Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 17th

Good Monday evening, all!

Well, made it through the court and got my probation taken off. Train yesterday in snow/sleet and my sister picked me up. Had a nice dinner with her, my niece, and the nanny/assistant. Sister dropped me off at 7:45 this a.m. so I had to go to a coffee shop and wait for about a half hour. Filled out the forms, got help from a very nice woman in the probation office, and was told that my (useless) probation officer would be in around 9:30. I sat in the court room for a half hour, with some lawyers and police officers. Then others started coming in, and the session began at 9:00. Very nice lady judge. This as my fourth time at this court, counting the morning I as brought in from the police station, where I had to spend the night. I am not bragging or exaggerating when I say that I was the only professionally dressed person among the cases. Some people never showed up, some came and their attorneys were late, some had done some very nasty things. Several multiple DUIs who still drove and got caught again. Some with DUI and drugs. Finally called my name, but then we had to ait for the probation officer to come in. Luckily she simply said that I had completed all of my requirements and there was no reason for me to remain on probation. Judge--who spoke kindly to everyone--thanked me for being so diligent in taking care of my requirements, and for coming in so early from such a distance! Now, she doesn't know about the second DUI, and I do thank the probation officer for not following up on that. When I left the court, I knew I would never again go back there! Anyway, I have what I hope is the paper work I need for the DMV--which means another 4 hr round trip tomorrow. But this time Mr TDN will drive me. Just have to show up and ait for a hearings officer, and then pay the $500 fine. In this state it is $100, but every state is different, I guess.

My sister drank about a bottle of wine last night,which has been her pattern for a long time. A glass before e left, a glass at the restaurant, and then half a bottle after we got back and she had work to finish. She also smokes at night--had quit a long time ago, then had breast cancer five years ago, and started the smoking not long after. Go figure! The nanny had a glass of wine at dinner, then another as she was reading in bed. I was very nervous about being around them, but I had no desire to drink! None. I am so grateful for that. I looked at the half empty wine bottle this a.m. and just didn't feel anything. In the past, I would have poured a glass right then or poured some into a water bottle.

I was able to get a train into the city, then a bus to take me up here, an hour from home, and Mr TDN picked me up--again, in bad weather.

Now drinking some soothing tea and still a little surprised by not wanting a drink. May it stay that way!

Det and SL, I know only too well the slipping back and feeling like it is almost inevitable. I also know that you have both gotten plenty of AF time, and can do it again. It is hard to get through something major without drinking, only to slip afterwards. I think the big things subconciously affect us, even though we seem to be coping, and then we drink. It was like that for me. Thank God we have this place to come to for support--and acceptance.

See everyone in the morning

Oh, Mick-- I chose ThreeDogNight because I had three dogs and they used to all sleep in the bed with us. Now we only have to, and only one sleeps in the bed, but I still keep the name.
    "One day at a time."

Comment

Monday 17th

CanToo...I'm looking for you...

:sofa:

Did you hear the news?

There's going to be a "Tour de Alberta" next year.

It starts in Edmonton and finishes in Calgary.

Do you bike? You do everything else....:H

Comment

Monday 17th

Good Monday evening, all!

Well, made it through the court and got my probation taken off. Train yesterday in snow/sleet and my sister picked me up. Had a nice dinner with her, my niece, and the nanny/assistant. Sister dropped me off at 7:45 this a.m. so I had to go to a coffee shop and wait for about a half hour. Filled out the forms, got help from a very nice woman in the probation office, and was told that my (useless) probation officer would be in around 9:30. I sat in the court room for a half hour, with some lawyers and police officers. Then others started coming in, and the session began at 9:00. Very nice lady judge. This as my fourth time at this court, counting the morning I as brought in from the police station, where I had to spend the night. I am not bragging or exaggerating when I say that I was the only professionally dressed person among the cases. Some people never showed up, some came and their attorneys were late, some had done some very nasty things. Several multiple DUIs who still drove and got caught again. Some with DUI and drugs. Finally called my name, but then we had to ait for the probation officer to come in. Luckily she simply said that I had completed all of my requirements and there was no reason for me to remain on probation. Judge--who spoke kindly to everyone--thanked me for being so diligent in taking care of my requirements, and for coming in so early from such a distance! Now, she doesn't know about the second DUI, and I do thank the probation officer for not following up on that. When I left the court, I knew I would never again go back there! Anyway, I have what I hope is the paper work I need for the DMV--which means another 4 hr round trip tomorrow. But this time Mr TDN will drive me. Just have to show up and ait for a hearings officer, and then pay the $500 fine. In this state it is $100, but every state is different, I guess.

