af day Thurs 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Thurs 20th

Morning all..well welcome to a wet and windy morning..pitch black here and blowing a gale..

Not long now then Christmas will be history!!!!..and then into the holiday season..

Right lets move on...tea, coffee and green tea on the go for anyone that is interested

Morning TDN...well is it an early start for you again today?Any more news on getting things sorted out?

Hiya kY...you ok? sound busy mate...yep ref the booze..different outlook this year eh? Save a few quid too!!!

Wow..this gets better...a Jock blonde in Australia....hmmm sure there is a joke in there somewhere!!!! how are you today?38 degrees on Christmas day?Sod being a snowman out there ...Quaffin??where are you getting all these words from?I am going into town today....hmm lets see how my goodwill does....or not!!

PPq...that is one dodgy looking Santa...aint sittin on his knee!!:H How are you? Is Feb 11 the grand finale day for it all?As for the cartoons... excellent thats what this is about isnt it..get as much as we can out of it

Mornin Catbuddy..aha the workin from home one eh?You ok?...remember one day at a time..you are doing great!

SL....talk about few words..you ok?

Mornin Det...the jitters will pass...is there anything you can do in the meantime that will help you concentrate and take your mind off them?..In fact you could start writing your vegas plan now!!

Pauly...well at least the weather has done you a favour if you dont want to go out and smoke..well done you ...keep it up ..wow what a new image not drinking or smoking...

Hiya Cantoo...nice avatar that is...oops take it someone is in trouble..no modem no more!!
    how are you doing?:l keep that chin up

Morning SF....how are you today? yep certainly wont do any harm to get a ct scan ..then you can see for yourself...also if it starts affecting your work then mebbe it should be sorted out sooner rather than later

YAH ..well done on day 3 of no smoking..takes time but you do eventually feel tons better so well done you...another angel in the making...no drink or ciggies :goodjob:

Morning Lav ...one giant cuppa for you this morn.....

Based around what you said, roughly did my own calcs on smoking and drinking...

Cigs....quit 10 years ago...smoked minimum 20 per day...average cost per pkt over the time 5.25
    ?19.173
    Alcohol...170 days average of 6.30 per day
    ?1,071

So I spent 20 grand on what?????

Oh well...right everyone offski..have a great day ..

Stick together for together we will beat alcohol forever :l

Two horses were walking back to the paddock after a days training. One says to the other "I can't understand why we are so slow, we come from good stock, we have the best of food, great trainers, and yet we come last in every race."

There was a dog running along side them who overheard and said "I know what your problem is. I have seen you race and it looks to me as if you race off at the start really fast and use up all your energy and then you have nothing left. What you should do is pace yourselves and when all the other horses are tuckered, put in a spurt and you're sure to win. What do you think of that?".

The horses looked at one another and said "WOW, a talking dog!"

A man walked into a curio shop and began to browse. He was attracted to a brass rat on a shelf behind the counter. He asked the shopkeeper for a price, and was told to make an offer. Presently they agreed on a price, and the brass rat changed hands. The shopkeeper warned the customer as he took the money, "This sale is final. If you leave the shop with the brass rat, I won't take it back under any circumstances."
    The customer agreed and left with the rat. As he walked home, he noticed that a live rat came scurrying out of an alley and began to follow him. Soon there were more, all following him and milling bout his feet. The man began to run, but the rats kept up, and more joined the procession. After a few minutes, thousands of rats were chasing after the man. The man ran frantically for the river, and threw the brass rat into the water. The live rats followed the brass rat, and soon all had drowned. The man returned to the curio shop, and on seeing him enter, the shopkeeper shouted, "I told you, the sale was final! You cannot return the brass rat!" The customer replied, "That's no problem. I just wondered if you had a brass lawyer in stock."

What's black and brown and looks good on a lawyer?
    A doberman pinscher.

After a few days, the Lord called to Adam and said, "It is time for you and Eve to begin the process of populating the earth so I want you to kiss her."

Adam answered, "Yes Lord, but what is a kiss?" So the Lord gave a brief description to Adam who took Eve by the hand and took her to a nearby bush.

A few minutes later, Adam emerged and said, "Thank you Lord, that was enjoyable."

And the Lord replied, "Yes Adam, I thought you might enjoy that and now I'd like you to caress Eve."

And Adam said, " 'What is a 'caress'? So the Lord again gave Adam a brief description and Adam went behind the bush with Eve.

Quite a few minutes later, Adam returned, smiling, and said, "'Lord, that was even better than the kiss."

And the Lord said, "'You've done well Adam. And now I want you to make love to Eve."

