Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Sunday 30 Dec

Hi everyone,

I am brimming over with love in my heart for all of you. I will try to send some your way through the universe of energy that connects us.

PPQ, I am so sorry you are dealing with ex and lawyers. What an awful process. I think you should feel free to vent here - it is home. Some of us can relate, too - been down that road twice.

Nurdl, you are doing great - if the 2013 thread doesn't fit, no need to be stressed by it. Ann seems nice, and I like the idea of joining with her. Time will tell. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but I love your tagline - the string of pearls. It's not a weight to accumulate the days, it's a jewel.

Cantoo, the weather is glorious here. I'm getting out soon, and will hike in our hills. Next week, I'm going skiing with my son (Det, we'll be close in Tahoe). How do you stay energetic? Are there supplements you take to maintain your energy?

Kuya, thanks for starting the 90 day thread for me; it means a lot. You know, last night I thought about drinking briefly, just to sabotage my progress. I realized it was fear - fear of always being sober, fear of never drinking again, fear of not having that emotional release if I really needed it. I saw it as the fear it was, and said to myself, one day at a time. Funny how scary sobriety is. I take heart from folks like Lav who have many AF years now. I'm guessing it's no longer scary.

Mick, I miss you too. I hope all is well. We will be here when you come back.

I'll check in later.

Cat
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Sunday 30 Dec

Happy Sunday intrepid ABenators across the galaxy!

been MIA but AF, good and well happy to say.

Catbuddy, read your post from Thur and it was just beautiful. so nice. hey, PM me if you want to try for coffee at Tahoe next week. I'm not sure what my schedule is like, but I really do need to get over Donner and get some work done.

Lav, save me a meatball! good to see you resting today. we should all try and do that once a year eh?

Dx and I are spending the day snuggling on the couch, eating popcorn (within 20K years of Paleo at leasst LOL) and catching up on movies.

be well everyone!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Sunday 30 Dec

CanToo;1434794 wrote: The 30th is round number day.

CAT - 90 AF Days
        KY - 120 AF Days
        Mick - 180 AF Days

Nurdl, you will be a round number with me in a few days
        Wow - What great events to celebrate!!!!!! I am so proud of all of you and all you contribute here. Here's to piling up more round numbers and living life free of addiction!

:l:l:l:l:l

Believe it or not...we are experiencing a chinook (you Canadians know those, eh?) Today it is warmer where I live in Alaska than it is in my future winter home in Arizona. Ironic, huh? Maybe I'll have to reconsider spending the winters in Alaska!

Okay...the dripping inside my house says NO! Off to the rooftop to see what ice dams are causing the problems.

Anyone up for chat tonight? I'll try to check in later to see if anyone is around.
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
        X