af day Mon 26 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Mon 26 Nov

Hi all, just a quick fly by here. Dunno how I managed to stay sober with someone (if not everyone) drinking around me the whole time, but I did. Whew! I kinda had to turn on the autopilot with "drinking is not an option" repeated to myself frequently throughout the day. Iwill say that I do feel good for not caving in.

I'm completely pooped after driving home today and heading into work right away, so I won't address everyone individually, but I am thinking of you and glad to return to you after the holiday.

I do want to send hugs, Deter. I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend and Dx being miffed about something. I'm sure you would much rather have a little TLC at this point.

I'll be back on as usual tomorrow!

Hugs to all,
    :l
    YahYah
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Mon 26 Nov

Hi Mick, did you have a goodun? Got your piccies ready for a squizz?

Treetops has been starting the thread and folks had a taste of my confusion, being in tomorrow today...... Poor wee souls! :H:H

I was merrily posting on two......meant I could talk twice as much BS! YAY

Hi YAH......we seemed to have failed to launch......will PM you

Comment

af day Mon 26 Nov

Mick;1417482 wrote: ppq...........thanks great to see you too...100 days...wow thats great well done you..so youve moved out and gone over to the Irish contingent?
        This will always be home....PPQ

Comment

af day Mon 26 Nov

Det...I also want to send :l's

Comment

af day Mon 26 Nov

Good evening all,

So sorry about your friend Det. A sudden accidental death affects so many left behind :l

Welcome home Mick & YahYah, missed you both.

PQ, are we starting to stink or something?
            Hope you stick around with us.

Greetings Kuya, SL, Cat & anyone I missed. Hope everyone had a great day!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Mon 26 Nov

Det - so very sorry, that is sad. It is always bad, but at this time of year leaving a family is so poignant. Sorry about Dx - it would be a good time for comfort, not the guest room :l:l.
              Mick - welcome back.
              PPQ - why the army thread???? Will you still give out P's here???
              YAH - good to see you - tough going straight to work from a drive!
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Mon 26 Nov

Det - :l

KY - ......

Mike - helloooo

Quick post from the phone. A serious topic that I have no experience with..

Will try to post a picture from tonight's hike. :-)
                AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Mon 26 Nov

Holly Hanna that's big!
                  AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Mon 26 Nov

CanToo;1417549 wrote:

Holly Hanna that's big!
                    As the actress said to the bishop!

Comment

af day Mon 26 Nov

I can't say much on the eating disorder. I do know that I got down to 104 pounds, which is way to low for my frame....I looked sick. It was a job away from home when I was 17....long hours....and just too tired to eat (not like they gave us time to eat). I would eat a can of green beans and go to bed at the end of the day. My mom nearly fainted when I came home from that job. And I can honestly say....I never want to be 104 pounds again.

Porq....you mentioned a "bad meeting". I have been in those. I learned to recognize them....look at my phone and kindly excused myself. They were never good for me as I did usually head directly to the beer store.....but, I have heard it said that God is teaching you something in those meetings....patience or whatever it may be. Personally, I think it is great that you learned you could go to a "bad" meeting....and survive.

Because we all have bad moments (hours/days) in life.....and somehow we learn to live them sober.

Comment

Working...
                      X