Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Wed 26 Dec

Det - does that mean your job is safe??
    PQ - would rather have life for sure....
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Morning Affers

Great everyone got through the festivities relatively stress-free! I woke up on Boxing day with a buggered up back and shoulder - probably with carrying round all the negativity and self-pity on Christmas. But I made it. First AF Christmas in over 30 years. Did think, though, I need to reconsider next year's celebrations as following the same patterns with just removing the drink wasn't too much fun.

Mick - did you have haggis-stuffed turkey?! I may try it again one day as I love porridge now!!

Kuya - Sounds an interesting time with the Colombians I hear you about the drunks; was out on Saturday night (first time in years and it was awful to watch them. I was quite the annoying reformed drunk :H

CanToo and PPQ - Please. send. snow. :thanks:
      Nurdl - well done on the exercise plan. I'm going to sit ooutside and melt the layers of fat off.
      Hi Det - sounding great there. I love the smell of eucalypts. ANy news on the job?
      Welsome Hippy and Hi to everyone else.
      SF hope you can get to the doctor and checked out soon.

Have fun everyone!

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

nurdl;1432285 wrote: Morning all. Up early today. I'm meeting with a trainer at the gym to get an exercise program started. I will have to face the dreaded scales with someone there writing down my numbers. A harsh way to start the day but it must be done. Besides if I can make it through Day 1 I can do this. No yoga today but... I set up my stationary bike at home with the portable DVD player. I've got 6 seasons of Sex and the City to watch but only while biking. Good incentive, no? :H
        Christmas was lovely. Very relaxed at home. Today will be the challenge. I'm not worried about drinking but the sils are very nosy and will want to know why I'm not drinking. I'm not ready to tell the so I will have to be clever. Wish me luck!
        Laters
        ~n
        Nice Nurdl! I especially like the bike rule.
        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Determinator;1432514 wrote: oy Happy unhung boxing day to all!

work day here so zooming along but in good spirits

be well
          Happy unhung day to you too Det!

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

blondie;1432689 wrote:

CanToo and PPQ - Please. send. snow. :thanks:
            Oh Blondie I think we can do that!

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

PPQ & Blondie? Frickin kewl! What a beautiful present you two have given yourselves.

Drove kid #2 to work this afternoon and kid #1 and I went into the store. This first boxing day outing I've had in years. Could never handle the hoards of shoppers hungover. SUCCESS

KY - What? I don't get it....

P.S. Boxing day is close to the US black Friday, but a little more civilized me thinks.

CanTooing into a happier, healthier life.

You Can Too

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Sober night - Chick flicks with my girls, Wedding planner followed by Pretty Woman, and not worried about passing out on sofa, do love this!!!!
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

scottish lass;1432735 wrote: Sober night - Chick flicks with my girls, Wedding planner followed by Pretty Woman, and not worried about passing out on sofa, do love this!!!!
                  Ooo Pretty Woman. Enjoy your night SL
                  :l

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Hi abbers,

Quick post during my family holiday. It's been a journey of a million miles over the past week. SOBER. That's good. I've had an overwhelming deluge of family. Five siblings and their families, children AND grandchildren, chaotic days and nights. I'm ready to go home. I've missed you guys, too. Just no room for me on this trip, you know? But I've been okay, and hope everyone is having a peaceful holiday.

:h Cat
                    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

Happy day 86 Cat.

Comment

af day Wed 26 Dec

scottish lass;1432735 wrote: Sober night - Chick flicks with my girls, Wedding planner followed by Pretty Woman, and not worried about passing out on sofa, do love this!!!!
                        secret confession.... I like those movies too. and the Devil wears Prada, 10 things I hate about you, and I thought Kirsten Wiig in 'bridesmaids' was a freaking scream.

but don't tell anyone. it will destroy my macho 'soldier of fortune' mystique

Scottish Lass, still unsure of the job until Vegas 3rd week of Jan.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X