X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Day Sat 24th Nov

Wow how amazing it feels to wake up AF - Day 6 and feeling strong

AF Day Sat 24th Nov

Still Friday here....posting on these threads....makes feel like I just gotten 12 hours of extra sleep.

Kuya....my kids were very aware of my drinking.....especially since I did most if it at home. We were watching a TV show a few weeks ago and drinking came up.....and both said...."there is no way we are doing that.....we saw what it did to you....and we have better things to do with our time." It broke my heart, but if they learned something from my mistake so be it.

I can never down social drinkers. For most...its not about "knowing" when to stop.....but, with just a few toxins in them....they just simply don't want anymore. Hard sometimes for me understand....but, most people are like this. I have also realized that most people (around me) do not drink, because they simply do not like the feeling AL gives them.

I feel like I am in a process of unlearning....because I do miss it at times.

Comment

AF Day Sat 24th Nov

We now have TWO Saturday threads ....... Oh well, will post on both!

It is difficult Sun, my daughter will probably not smoke as it is now out of fashion but I disagree re 'normal' drinkers. The number of people who have confided that socially they drank respectably then went home and binged. I think it is a HUGE problem.

I hope my daughter's self esteem remains high enough to put her off the need for a drug induced high......only time will tell?

My eldest son is now almost teetotal and seeing the effects on himself and the difficulty I have had he told me yesterday he has no plans to drink in the future...... He never drank regularly but had my genetic capacity when he did drink , a bottle of vodka did not even give him a hangover! He is 32

My middle son is 23and heading for big problems, low self esteem, overweight, unemployed a heavy pot smoker and a binge drinker with a circle of friends all the same. I am hoping my sobriety will help him .......we shall see.

SUN I have found a good link, given below, for summarizing the nutritional pitfalls of alcohol but with regard to our discussions on social drinking I just noted the statement he made about the worldwide disaster of alcoholism. It may be melodramatic but I honestly think it ties in with the appallingly high sugar diets we now eat. And it will only get worse.

Comment

AF Day Sat 24th Nov

KY............Well done on a thousand posts...mind you who said you couldnt talk??:H:H
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Day Sat 24th Nov

Mick;1417598 wrote: KY............Well done on a thousand posts...mind you who said you couldnt talk??:H:H
          Yeah ..... But I spread em out, you do 'war and peace' daily! :H

And we love you for it!

Comment

Working...
          X