And Adam asked, "What is 'make love' Lord?"' So the Lord again gave Adam directions and Adam went again to Eve behind the bush, but this time he reappeared in two seconds.

And Adam said, "Lord, what is a 'headache'?"

This elderly couple is watching one of those television preachers on TV one night. The preacher faces the camera, and announces, "My friends, I'd like to share my healing powers with everyone watching this program. Place one hand on top of your TV & the other hand on the part of your body which ails you and I will heal you."

The old woman has been having terrible stomach problems, so she places one hand on the television, and her other hand on her stomach. Meanwhile, her husband approaches the television, placing one hand on top of the TV and his other hand on his groin.

With a frown his wife says, "Ernest, he's talking about healing the sick, not raising the dead."

Save the whales. Collect the whole set.

A day without sunshine is like, night.

On the other hand, you have different fingers.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.

42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Remember half the people you know are below average.

Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?

Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

Borrow money from a pessimist - they don't expect it back.

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Thurs 20th

Missed it ...have a safe flight Catbuddy :wavin:
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Thurs 20th

Good morning, Mick and everyone.

Thanks for the jokes, Mick. And the coffee, of course! Quick check in, as I have to get into work early--Mr TDN is going to breakfast ith a friend, and they'll drop me off. And I am hoping to get a head start on making a little tree for a friend. Yesterday as carzy, and today will be just as crazy. Tomorrow and Saturday--nuts! I am tired just thinking about it Epsom salt foot soak didn't even haelp much.

Cat--wow! That many siblings and alcoholics! I know you'll get through it okay, as you are determined, and you probably will observe some not-so-nice behavior. You'll have to check in with us . Good luck!

Lav, hope you got some "you" time in yesterday Will look for a report from you. I doubled up on the Amoryn yesterday and may do that for a few days.

SL, Det--how are you both today?

SF, how about the dizzy spells? That doesn't sound good to me, but I'm sure you are keeping a good check on them.

PPQ--legal stuff--don't envy you, but you are handling the siblings' poor choices. Sad that our families can cause so much grief.

Can, KY, Blondie, RC and all--hope you have a good AF day!

TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

af day Thurs 20th

Hi to all

Very busy day, doctors dentist work kids massage shopping wheeeeeeeeeew........bed

Bloody knackered

Nice to check in each night and readjust my sanity thermometer......another busy day managed perfectly well sober.

Now if the bloody frogs would stop trying to get a shag outside my bedroom window I MIGHT get some sleep

Have a safe trip Cat.......sounds like a fun time! :H:H (sorry)
        Laters......

KY

Comment

af day Thurs 20th

Morning all. Why is the holiday season so exhausting? Holiday concert last night was a big success. We played to a full house. Good times. Today the family is headed into NYC to see The Rockette's Christmas Spectacular! woot! A stroll about the city to see the windows at Macy's, the tree at Rockefeller Center and to watch the city folks trying to stuff large packages into small taxis. Should be a good time.
          I was so knackered (as y'all like to say) after the concert last night. I was fantasizing about a cold G&T but a tall cold tonic with lime worked just as well so I'm pretty proud of being able to claim 107 days today and not day 1!
          Ok, I'm off like a prom dress. Laters peeps and thanks again for the great start this morning Mick!
          ~nurdl
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Thurs 20th

Good morning Abbers!

Mick, the $$ we save when we rid ourselves of these addictions is crazy!!!!
            My oldest grandson's arrival co-incided with my quits so he was spoiled with all my savings I am enjoying the coffee this morning.

TDN, don't work too hard today lady
            I think taking Amoryn 2X/day during these months of dark, sunless days is a good idea. I can get by on 1/day during the summer but winter always means SAD for me. I think being proactive is a great idea

Catbuddy, have fun in Texas!

Greetings Kuya & Nurdl!
            I almost booked a trip to NYC with a friend to go see the Christmas show but couldn't arrange animal care for a long, long day Hope you have a ball!!!

Just a bit of work for me this morning then it's time to bake some cookies - yum
            Have a great AF Thursday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Thurs 20th

:stomper: Just lost my entire post....computer froze....here we go again.

Morning Mick...thanks for the coffee and the kickoff...only problem is I'm laughing so much I can't drink. Yup Feb 11 will hopefully see the end of these shenanigins.

Safe travels CB...7 (alcoholic) siblings + 1 manic/depressive Ex here...we should co-author a book. :H

Morning TDN...busy is good, right? Just think of the gratitude you'll feel while making your wee tree for your friend. Feels good. Enjoy your day.

