af day Friday 23 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Friday 23 Nov

Hope all those who celebrate Thanksgiving had a great day.

I had a good night's sleep and have been working before breakfast. Will check in later!

af day Friday 23 Nov

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts and wisdom.

Det....listening to the podcast now.

Lite beer....I can drink ALOT of. So that is off limits. But, I found my brain listening to people talk about having a glass or two of wine or hard liquor. It started to seem like a great idea to me. Higher alochol content, meant I would need less.

In a way I wanted to hear that withdrawal was so much worse with wine or hard liquor to scare me away from it. So at heart I wanted to stay sober.

I got a lot of sleep today. I think ultimately that is what my body was really craving. I feel on much more steady ground now.

And who am I kidding, besides myself....that wine or hard liquor would allow me to have less drinks....and it would be so much better. I claim the "retard award" of the week

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

can anyone come to chat..I need help. Sid

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

Happy AF Friday Tree. Hope you have a great day.

I am so glad to see you AF Sun. Sounds like you needed to be tucked in and taken care of. Way to go!

Det I hope you feel happy and strong on Friday. Any plans for protein filled meals this weekend? Catch that haggis yet?

KY, HAPPY FRIDAY CHICKIE! It is so very hard for me NOT poke you. It's like poking a bee hive, you know you shouldn't but some times you just want to see what happens.

Happy Thanksgiving Turn, and Lav. I trust you two had a wonderful meal.

And Nurdl, this must be a strange one for you this year. Hope you're enjoying your trip.

Shue and PPQ enjoying life I trust.

For those I missed and don't know so well :hallo: I'm CanToo - crazy movement chick right now. This week I got in 2 spin classes and as of tomorrow 2 PT sessions. Hike on Saturday and most likely short run on Sunday.

I am also working my way through some major sugar cravings lately. I did manage 3 pretty clean days and felt amazing. Remember when you would drink when you were sad and drink when you were happy? Well today I had a shite load of sugar BECAUSE I WAS ON SUCH A FEEL GOOD UP! And yup I came crashing down. So I forced down my healthy lunch and worked my :moon: off in spin. Tonight I spun so hard thought I'd cry and yes I feel better.

K, I'm off for a soak while the iPad charges. Caught the end of CORONATION STREET and will need to do some catching up me thinks. Marcus is straight all of a sudden. Bahahaha, naw maybe that's even better than aoke:

CT jumping back to Thursday.
        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

Sid, just saw your post but I can't chat on my iPad. KY where are you?

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

Hang tight Sid, someone will be here soon.

Hey you're in my home town.

And she's gone.....

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

sidney;1415722 wrote: can anyone come to chat..I need help. Sid
              Hi Sid, I can do chat now

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

Looked at chat and nobody seems to be there.

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

No, she's gone.

I'm heading off now Sun. Good to see your mood.

:l

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

Doing a CanToo - posting in my future:H
                    Ran out of eggs and we planned to make a pecan pie - so ran to store at 5:30, and I found myslef wandering the AL aisle...I had a serious chat with myself (noone looked askew at me:H) - I had just thought about posting as to how proud I was enjoying today - so came home without the AL, so can still post!
                    I have been thinking and reading a lot about why last few days were so tough, and I am coming to the realisation that it was probably sugar - I have subsituted with sugar a lot more than I have ever had before, so I am slowly cutting it out, no gummies today and it seems that it might be working.
                    It is amazing how much we are able to learn on this site, yet another thing to be thankful for - well it is still really Thursday and Thanksgving Day!!
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

when i am out and about and feel hungry i grab a bag of nuts of any description ---they fill you up and give you protein and oils and no sugar rush which causes a crash 20 minutes later

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

Hi there everyone - its nighty-night here - well not quite - 9pm and still light outside!
                        How are you now Sunflower and Sid???
                        Don't even think about the few glasses or wine or spirits meaning less drinking in total than lite beer - all it means maybe is that you pee less and once you have that glass or two of wine - its too easy to give in to the "Beast" and permit yourself a few more cos you have been so good - and then - well - you know this anyway!

Sugar cravings - I find fruit is good - crunchy apples if they are available - sweet and they take a while to chew and give you something to bite into. Carrots are another (OK boring) option. One of the great things about being AL free for me is that my digestive system is much better and I can eat more fruit than when I was eating. I also chew a lot of sugar free gum (my solidarity with my mates who have given up smoking). And get that protein and slow release carbohydrates in your system to ease off the hunger pangs. Thats why nuts (like Kuya said) are good too.

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

treetops;1415790 wrote: Thats why nuts (like Kuya said) are good too.
                          Didn't see the word "said" there :H

Morning Treetops and thanks for kicking us off sometime yesterday. Find it hard to post on tomorrow's thread today so waited for it to catch up with me.

:welcome: Sid. Hope you found someone to chat with. Check back in ok?

Morning KY...I find myself looking for nuts as a snack where I never did that before. Healthy living must be a biproduct of AF life.

Morning CanToo...surprised you stop long enough to post. You're a great inspiration.

Morning SL...MWO sure keeps us accountable doesn't it! I have actually had those exact thoughts I like your "Doing a CanToo - posting in my future. I'll give it a try....morning all, I won the Lotto Max! (ok, we'll see what happens)

Morning SF...look at you jumping in to help the new one out! You're doing sooooo goooood. :goodjob:

Morning to all I didn't mention by name. Off to get my 2nd cuppa.
                          Still flying high :whee: from yesterday and loving every minute of it.
                          Have a great AF Friday all and all to come...PPQ

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

Good morning Abbers,

It's Black Friday here but I will not join the ranks of the crazy shoppers!
                            I can't stand crowed malls, crazed drivers, etc

Had a great day & dinner yesterday
                            My son showed up with a couple of beers for himself & that's fine - no one else was drinking.
                            I have tons of leftovers so I'm in good shape for the next few days.

I hope Sid is OK.
                            The coffee is good so I think i'll go get some more.
                            Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

Good morning everyone! I am hoping that everyone had a wonderful AF Thanksgiving yesterday. THis has been my first Thanksgiving that I have been sober in 20 years....yikes! But I am proud to say that I am 124 days AF!!!!!!!! I started out the day taking a nice trail ride on my horse and then doing some baking. My daughter came home from college with her boyfriend so I have been totally enjoying the 2 of them. We then headed to my parents house and proceeded to eat, eat EAT! Ha!

I agree with Lav....I am staying close to home today...I don't participate in the black friday craze....but for those of you that do stay safe an don't go too nuts! Ha!
                              AB Club Member
                              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Working...
                              X