af day Saturday 24 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Saturday 24 Nov

Morning all - just kicking this off before I head out to the market. Hope all is well for everyone especially those who urgently needed to chat yesterday.
    I am so glad to be starting the weekend without having any alcohol last night.

Sweet dreams - those who are upside down - ie on the other side of the world!

af day Saturday 24 Nov

Good Morning Tree. Have a great day!

I'm killing an hour before meeting up with the Personal Trainer.

KY - Any plans for the weekend?

Sun - Thanks for looking for Sidney. She slipped away before I could get anyone's attention.

SL - Muhahaha we're keeping an eye on you. I like how you took responsibility.

PPQ - Happy weekend (when you get here)

Lav - You know the Black Friday sale thing is a scam? Much safer to stay home for your bank account too.

Destiniey - How are you feeling today?

Hmm, kind of liking jumping into the future but must get back to my present. Off to workout.

See you tomorrow.

CT
    AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Saturday 24 Nov

Oh dear, I had a bit of a craving an hour ago - day has been so good and relaxed - but my 'Beast' suggested some 'nice' wine would make the day really relaxing and be perfect while I prepared the yummy food I bought today for dinner. I suspect I have drunk too much caffeine today which hyped me up. Talked to my partner about wanting to drink and that helped. Of course the day would have been ruined if I drank - even if I remained in 'control' because my partner and daughter would have been hurt and I would hate myself and be really disappointed in myself.
      I feel OK now.

Comment

af day Saturday 24 Nov

treetops;1416202 wrote: Oh dear, I had a bit of a craving an hour ago - day has been so good and relaxed - but my 'Beast' suggested some 'nice' wine would make the day really relaxing and be perfect while I prepared the yummy food I bought today for dinner. I suspect I have drunk too much caffeine today which hyped me up. Talked to my partner about wanting to drink and that helped. Of course the day would have been ruined if I drank - even if I remained in 'control' because my partner and daughter would have been hurt and I would hate myself and be really disappointed in myself.
        I feel OK now.
        Ditto ALL of the above........ Mine caused by excessive housework and caffeine and no food..... So where is my reward said my demon ....... My own fault though......trying to be superwoman again!!!!!!!

Comment

af day Saturday 24 Nov

Cantoo...... Maybe BBQ tomorrow but really just getting over sore throat. Got more energy today though, been taking extra minerals as read VERY interesting article which I will post when I have worked out how! :H

Comment

af day Saturday 24 Nov

Good morning Abbers,

I see two thread floating around here

Cold & windy here in these parts today! It was way too nice yesterday with temps near 60 degrees :H

Ignoring those drinking thoughts is how I've gotten 3 years & 8 months of sobriety under my belt! I really think the Hypno CDs helped me a lot in the beginning - glad I used them

I have all kinds of things to do today to keep me out of trouble - yay!
            Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Saturday 24 Nov

Good morning, everyone.

Something went "clink" for me today after reading the posts - need to watch my caffeine intake as a trigger for drinking thoughts. I learn from you guys all the time. Thank you.

My son and I had a really great day yesterday. It was 67 degrees here, so we went to the beach. Built a sand castle, he played in the waves, and I took a rest while listening to the ocean. Ah.

Kuya, I hope your cold gets better soon.

Cantoo, I'm going to a kickboxing class morning. Now when I think about exercise, I think about you! Thanks for being an inspiration.

Hi Lav, Sun, Treetops, hope you all have a wonderful day, whatever "day" it is for you.

Cat
              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Saturday 24 Nov

Cat - that sounds like a great workout. I hope you like it.

KY - hope you feel better soon, spring / summer colds suck. Enjoy your weekend.

Tree - You Can Do It. Like Lav said, keep fighting through it.

I too am seeing double threads..... I'm not losing it am I

Just a 5km run this morning (I love the frosty mornings - it's so quiet in the river valley). And tomorrow morning's workout seems to have fallen apart again, but will get a hike done in the afternoon.

K, kid needs a ride to work.

Later.

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

Comment

af day Saturday 24 Nov

Back. Now I'm off to see what tomorrow brings

Comment

af day Saturday 24 Nov

Hey Cantoo.....have added that article to my signature as it is a concise summary of a number of pertinent facts

Comment

af day Saturday 24 Nov

KY - you need to post that in the nest. I've just started reading but so far it's helping me understand what was going on with my body those first few weeks.

Comment

af day Saturday 24 Nov

CanToo;1416531 wrote: KY - you need to post that in the nest. I've just started reading but so far it's helping me understand what was going on with my body those first few weeks.
                        It is very succinct and I was wierded cos it drew together so many aspects that I have gleaned from different reading.

The AA stuff made me cringe BUT 90% is on the nose IMO

Comment

af day Saturday 24 Nov

Quick check in - hope this is the right thread, two for today and tomorrows is up too - just don't want it to be Sunday yet...Had a wonderful day, went to a Christmas Festival in the foot hills, wonderful sunny day and beautiful colours. It is also "small business day" so did my bit and bought a handwoven Native Ametican rug for my hearth - the three of us chose together! Avoided the mulled wine and hot spiced cider and had a lovely day - turkey sandwiches for supper....
                          see you tomorrow...
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Saturday 24 Nov

Sounds like a nice day SL

Comment

Working...
                            X