Sssh...hope you're sleeping KY. Just be glad they're not rabbits...could go at it all night. Is this what you're talking about?

Morning Nurdl..."I'm off like a prom dress"
              :H Enjoy the city.

Morning Lav...wouldn't it be great if we actually saved the money not spent on AL? The kids at the community centre have been baking ginger bread cookies all week...driving me crazy!

Kid's back from Micky D's so time to munch. Have a great AF Thursday all and all to come...PPQ

p.s. Have you heard?

Comment

af day Thurs 20th

:H PPQ - yer a blast.

I cannae get the image outta my heid of poor Kuya blowing smoke from her ears with the frolicking frogs fecking away. Rriiibbiittt....Rrriibbbbiiiittt.... Rrriiibbbiiitttttt.... Rrriiiibb - Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Cigarette?

And that's real shame about Santa down sizing. I'd just asked for an extra large pressie... suppose i wont be getting that this year. Maybe he could just send a blank cheque...

:hallo: abbers all. Hope you are well.

Comment

af day Thurs 20th

Hi All,

Thanks for the start off , Mick. That is a hell of a lot of money that you have saved there! Amazing, isn't it? By my calculations, I have already saved almost $1200.00 since stopping drinking. I should save around $4500.00/year by not smoking or drinking. That is a nice chunk of change! Thanks also for the coffee and the jokes. They bring a smile each morning.

Happy trails, Cat! I'm glad you have a good plan for the holidays with your family; and we are here if you need us......

Sounds like you are more than busy, TDN. Make sure to take good care of yourself and don't let yourself become hungry, angry, lonely or tired. I'm glad you are at least one step closer to getting your license back.

Kuya, you always make me laugh! I'm glad you can adjust your sanity meter each night while listening to the mournful love croaks of frogs. Keep up the good work.

Congrats on 107 days, nurdl. They really do start racking up, don't they? The good news is that every time you have a tonic when others are drinking, you put another brick in your AF wall and get stronger.

Sorry you can't get in for a day in the City, Lav. Do they have some good stuff going on in Philly? I know they don't have the Rockettes, but they must have other good stuff. If I was closer, you know I would come sit for Stella and the girls for a day!

I'm feeling stressed about the tenant in my house in PA. My rental agent does not rank high in the skills of communication, so I don't know what is going on. I will contact her today, though. I want to get the house on the market and sold, pronto! I am starting to lose sleep about it, which does not agree with me at all.

Anyway, hi to SL, SF, PPQ, Det, RC,, CanToo and Pauly. Have a great AF day, all!

Hugs,
                  :l
                  YahYah
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Thurs 20th

thanks for a good start this morning mick
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Thurs 20th

Another quick check in, not enough hours in the day - hanging in, finding it hard so went bought some more gummy bears - giving up on the sugar cut down as doing that when trying to get sorted on the AL front does not work!
                      Work is way too busy, way too much to do, trying to get all the year end stuff completed, deadlines etc - hopefully it will slow down soon!
                      Safe travels Cat - and safe stay when you get there, sounds as if it would be a big struggle for me....:l
                      Good luck to everyone with their day - stay safe, warm and happy....
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Thurs 20th

Howdy,

Yup, Mick someONE is in trouble. Has decided he's dropping a course with 8 classes to go, because HE DOESN'T LIKE the new teacher. WTF! Guess who's getting a fast and hard lesson on the real world. He's working until 11:00 pm tonight and I'm not picking him up because I've decided I'm not! No modem, no rides - what till he sees the piece of paper telling him about his goat. HA

KY - a massage and a water temp of 29? Nice. :H sorry about the noise :H

Nurdl - Yup, I've got you at 107 days too. :goodjob: And Yum, my favorite is soda and lime.

Yah - :l I hope you can get control of your rental property soon.

Det - How's it going and WHY are you going to Vegas????

Lav - hope you had a good B-Day.

So, here we go. Saturday's snowshoe trip has been cancelled because of the 'reported' weather report (I think it's too early to make that call - weather changes by the hour around here). Keepping fingers crossed for Sunday's.

Happy AF Thursday to everyone.

CT

P.S. will try to pop on after spin (Mom will play while the kid is away).
                        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Thurs 20th

SL - up your l-glut.
                          AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Thurs 20th

AF and just trying to get through. feeling very puny and weak. sorry. will try to perk up soon I hope.
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Thurs 20th

Determinator;1429956 wrote: AF and just trying to get through. feeling very puny and weak. sorry. will try to perk up soon I hope.
                              :l you'll get there Det...get in the kitchen and get cooking....missing your menus PPQ

Comment

Working...
                              X