X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Fri 7 Dec

Ky......was wondrin where you were..SM............hmmmm beats me :H:H

Lav ta muchly glad to be in the oldies gang
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

Aloha Friday ABerooooooos!

Treetops, when it comes to functions, they are certainly healthier AF vs drunk but I tell ya, they are desperately boring for sure! in fact I'm pretty much anti-social now which I spose isn't terribly healthy, but when it comes to night life I'll just give it a pass.

Mick, right you are: yep was listening to some political speak the other day...about economy recovery and how it was slow but successful ,and how they reworked the short term strategy for the next 2 years...what was omitted was the fact that the last one was miles out..al that was missing was the prince kissed the frog and it turned into a beautiful princess!!!!

when it comes to politics , all is illusion. just like the headlines today about the unemployment number coming down slightly. when you read a bit further in the fine print you see why: 350,000 people gave up and dropped out of the jobs market entirely. I'm afraid 2013 is going to be very rough folks. a good time to be AF and strong for sure. and another good reason to grow your own veggies and herbs!

I encourage everyone to try and get a little (or a lot) of exercise this weekend. your body and mind will rejoice!

I'm off hiking with AF friends in the morn.

be well peeps
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

. Way to go Mick. I'll take a picture of My Hippo. He's adorable ( and he feels soooo good)

PPQ - it's getting colder up here. -16 and the running partner wants to go out in the morning 'wind chill or no wind chill. Just dress for it" is what she said. :upset:

TT - are you home safe and sound now? How'd you do with the toasts?

TDN - rant away, if it keeps you AF!

Well another work free Friday and I'm exhausted again. First 90 minute yoga class this morning followed by the gym session. I had no clue you could sweat in yoga. Will try again next week, might be good for me.

Have a good weekend everyone.
        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

:hallo: Det. Have an amazing day tomorrow!

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

We need a cranky thread.
            ~n
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

Will this one work Nurdl?

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/a-85-42370.html

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

naw... it's more the weepy, sad, kinda thing. I dont want to be an alcoholic : (
                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

Oh Nurdl. But as a non-drinker you're going to have a healthier and yes happier life.

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

I know but I'm tired of thinking about drinking and not drinking and vitamin supplements. I don't want to be an alcoholic... sigh. I have a crying headache.

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

Nurdl, please know that the constant thinking about IT will pass. You need to do something else. Anything else

Walk, bath, sleep, eat, read 50 Shades of Grey.....

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

Just have a cry, then sleep.

Nurdl ...... Being an alcoholic is not that bad.

You could be

Blind
                        Paralysed by an accident
                        HIV positive
                        Brain damaged
                        Grieving a death ( well you are kind of ...so go with that one)
                        STILL DRINKING
                        lost your home in a cyclone
                        Poor
                        Alone

In fact you could be all of these things AND an alcoholic.........start getting grateful and the world changes ....... Honest :l

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

Nurdl,
                          Go visit my gratitude place.......
                          The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies

Lots of great stuff to read there to get you into feeling grateful & not deprived
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

nurdl;1423536 wrote: I know but I'm tired of thinking about drinking and not drinking and vitamin supplements. I don't want to be an alcoholic... sigh. I have a crying headache.

Hi Nurdl

Wondered what was going on...hadn't seen you posting just lurking lately.

Have to say I was exactly the same way when I hit my first 90 days AF.
                            Three months is alot of time and alot of changes are taking place.
                            And where's the big Ah Hah Moment! I did it! Life is wonderful!
                            Didn't happen, just felt sick and tired of always thinking about AL.
                            You are not alone! Like CanToo said...IT too shall pass.

I read this on a thread somewhere and it really hit home with me. Hope it helps.

Stop being who you were, and change into who you are.

Sending positive P's your way...:angel: "P P" :angel:

:l PPQ

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

Comment

af day Fri 7 Dec

Well looks like I will be posting more than ever. I opened the devil's gate with the wine.

Last night I went to bed (sober)....but, I could not sleep for the life of me. Solution...have some wine. It should have been out of the house, but it wasn't. It now is out of the house.

Wine for me is very bad thing. Short story....when I woke up today my teeth were numb.....I was a little scared I was still over the limit to drive. I went in late to get some of it out my system....met with a huge client of mine.....and ended up having an very bad panic attack right in the middle of the meeting. I knew it was AL withdrawal......but, honestly.....I felt like I was going to pass out, die or have seizure. Somehow I pulled it off....but, it scared the shit out of me.

One night of wine....got me hooked again. I freaking have not had any in 8 years....and it hooked me so quickly. Yes, I had some consequences from the first night back on it.....but, I liked it for reasons I will not go into. So I rationalized it away.

I did this. There is no one to blame but myself. I take full responsibility. I do not believe it is a disease.....rather I have to own my own mistakes. I knew better.

AL is still whirling around my head. Kinda sick right now...want AL....but, then I just get to be sick again tomorrow. And there is no way I ever want to experience that panic attack again.

I guess I went into this the last time....with the fleeting thought I could drink again. Just maybe I could be one of those people who hold a drink for two hours. I knew better....and did it anyways. I am now HARDCORE abs for me. What the rest of the world does is none of my business.

Part of me just wants to kick my own ass (but I don't have the energy)....and I understand that I brought this upon myself. I am grateful for the consequences I had...they are life changing.....but, I don't have to go to court or lose my job For that I am thankful.

I know that people have had much worse. My pain limit is low....and this was enough.

I am going to see a therapist. And I am going to head back to meetings for the support.

I just needed to unload. Feel like crap....and still can't sleep. Wine will not be my solution. I am glad it is the weekend...I am glad to be sober this weekend. But, I know I will need all you guys support for the next few weeks to stay that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X