AF day Sunday 25 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Sunday 25 Nov

I have just had the shittiest day ever....

Went to my home group aa meeting this morning and it was the worst meeting I've ever been too and I've never been to a bad aa meeting.

One of the members brought her 3 year old daughter who could not sit still and really took away from the people who were sharing. The mom did nothing to curtail her!

Then a 16yr old went on and on about something irrelavent and all she could do was giggle in this high pitched voice...I swear she was high!

By the time I left the meeting I felt like heading directly to the liquor store!!!

I was so frustrated that I didn't trust myself to just pick up grocery's so I came directly home.

I have calmed down a lot, went out and got the grocery's but boy I haven't felt that way for a long time.

It's still kinda sitting here eating at me so I thought I'd hand it all over to you guys...feeling better already...thanks...PPQ

Comment

AF day Sunday 25 Nov

PPQ- sweetie, you are in control (unlike them). You are too smart to give them the power over whether you drink or not!
      AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

AF day Sunday 25 Nov

Thanks CanToo...just had to vent.

Chicken Wings and Salad watching the Grey Cup...feeling much better now...PPQ

Comment

AF day Sunday 25 Nov

porqoui;1417015 wrote: I have just had the shittiest day ever....

Went to my home group aa meeting this morning and it was the worst meeting I've ever been too and I've never been to a bad aa meeting.

One of the members brought her 3 year old daughter who could not sit still and really took away from the people who were sharing. The mom did nothing to curtail her!

Then a 16yr old went on and on about something irrelavent and all she could do was giggle in this high pitched voice...I swear she was high!

By the time I left the meeting I felt like heading directly to the liquor store!!!

I was so frustrated that I didn't trust myself to just
          pick up grocery's so I came directly home.

I have calmed down a lot, went out and got the grocery's but boy I haven't felt that way for a long time.

It's still kinda sitting here eating at me so I thought I'd hand it all over to you guys...feeling better already...thanks...PPQ
          My thoughts on this...... Unmet needs as a child, parents always too busy or absent emotionally ......... Just a guess but strong emotions are always stuff dredged up from childhood. Try it on and see if it fits!

Comment

AF day Sunday 25 Nov

porqoui;1417022 wrote: Thanks CanToo...just had to vent.

Chicken Wings and Salad watching the Grey Cup...feeling much better now...PPQ
            Uh oh. I grew up in TO. Gooooo. ARGOS!

P.S. glad you had this place to vent.....

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

Comment

AF day Sunday 25 Nov

kuya;1417023 wrote: My thoughts on this...... Unmet needs as a child, parents always too busy or absent emotionally ......... Just a guess but strong emotions are always stuff dredged up from childhood. Try it on and see if it fits!
              Whole slew of childhood issues...don't get me started!

Comment

AF day Sunday 25 Nov

CanToo;1417031 wrote: Uh oh. I grew up in TO. Gooooo. ARGOS!

P.S. glad you had this place to vent.....

Early condolences CanToo...:HPPQ

Comment

AF day Sunday 25 Nov

uch:

Comment

AF day Sunday 25 Nov

porqoui;1417033 wrote: Whole slew of childhood issues...don't get me started!
                    I keep wanting to start a thread on that subject.....would be easier to ask who here DID NOT have crappy childhoods. I don't think there would be many replies

Comment

AF day Sunday 25 Nov

kuya;1417050 wrote: I keep wanting to start a thread on that subject.....would be easier to ask who here DID NOT have crappy childhoods. I don't think there would be many replies
                      I think I would have to agree....PPQ

Comment

AF day Sunday 25 Nov

Don't tell CanToo...but her team is winning :upset:

Comment

AF day Sunday 25 Nov

:yougo:

Comment

Working...
                          X