Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly AA Thread - Dec. 17 - Dec. 23

Everyone:

I hope all is well, & everyone isn't too stressed out. I've arranged the holidays so that I'm not overdoing the way I used to. That was a trigger for me. I used to drink to unwind & reward myself. My family is accepting of my limitations, & that's great. I do the majority of the cooking, but that is a pleasure instead of a burden. It's the shopping that gets to me, & I just didn't do it this year the way I've done it in the past.

We had our holiday AA potluck last night. It was wonderful, though subdued in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown, CT. We read How It Works which always gets me fired up for the steps.

Take care one & all.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Just lost my post! Mary, I have noticed that you've been alone here all week, so just wanted to pop by and say hello and Merry Christmas. I don't go to AA any more, but did for about five months and about five times a week when I came home from rehab about a year ago. The rehab was based on the Twelve Steps, too, and it was great. Got a lot from AA, but went back a couple of times this summer and fall, and the group just didn't feel right any more. I had relapsed in the early summer, getting a fe days here and there, then 22 in August, and am finally on day 31 and staying focused. Post on MwO every day, and read most of the threads, and that helps so much.

Your posts have always been very helpeful to me, and I am so glad that you were abel to come back after relapsing.

Have you heard from DG? I assume that she's just crazy busy with school, work and the holidays, but miss "seeing" her here.

Hope you have a great Christmas, Mary, and a wonderful New Year!

:lTDN
    "One day at a time."

Comment

tdn: I'm glad you're accumulating some sober time. I've found that I cannot stay sober wo/AA. I relapsed this past summer but have gotten on track again. I just completed a 90 meetings in (less than) 90 days. That helped me regain my committment, & I got to meetings I usually don't go to. Merry Christmas to you too. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Congratulations, Mary!! 90 in 90!! You'll be starting the New Year in such a good way. You are an important part of thei forum
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Happy holidays to all.
          I will be able to attend my home group meetings for a couple of weeks. That will be nice.
          Love and Peace,
          Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

i guess we petered out! i am here and still sober...81 days!
            happy holidays! here's to a sober new year.
            10-06-2012

Comment

Working...
            X