• Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Tues 25 Dec

Hello AF peeps.

Lav - that made me cry

KY - you are so right.

Hippy - I see you're hanging on.

TDN - please stay strong. No, we don't have your extra stresses but remember the deed is done, it's in 'their' hands and stressing is not going to change that. Period. What you do have control over is staying sober. Show them you have learned the lessons and you no longer drink because you can't, because you don't want to, because it's not healthy, because you want a better life...

SL, Nurdl and Blondi - busy day I hope, keeping you out of harms way.

Tree and KY. HAPPY BOXING DAY! You do have boxing day don't you?

And Mick - you must be sitting with the top button open. Teehee. All filled up I trust?

All quiet here. I made my cheesecake this morning and stuck a pre-stuffed turkey in the oven. No, I have never cooked a turkey (the ex was the cook and the kids always went there for holidays). Not really sure why I bothered, but it got me up and is keeping me busy. I've got a neighbor who might help eat the leaf overs. Youngest son came downstairs and sat in the living room. Took me a bit t realize he wanted to open presents. Ok, I did not get the goat. The oldest might come over after dinner at his girlfriend's, will see....

PPQ - if you start driving now you'll have plenty of time - it's a 15.5lb turkey!

:l
    AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

Merry Christmas aberoooooooos far and wide!

thanks for the nice boot-start Treetops

Blondie, your talk of the gum trees brings back wonderful childhood memories of picnics in the outback with family.

staying home and mighty quiet here. Dx and I may venture out to see 'the life of Pi' in 3D as we hear it's fab.

be well everyone!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

:hallo: Det

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

Cantoo...got my lastic waisted tracksuit bottoms on.....:H how is you?
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

Hi all, Merry Christmas - noon here, breakfast done, presents open - girls and I are going to friends about 2 1/2 hrs away for dinner - luckily good drive, so no chance of drinking. Called home and spoke to my Mum and Dad, makes me feel such a long was from those who love me. Managed to get girls to call their dad - did not go well, so a bit morose here.
            Will have fun at friends, will be a noisy, fun do - just what I need to stop getting in real funk.
            Hanging in and getting more and more determined (:H - no pun Det) to have a strong 2013 and turn things around....
            Thanks for all being here for me...
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

:H

Just waiting for the cheese cake to set and watching House Hunters International wondering how people can up and move across the world. I did offer to work for KY (room and board)...

Lol, I just looked at the dead bird in the oven, still looks raw raw raw. I have no idea how this will turn out. And that's OK. :H

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

Merry Christmas, all! We had a beautiful 3" snowfall last night--enough to cover everything with a blanket of white, but not enough to really get in the way of today's plans.

I'm doing well here, still af and smoke-free and pretty chuffed about it! I am much happier being here with just my daughter than I thought. I talked with one sister this morning, and it sounded like the Christmas crazies were just getting started. So happy not to be dealing with that!

It is so good to see everyone checking in here and mostly doing well.

Sending love and hugs out into the world to find all of you. :l

YahYah
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

:hallo: YahYah. Hope ypu continued to enjoy your new Christmas memory too.

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

Hi y'all

Just woke up! Really good sleep and masssssiiiiivvveee lie in........must have needed it

Good to hear you all having a good day.......cantoo make sure that bird gets cooked properly.

Yah ......so well done on the smokes

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

Ky...mornin to you...just offski to bed in a bit
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

Hi Mick ......you stuffed my man .....good. I am off to a friends birthday soon.more food, won't stay long ...they are boring drinkers so will be talking crap by 4pm :H Boxing Day tradition though

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

No worries KY. The frickin bird is going on 9 hrs. :H. I have no clue but the leg is not yet done.

I'm guessing it's about boxing day witching hour. Have a safe night

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

CanToo, I hear that turkey sushi is a delicacy on some planets

good job everyone!

if anyone is lurking and having a rough go.... please pop in and say hi ok? xxxxxx
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

Thanks CanToo and Kuya. KY, I guess you are through your party and safely back home. Isn't it a wonderful thing to be able to get up and leave when people start getting stupid? Happy Boxing Day tomorrow, CanToo.

Nice to see you late at night, Mick.

It's good to see you sounding a LOT more steady, Det.

:l
                              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Tues 25 Dec

thanks dear YAH xxxx

incidentally, after feeling a sort of 'internal Yule log' kind of effect rapidly developing (if there's a hell for literary indiscretions I'm surely going there) I looked up how much fiber is in the coconut flour i used for my PALEO cookies and it appears I've consumed the equal fiber to a wheelbarrow full of lumber.
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X