can get, and how lucky i am that i didn't fall all the way down to homelessness or worse. i have been homeless, but it wasn't because of alcohol, more just bad decisions when i was young and adventurous.
        i didn;t know anyone there, but was called on last..."does the lady in the black hat want to speak?"...i said i was thankful to be sober and that i had my first sober thanksgiving in like 25 years...

peace!
        10-06-2012

Comment

Good to see you all here.
          Sober holidays are the best.
          Love and Peace,
          Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

indeed, phil!
            10-06-2012

Comment

Hi Phil: It's always nice to see you here. Yes, sober holidays are definitely better than what I had in the past.

Good meeting this morning. It was on the spiritual aspect of the program.

mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

im reading "the 12 step buddhist"...WOW. i highly recommend it.
                10-06-2012

Comment

Working...
                X