Holy Cow! 100 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Cow! 100 days

Hi everyone. I?ve stopped the daily counting, but I happened to open my Excel AF counter this evening, and saw this gorgeous number, 100. Though I had not planned to, something just said I could stop taking the Campral now, and fortunately it worked. I have a twinge or two, but really not a bother. I?ll continue to be mindful of the danger of a relapse, but honestly, right now, I can?t imagine drinking again. I will continue too, to be grateful and mindful of the help I received here in those first 30 days. You guys are the best support I can imagine.

I?m on a ?semi-vacation? driving to the West Coast so my wife and I can do some visiting with our grandchildren. Therefore, I won?t be checking in too frequently. No response is expected. Just wanted to post my progress and this short report in the hopes of helping any readers who might like to see what is possible by following the wide range of options available here at MYO.

Best,

Capto

Holy Cow! 100 days

Capto ....

That's bloody wonderful!

Enjoy those gorgeous grandchildren - with a clear head and a happy mind. Thanks for telling us.

Comment

Holy Cow! 100 days

Capto, I could not be happier for you. You must be so darn proud of yourself. 100 days? Wow. Have a great time on your trip and please stay in touch......
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Holy Cow! 100 days

Hello Capto.
        Well done.

Comment

Holy Cow! 100 days

Capto what do you mean, no response is needed...

100 DAYS ALCHOL FREE....
          HURRAH, HURRAH, AND TWICE YIPPEE...

HUMPH, NO RESPONSE INDEED.....

Great achievement,
          Love, Louise xxx

A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Holy Cow! 100 days

Thanks for posting your progress... What an inspiration!

Have an awesome trip capto!

Doo
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Holy Cow! 100 days

Thanks so much for sharing that Capto - us newbies need to hear the long term success stories - it gives us so much hope.

My two week anniversary today - woot !woot!

2nd day of 75mg topa. tried to tidy son's toys this morning, went a bit like this:

carry handful of lego from kitchen to bedroom. stand in bedroom and stare out of window. forget why there. straighten bed cover. remember something about toys. open toy cupboard and take out contents. arrange on floor dreamily. play with favourites for 20 minutes. wander downstairs to get plastic bag for broken bits. forget why went downstairs. make cup of tea. forget about toys. go out fo house. come back later to find toys all over sons bedroom floor. decide leave for another day. house in worse state than before I started.

this anyone else's experience?!

K x

Comment

Holy Cow! 100 days

I should point out that my son is at school, in case anyone thinks I went out and left him alone!!

Comment

Holy Cow! 100 days

I have a bad habit when someone says not needed I just have to CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!

Sammys

Comment

Holy Cow! 100 days

good for you capto. B

Comment

Holy Cow! 100 days

That's Awesome Capto!
                      Congrats to You!
                      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Holy Cow! 100 days

Anyone Else?

kate7173;105238 wrote: My two week anniversary today - woot !woot!

2nd day of 75mg topa. tried to tidy son's toys this morning, went a bit like this:

carry handful of lego from kitchen to bedroom. stand in bedroom and stare out of window. forget why there. straighten bed cover. remember something about toys. open toy cupboard and take out contents. arrange on floor dreamily. play with favourites for 20 minutes. wander downstairs to get plastic bag for broken bits. forget why went downstairs. make cup of tea. forget about toys. go out fo house. come back later to find toys all over sons bedroom floor. decide leave for another day. house in worse state than before I started.

this anyone else's experience?!

K x
                        Hi Kate,

Topa was the my med of choice in the beginning despite the side effects. Many report an improvement after some usage. You might think of staying at 75mg longer, or there is nothing wrong with cutting back to a lower dose. My big break through was finally making up my mind. After that topa and later campral helped me do it.

You can do it. Experiment on what works for you.

Best,

Capto

Comment

Holy Cow! 100 days

hi capt

don't mind the dreamyness really, expect it will pass...

thanks for replying. i still feel v motivated aand positive.

K x

Comment

Holy Cow! 100 days

Absolutely marvellous - an inspiration!!! Well done

Cashy
                            xxxx
                            "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                            X