Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Wed 2 Jan

Here's the link directly to you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwe-pA6TaZk[/video]]Happy New Year! Peace on Earth in 2013 - YouTube

Enjoy!
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Wed 2 Jan

CanToo - meant to comment earlier about your volunteer work. I work with patients who are dying and the families of those who have died - my work deals with sudden death rather than longer processes, but it is somewhat similar to hospice. I have to say that when I was not in managment, but out in the field, it was the most rewarding work that I have ever done or could dream of doing. To be allowed into peoples lives at this monumental time is indeed an honor, and I have learnt so much from so many incredible peopel as they lose a loved one - we work with them at one of the worst times of their loves and get to see the best side of them. Well done for looking into this....:l
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Wed 2 Jan

SL.....I can't tell you how many therapists I have been through. Spending a lot of $$ to get nothing out of it. So I feel your pain. This one was recommended to to me. She doesn't specialize in addiction....which is good for me.

So many addiction therapists wanted me to "do all the steps".....go to AA....shit I could get that for free

AA never worked for me. And she seemed to understand. I would go and drink after AA meetings....because I felt like shit about myself. I think that AA works very well for some people....I think I learned a lot there.....I am glad I went....and I am glad that I left. Even though I will stop into one group from time to time that I like.

Its all hit or miss with this. This is only information that was passed onto me....and it helped me a bit. I can't understand why rehabs or therapists only offer one thing. But, then I learned about why alcoholism got classed as a disease.....it meant that there was $$ to made off of being called a disease. It may explain why every addiction clinic only offers one thing......so they can get insurance $$.

Comment

af day Wed 2 Jan

scottish lass;1437203 wrote: CanToo - meant to comment earlier about your volunteer work. I work with patients who are dying and the families of those who have died - my work deals with sudden death rather than longer processes, but it is somewhat similar to hospice. I have to say that when I was not in managment, but out in the field, it was the most rewarding work that I have ever done or could dream of doing. To be allowed into peoples lives at this monumental time is indeed an honor, and I have learnt so much from so many incredible peopel as they lose a loved one - we work with them at one of the worst times of their loves and get to see the best side of them. Well done for looking into this....:l
          SL,

I'm hoping to find the good in people, to think of someone other than myself and to find some kind of meaning in what's left of this life I've wasted. I don't mean for this to sound depressing, I do think it's going to be a positive experience.

Thank You for your words.
          AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Wed 2 Jan

Cantoo, I think that sounded incredibly honest and responsible.

SF, I'm so happy for you. I want to find a good therapist, too, that I can afford. I've had a lot of hit or miss and some painful experiences with therapists. The last one I liked is over $200/hour and doesn't take insurance. I don't want to spend our savings that way if I can find a less expensive solution.

Mick, I didn't just *start* with a five mile hike/job. I'm in good shape, and just didn't run over the holiday. Strange lifestyle in Texas with my family - no one works out. So, I was embracing my true self again. Felt just great.

Hi to everyone, and a heads up I may be out again for four days - I don't think our place in the mountains has internet.

Cat
            "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Wed 2 Jan

CanToo - not depressing at all - rather wonderous and indeed positive...

Thanks SF - I will see if I can ask around discreetly and see if I can find recommendations....
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Wed 2 Jan

Another Facebook find.

"And let's let New Year's Day - Jan 1rst 2013 mark another moment in time - time to face this truth whether you are ready to or not ? ?The statute of limitations has now expired on all your childhood wounds, trauma, and hurts.? - As an adult you are who you choose to be and become - you are not chained to any past experience, except to choose to be. That statute has expired".

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

Comment

af day Wed 2 Jan

Cantoo...Sorry...but I found this one being loud. Lots of things going on in my life....and I needed someting. I bet the doc had no idea what she was walking into.....but, she relieved that addiction was the only thing. There are worse things out there!

Comment

af day Wed 2 Jan

I'm sorry Sun. It wasn't meant to point to anyone. Just a comment on how I deal with my experiences in life.

CT

Comment

af day Wed 2 Jan

Hey all. Just checking in for today, 25 minutes before its over. Oh well. I was pleased to find the Happiness Project Journal I bought weeks ago, just yesterday. It's a 5 year one line a day journal to make sure you find at least one thing to be happy about each day. It will be great for tracking AF days too which will be every day for me. So far I'm happy I found the journal so I could start on 1/1/13 and I was happy to find Adam Levine's yoga playlist today cuz he's such a hottie and I'm loving my yoga.
                      Bedtime, miss you all.
                      ~n
                      :notes:
                      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Wed 2 Jan

Canntoo....no worries A good therapist is hard to find......and we will see how this one progresses.

She wants me off of MWO. And she was right. If I could just come to abs board....that would be ok. But, I wander around. I want to help...but I am no "gold medal" of sober

Comment

af day Wed 2 Jan

TheSunFlower;1437252 wrote: Canntoo....no worries A good therapist is hard to find......and we will see how this one progresses.

She wants me off of MWO. And she was right. If I could just come to abs board....that would be ok. But, I wander around. I want to help...but I am no "gold medal" of sober
                          In my experience only an alcoholic has any really good chance at helping an alcoholic. Do your best to not lose contact with alcoholics...some how, some way you need their input on how they are recovering from this disease!
                          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
                          X