af day Friday 23 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Friday 23 Nov

That sounds like a blissfully happy day Destiney.

CT
    AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

It is possible!

I would've never dreamed that I would be surrounded by all my former drinks of choice and have NO desire to drink or get drunk. But....there were bottles and bottles and bottles around me and I felt.....nothing! Last time around at Thanksgiving, I was about 4 months AF, and I gotta tell you...I felt a twinge of longing. So....this year marked some great personal progress. And I actually DO feel something. I feel happy and relieved and proud, even.

Dest...good to see you! It's a thrill to hear you've got 124 days! Your success helps all the rest of us, too. Keep racking up those FIRSTS....they are powerful....and delightful!

I was able to catch Sid on chat for a bit last night. As many of you know, her husband has been sick and his situation isn't good. She could use some support and comfort from her friends here.

Hugs to all you marvelous peeps....
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

Where's Mick? Is he still on holiday?
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

No Black Friday for me either, with you both Dest and Lav - cannot understand the attraction at all - good day to stay put! The girls and I found a bad thing thou - we found a Ghirardelli factory shop not too far away from us so went down to discover and had ice cream with hot chocolate sauce - so much for cutting back on sweets! I did not buy any chocolate thou, even thou it was factory price!!
          So happy to wake up without a hangover on the day after Thanksgiving, what a blessing!
          Off to a local Christmas craft faire in the foothills tomorrow, the weather is gorgeous, the foliage will be wonderful - really looking forward to it....hope everyone is having a great day:l:l
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

congratulations

Turnagain;1416054 wrote: It is possible!

I would've never dreamed that I would be surrounded by all my former drinks of choice and have NO desire to drink or get drunk. But....there were bottles and bottles and bottles around me and I felt.....nothing! Last time around at Thanksgiving, I was about 4 months AF, and I gotta tell you...I felt a twinge of longing. So....this year marked some great personal progress. And I actually DO feel something. I feel happy and relieved and proud, even.

Dest...good to see you! It's a thrill to hear you've got 124 days! Your success helps all the rest of us, too. Keep racking up those FIRSTS....they are powerful....and delightful!

I was able to catch Sid on chat for a bit last night. As many of you know, her husband has been sick and his situation isn't good. She could use some support and comfort from her friends here.

Hugs to all you marvelous peeps....
            So happy to hear your story. Thanks for sharing

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

scottish lass;1416149 wrote: No Black Friday for me either, with you both Dest and Lav - cannot understand the attraction at all - good day to stay put! The girls and I found a bad thing thou - we found a Ghirardelli factory shop not too far away from us so went down to discover and had ice cream with hot chocolate sauce - so much for cutting back on sweets! I did not buy any chocolate thou, even thou it was factory price!!
              So happy to wake up without a hangover on the day after Thanksgiving, what a blessing!
              Off to a local Christmas craft faire in the foothills tomorrow, the weather is gorgeous, the foliage will be wonderful - really looking forward to it....hope everyone is having a great day:l:l
              SL .... So glad you had and are having a great time. Your confidence has soared, Hun. I am often struck how a simple few words can change one's world. Two months ago I was ready to leave MWO, I don't know how things might have gone if I had.
              A two sentence PM from someone here changed my mind, and probably my life.

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

kuya;1416158 wrote: A two sentence PM from someone here changed my mind, and probably my life.
                Kuya, MWO is for sure a life line - I am so glad you did not leave, I will always be grateful for your support last weekend - there have been a few moments by my "friends" here that have totally made it possible for me to be at 26 days, and happy to be here too which is even more amazing!

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

I keep meaning to ask SL ...... Have you told your daughters you have quit?

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

KY, not totally - they know life is better, but I don't think they really understand how much I drank or the implications - they have noticed the green dots on the calendar, and they know that I am not drinking wine so often, and drinking other things instead - they get a lot of discussion at school about drings and alcohol, but I don't want them to get the idea that social drinking is a bad thing, they are around it a lot and a lot of friends and family drink, so trying to find a good balance...

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

scottish lass;1416173 wrote: KY, not totally - they know life is better, but I don't think they really understand how much I drank or the implications - they have noticed the green dots on the calendar, and they know that I am not drinking wine so often, and drinking other things instead - they get a lot of discussion at school about drings and alcohol, but I don't want them to get the idea that social drinking is a bad thing, they are around it a lot and a lot of friends and family drink, so trying to find a good balance...
                      It is a hard one SL. My daughter is 13 ( going on 30!) and is more than aware of the difference in me not drinking. I have been clear to her that I have this problem but it not her responsibility. She would, however, be very upset if I drank which makes me think thrice when those thoughts come in.

It is hard to know the correct path but don't want her to be 20 and I am a sad old lush she is ashamed of.
                      I think kids know a lot more than you may think, but they are good at keeping things unspoken which I fear may make it scarier.

Personally I think social drinking is a crock of lies and I hope she never falls for it and suffers

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

Destiniey;1415955 wrote: Good morning everyone! I am hoping that everyone had a wonderful AF Thanksgiving yesterday. THis has been my first Thanksgiving that I have been sober in 20 years....yikes! But I am proud to say that I am 124 days AF!!!!!!!! I started out the day taking a nice trail ride on my horse and then doing some baking. My daughter came home from college with her boyfriend so I have been totally enjoying the 2 of them. We then headed to my parents house and proceeded to eat, eat EAT! Ha!

I agree with Lav....I am staying close to home today...I don't participate in the black friday craze....but for those of you that do stay safe an don't go too nuts! Ha!
                        Destiniey ......I am so rude ......hi and great to see you.....you are doing so well and I would love to know what has made this quit stick for you. It is always nice to hear tips from those ahead. I have just found my energy levels lifting a little after twelve weeks of being exhausted. Actually did some housework today!

Comment

af day Friday 23 Nov

well done Destiniey

Just picking my way through last week ...well done on 124 days dest :goodjob::l
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                          X