GO FOR IT KUYA!

:yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo:

I'm going okay--almost two weeks now!
    Feeling much better.

PM me anytime if you want/need to!
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Saturday 29 Dec

Morning all - another delightful AF morining!
      Hi friend Tipp - so good to see you here (ps your signature has wrong year on it - don't think you are preparing for Dec 29th 2013 :H)
      More musings - I found this place (MWO) when I was worried about my health - and did not want to die of liver failure - I had not realised all the benifits of not drinking. I now realise that I don't want to drink as I want to feel happy and everything else that goes with it - when I do drink, the liver still worries me but I dislike the feelings more. It has taken a while for this to actually become a waking realisation - I know there are lots of posts about the gratitude mode, but it has taken me forever to really catch on as to what I am grateful for...
      I am starting to think that next year might just be a really good year for me....
      Will be checking in later - see you all around:l:l
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Saturday 29 Dec

Been on some of the other threads and watching The Way we Were, but wanted to say "Good night" to all of you. See you tomorrow!
        "One day at a time."

Comment

af day Saturday 29 Dec

Hi guys,

I'm back! I missed you all. I was away on vacation to visit my very large family, and never seemed to have a moment to myself. I remember feeling that way growing up. It is a huge relief to be in my home, and I realized walking around here today how much I love my home. Going away to see my family seems to help me recommit to my chosen lifestyle.

Nurdl, I'm having a SLOW, peaceful, stressless day.

YahYah, I've taken up crocheting and am terrible so far. Any tips on how to learn?

Kuya, thanks for responding to my first note. It brought tears to both our eyes, too.

My cold weather friends, can you believe I got snowed in for Christmas in Dallas, Texas? The cars don't have snow tires, the roads are a mess if it snows. But a white Christmas was really special.

Hippyman, welcome. I'm a regular here, but have been off for almost two weeks. Good to be back.

SL, you sound great!! It's so good to hear.

Sweet little story from today. I got home last night, and dropped my son off with my ex to spare him sleeping in a cold house (turned heat off during my holiday). I said hi to my dog and left. Later today, I hear a scratch at my door. She had run home (it's close, but she's a tiny one), knowing I was back from my trip and demanding to be with momma! It was so sweet. Dogs are really such great companions.

Hi Det, Mick, Cantoo, Treetop, Lav, SF, Tipp, and everyone else.

:l Cat
          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Saturday 29 Dec

:yay: Tipp is here. Tipp is here.
            AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Saturday 29 Dec

Just a short one today. And I picked up my XC skies. Met some new people today and discovered more groups. Have now joined a touring bike club that does XC skiing in the winter. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow.....

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/phot...191249572.jpeg

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

Comment

af day Saturday 29 Dec

P.S. just checked my phone and CAT has a special day tomorrow!

Comment

af day Saturday 29 Dec

Aw shucks.

Cat
                  "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Saturday 29 Dec

CAT-:l

DET - whatcha doing?

Comment

af day Saturday 29 Dec

Morning abbers

Just a quick post - my modem keeps losing power for some reason, so intermittent internet since last week; what a pain.
                      Hope everyone's faring well. I'm still whingeing about the heat. Have signed up for kayaking lessons as I realised, whilst I achieved a great deal not drinking last year and getting back to study, I really didn't "do" much. So tally-ho! Even my partner is joining me, which is a miracle!

Don't know what happened with Mick, but miss your jokes and the time you take to greet everyone.

Hopefully back to full posting power later in week when I can get new modem.
                      In the meantime, :hallo:

Comment

Working...
                      X