My sister drank about a bottle of wine last night,which has been her pattern for a long time. A glass before e left, a glass at the restaurant, and then half a bottle after we got back and she had work to finish. She also smokes at night--had quit a long time ago, then had breast cancer five years ago, and started the smoking not long after. Go figure! The nanny had a glass of wine at dinner, then another as she was reading in bed. I was very nervous about being around them, but I had no desire to drink! None. I am so grateful for that. I looked at the half empty wine bottle this a.m. and just didn't feel anything. In the past, I would have poured a glass right then or poured some into a water bottle.

I was able to get a train into the city, then a bus to take me up here, an hour from home, and Mr TDN picked me up--again, in bad weather.

Now drinking some soothing tea and still a little surprised by not wanting a drink. May it stay that way!

Det and SL, I know only too well the slipping back and feeling like it is almost inevitable. I also know that you have both gotten plenty of AF time, and can do it again. It is hard to get through something major without drinking, only to slip afterwards. I think the big things subconciously affect us, even though we seem to be coping, and then we drink. It was like that for me. Thank God we have this place to come to for support--and acceptance.

See everyone in the morning

Oh, Mick-- I chose ThreeDogNight because I had three dogs and they used to all sleep in the bed with us. Now we only have to, and only one sleeps in the bed, but I still keep the name.
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Monday 17th

Lol, PPQ it's for the professional riders I heard. But wouldn't that be fun?

Hi Mick and KY I'm alive and AF. But KY I dare you... :H
          AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Monday 17th

TDN - I'm so happy for you. Have a great night. :l
            AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Monday 17th

:yay: TDN :yay:

Congrats on .... well EVERYTHING!

Got through court with a positive outcome...

Got through the night without having your own glass...

Pleasantly surprised by not wanting a drink...

Plan in place for tomorrow...need sunglasses for that light at the end of the tunnel I think!

Home safe and sound....

:l PPQ

Comment

Monday 17th

Yahoo TDN - so very happy for you - it will be so very nice to get this behind you!
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Monday 17th

Here you go TDN...

Comment

Monday 17th

:hallo: SL

Hope all's going well with you....

Been following on other threads....

Have a good night...PPQ

Comment

Monday 17th

Hello to everyone out there on the thread....I post so late....I am tired and there is no way I can address everyone.

SL and Det....I understand. I am glad that that everyone on the site is on you side....rather than giving you bashing. I know for me...a bashing never worked.

Uggh...why did I let the demon of wine back in? Too scared to actually drink any.....but, I pass many wine shops on the way home. Everytime I pass one...I can actually "smell" the wine. But, my last pass on wine.....stops me in me in my tracks. I still have a lump on my cheek bone to remind me.

I am finding myself unsure of holidays. Not so much that I will drink.....but, the uneasiness that comes with wanting a drink and not being able to have one.

Comment

Monday 17th

TDN, so glad for the good news.

Sun, holidays are a bugger, dunno what else to add. Dx and I are having quiet holidays at home this year that will help greatly.

the special prize at the bottom of a bottle of booze is low testosterone. meaning no _______ to be had in the det household.

wishing you all very well
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Monday 17th

PPQ - am here and almost thru second day - thanks for the support.
                          SF - it is so great to be encouraged here - it works so much better for me, I feel a sense of remorse when I confess which is good for me.
                          Also feeling unsure about the holidays - we were just invited to a friends house for the day, luckily I will be driving. It will be good for the girls and I to be in a lot of company rather than feeling sorry for ourselves
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Monday 17th

Hi all,

Det, I'll come drag you onto the slopes with my nine year old, yes? Watcha doing with the beers? Come on, I'm rooting for you. You are clearly a strong man, and your anxiety is totally understandable if that's driving you. But I hope it's out of the house now.

SL, next year will be a massive crunch as we just delayed the purchase, rather than cancel. I'm focused on getting the financing round done, then taking my Christmas break. It means the world to my son that we are going to be with family. Me too, actually.

TDN, I am so glad your horrible saga is coming to an end. I lost my DL to a DUI for a time, too. It really made me see that driving is a priviledge, not a given right. I don't ever want to lose it again.

Mick, how many cute photos of bunnies do you have? I wish I could pet one of your bunnies. I miss my rabbit, Bob. He was a character! Now I've got this demanding little princess hiding in a dog coat. My son loves her to death, so she's staying, but she knows she runs on thin ice with me. Mostly this is driven by her desire to pee on my (formerly) nice carpets. My birthday present this year was a spot bot (portable pet mess cleaner).

How are you guys, PPQ, Cantoo, Kuya, Lav, SF, Nurdl? Everybody's asleep or going there. I'm off for a warm bath. One of the low thyroid symptoms is I'm cold all the time. And it's not even cold here, by everyone's standards who is reading this message.

Time to put the dog to bed, too. She just left the room and farted. Do you think she was embarrassed?

Cat
                            "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                            X