Clear All

af day Fri 21st..oh no its the end of the world

4 Sure it is! great to have you
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings fABBers near and not so far!

Lav, Satz is in Australia visiting family. Not sure if she's meeting up with any of our members here (i'm miles away), but look forward to reports of her adventures.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical weekend.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

founds this very touching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA8VJh0UJtg[/video]]Sweet Mama Dog Interacting with a Beautiful Child with Down Syndrome - YouTube
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Very sweet, Det. We people need to learn to act a little more like that dog.
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Yah... Well done with the smoking...... Keep it up......still procrastinating here

Comment

Welcome Hippyman
              Glad to have you join our ranks!

Det, my big dog Maxie is exactly the same as the Lab in that video. I have had a young woman with Downs Syndrome visit here a few times & witnessed the same behavior. Some dogs just have incredile patience & very big hearts! Glad you are back in form.

G, thanks! I forgot Satz was on an adventure ~ must be my granny brain again :H

Did you get the 1 1/2 inches of rain & the 60 mph winds last night YahYah? Geez, it was crazy!!!!

Kuya, we'll work up a plan to make you a non-smoker soon! Start out by looking around Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community
              That's what I did
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all - may not be the end of the world, but pretty horrid weather - really windy, and forecast 1/2 inch rain tonight and an inch tomorrow - and snow in the hills. Det if you go hiking, be safe! Glad you are feeling a bit more selflike today!
                PPQ - so sorry for what you are going thru, and well done for not going the you know what store!
                CanToo & KY - i don't take L Glut - I did first time around, got it in the starter pack from on here, maybe I should try again??? Ate a whole pack of gummies on way home - stopped got a take and bake pizza for 'last day of school' supper, then found self on road to store to get wine for aforesaid supper - managed to drive right thru parking lot, zoomed home and signed on here.
                KY - hate LV, it totally appals me to see people who don't look as if they have a penny to rub together throwing it so eagerly into machines. We have two conferences a year there and everyone is dying to go, and I am dying not to go - last one was just last week and I chose to stay home and mind the shop to avoid the temptations - might be worth avoiding Det if you can??
                I have missed Micks photos - will have to go on a search!
                TDN - knackered is a brilliant word, I love it but get so many weird looks when I use it....
                Well, settling off a bit now.....still hankering after the wine I did not buy and the other drinks associated with this time of year, but now I am home I should be safe...
                Hi to everyone else - oh, and welcome 4sure
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Another stressful day--well, not the day, but the two letters I received from the same RMV I had to pay $1,000 to on Tuesday. I felt like crying when I read them. One states that I will lose my driving privileges in that state mid-January unless I get a letter from this state and several other things, including court papers. Not even sure I have the right court papers. I just got the privilege back--although I can't drive here yet. Next week I have to see if the judge here signed my motion to get my license back now instead of in June. I fulfilled everything, but am now wondering if this state will screw me up, too. And the second letter says my license will be suspended in mid-March unless I complete yet another driving course!!!! Eight hours, but can be done in one day. I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach. And there is nothing I can do about this. This is separate from the impaired driver program I completed here--twice--and the follow up counseling. I keep trying to remember I cannot change the past and can only move on--and AF is the only way for that to happen.
                  PPQ, I hope you are feeling a little better. We are all here for you.
                  SL, glad you managed another day of not stopping for wine. As KY said, we have to think of AL as embalming fluid.
                  Det, hope you stay away from the poison, too. The hike sounds good!
                  Off to read the other threads. I'm exhausted, but hoping I can sleep tonight and not think of the next month too much.
                  "One day at a time."

Comment

Oh My God. That made me cry. Took And posted it on FB
                    AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Just checking in. Dizzy spells are still upon me. In a way I am ignoring them as we have plans to travel. It is important to my kids. If they continue upon our return....I will get the ct scan. I have lived my life....making poor decisions.....if I could call the trip off I would I can't.

Mick...they are affecting my work. I do fine for hours....then can barely stand up...to just go pee....much less be in front of a client.

Det...glad to hear you are doing better.

I am now nervous about doing the holidays with family with AL. Its not so much being tempted because they are drinking.....its needing to brought down....with all their nonsense I have no escape....I am trapped there.

Comment

Mick - 'take a long hard look in the back garden and tell me how many money trees you see growing'. I am so using that line. AND what pictures is everyone talking about?

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

Comment

TDN- sleep well tonight. I am so sorry ypu have to keep jumpin thru these hoops. :l

KY - I was a HORRIBLE 17 year old. Thought I had these guys beat before they they ever began.

Nurdl - hope you were able to weather the storm.

PPQ - :l

YahYah & Lav :hallo:

4 Sure - howdy and :welcome:

Pauly - Vegas? Really? Pull up a chair and settle in to our AF world

Det - I'm still jealous of your location, enjoy your hike. My organized hike was cancelld due to -28 wnd chill temps. So I'm going out with a friend instead.

And SL - YES!! Try L-glut again.

Happy Friday everyone. I'm settled in for the night. Too frickin cold.

CT

SL -

Comment

:hallo: Sun

Comment

Working...
                            X