• Show
Clear All

af day Mon 10 Dec

oy! crazy un-hung Monday here. zoom zoom
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Mon 10 Dec

Hello all - morning, noon, night and tomorrow!

PPQ, thank you for the humor. I'm going to have a folder full of your posts! It will be like a talisman at work.

Welcome, Questy. I love the avatar, too. Lots of support and clarity of goals on this thread - hope it helps.

Cantoo and PPQ, you guys have seriously cold weather. I am really grateful for our mild winters. My field is climate change, and we do read a lot about saying goodbye to snowy winters in the Sierras. Det, how is the snowfall so far up there?

Nurdl, is your angst lifting? You are doing so well - do you have a sense what led to it? I wonder as I'm about a month behind you. I have had some very tough weeks, but am coasting at the moment.

Hi Mick, TT, Kuya, SF, SL, Lav and all the peeps. Hope your week is off to a great start, and that you are bringing the year to a peaceful close.

Cat
      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Mon 10 Dec

Garlic up!

Serbian villagers stock up on garlic in fear of Vampire rumor | Fox News
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Mon 10 Dec

Just checking in. Overwhelming day...packed with panic attacks. I know the drinking did not help matters....but, I think the onslaught of panic attacks was coming anyways. Managed to not give in to al...but, I am tired as all hell.

Bet, when I lay me down to sleep....staring at the ceiling will ensue.

Comment

af day Mon 10 Dec

Just lost my whole post again:upset: I see that it must be the "end" button I hit.

Anyay, too tired to repost my horrible day due to the incompetent parole officer. Will do that tomorrow a.m.

SF, I hope your appt with the therapist is tomorrow. A whole day of panic attacks is truly awful.
            "One day at a time."

Comment

af day Mon 10 Dec

Sunflower, just as a thought you may want to see a 'functional medicine' practitioner for some blood work. There may be an underlying reason for your anxiety such as elevated cortisol.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Mon 10 Dec

Cat. I really couldn't tell you. All of a sudden I'm in a different place. The weather isn't helping either. It's been dreary and rainy for days. Tonight I'm headachey, grumpy, I feel pressured. If I'm asked to do one more thing today I'm going to lose it. Sounds like I need some sleep so I'm going to go with that. I'll let you know if I figure it out though. Keep going girl.
                ~n
                :notes:
                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Mon 10 Dec

Ah, dreary and rainy days will make you sad and irritable. I get weepy too; that type of weather is tough for me. I love London, but boy couldn't live there. I hope the weather gets better soon; you guys have had a lot of wet.

I'm staying the course, but recognize how we need new coping skills, and depression is a big one for me. I was having a huge craving tonight, and I realized I wanted to cry because I was so tired. There you go!

SF, I had two panic attacks today, too (a rarity for me). They come on when I am overwhelmed. Is that the trigger for you? Can you do anything to reduce whatever stressor is present for you? I called our lawyer and politely demanded more support for our closing, and got it. It was better than coming home to drink.

TDN, you are in a terrible spot. I am appalled that the officer is treating you that way, and getting away with it. Did you reach her supervisor? You are probably not the first person she has mistreated, and the supervisor may be glad to add to her personnel file.

Nodding off. Man, taking that sugar out of my day leaves me ready for bed by 8:30.

Cat
                  "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X