af day Wed 21 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Wed 21 Nov

Thanks, Cat. I hope you feel better soon! Good for not choosing the wine as a "solution". I'm sure PPQ will be along and send you some P's. I'll send a cyber hug. :l

Lav, I'm laughing thinking about doing it all yourself. I don't think my mother cooked a Thanksgiving dinner once we were all out of the house. I agree with Cat that you deserve a lot of kudos for your hard work and dedication.
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Wed 21 Nov

Got a bit of a rest in today - got up to sign in and do my check in, and tomorrows thread is already here - I had a momentary panic thinking I had my days all wrong and it was time to cook the turkey, which is not ready yet!!
      Last time was a struggle again, it is feeling like week one all over - and still not sleeping well, have lingering headache - I did enjoy week two and start of week three! Hoping to get those feelings back...
      Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans tomorrow. The girls were supposed to be with their dad this week, and I am on call for the holiday - but they have had a falling out with their father and have been living with me for last 6 weeks. Hopefully work won't be too busy and the three of us can have a nice little celebration - I have to go get the turkey out of the box, hopefully it is defrosted Cat!
      I am thankful to have my girls, and sincerely hope with all that they are going thru, I have the ability to bring them up as intact, strong, independant women - and I would not stand a chance if I was drinking - have to remind myself!!
      Last Thanksgiving I had been with MWO for about 8 months - I drank too much on this day thou and decided to get serious, started my longest spell the day after Thanksgiving - hoping to crush that achievement this time around..
      I hope Mick is having a great trip - we need to find some jokes!
      Happy hump day to everyone checking in, and good prepping for all the Turkey (or alternatives) cooking tomorrow:l
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Wed 21 Nov

No SL, it's definitely still Wednesday. Not even 7pm yet here on the east coast
        Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving with your girls!

Cat, hope you feel better soon. I've had some lingering cold/sinus stuff for a week now, it's getting tiresome but I refuse to let it get me down. I'm too damn busy to get sick :H

YahYah, i hope things work out for you with your rental property. It must be difficult to manage something like that, I can't imagine. Please have a safe trip to NY!

I have worked my tail off today but my house is reasonably clean & I've gotten a head start on the cooking for tomorrow - SWEET

Have a great AF night one & all.
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Wed 21 Nov

Just a quick check in - planning for a totally sober Thanksgiving - had some hankerings tonight, but will do it. As we start our new life, we are looking at new traditions, and we just went and signed up for a 5K walk against hunger at 8am tomorrow morning! The proceeds go to the emergency food bank - I feel so good about this and the girls are really excited. This would never have happened before as I would be hung-over from the night before and not wanting to go out as it would be time for Mimosas to start the day - this sounds like a much more worthwhile way to start the day!
          Thanks Lav for the good wishes for us tomorrow, I hope your day goes well for all of you too. Turkey in the brine, everything ready to start cooking when we get in from our walk!
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Wed 21 Nov

That sounds like a great new tradition SL ~ enjoy
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Wed 21 Nov

SL, I'm with Lav - that does sound like a great new tradition. I got so wrapped up in myself when I was drinking. It's hard to see beyond my 4 walls.

Tree thanks again, I know it's hard to re-train our wee little brains. It's like herding cats out here. But at least we're AF cats.

Busy working off my layers of beer (got a peak at a 13.4 lb weight loss after my PT session today). I know it was water loss, but still nice to see that 'magic' number on the scale.

Cat I hope you can find a way to enjoy being home with the flu and not hungover. I know sounds a little strange, but I mean it in the best possible way.

YaH
              wow you're a busy one. Have a great time with your family. And I hope that you have no issues getting rid of the tenant and property management company ( don't forget a new lock set for when you do).

Hello Maddie
              that's one heck of a list you've got going. Start at the top and work your way down. And don't be too hard on yourself. Just one AF day after another.

Right Sun?
              I'm so glad you're doing food today.

Hi Turn
              winter has set in nicely here. Thanks for that cool air..... Oh who am I kidding. You can keep it until January if ypu like.

Well the Kid should be calling for his pick up soon. And I can't wait to drive him home from work, BECAUSE I CAN!

CanToo
              AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Wed 21 Nov

Cantoo......get OUT of Wednesday and get with the programme! :H:H:H

Comment

af day Wed 21 Nov

Lol. But it is Wednesday!

:H
                  AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Wed 21 Nov

CanToo;1415264 wrote: Lol. But it is Wednesday!

:H
                    Now you know how I have felt for months with you lot a day behind! :H:H

Me and treetops are winding down Thursday and you are stuck in yesterday!

Comment

Working...
                    X