AF Day Sun 6 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

Good Morning Gang...up early so thought I'd start us off....coffee and tea on the go.

First off, thanks all for the pat on the back I appreciate you being there for me.

Mick...message heard, thread started. Have a good day, I'm sure we'll see you laters.

:welcome: Patrice...good to have you on board. KY is taking a wee break, not from AF just posting. My assumption is she's a bit busy right now and didn't want us to worry.

Have a new outlook on things, thanks to yesterday, and am looking forward to my AA meeting later this morning.

Want to get this posted before we get two threads going so have a great AF Sunday all and all to come....PQP

Since I don't have Mick's knack for the jokes...here's the morning chuckle...

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for the start up PQ, I'll be glad to make the coffee
    Cute pic!!!!

I forget to say how grateful I am for my AF life & thankful for the support I've received here over the years. Four years ago at this time I was still struggling & trying to get a grip on my life. It was pretty rough until I found MWO & took that leap of faith I read about here into AFland

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Sunday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

Good morning, PPQP and Lav!

PPQP, you did a great job with the ex!! You must feel pretty darn good about that

Lav, hope your day is not too hectic--but that probably isn't possible:H Who is coming over today? Your family is very lucky to have you.

Patrice, nice to see you here!

SF, your therapist sounds pretty intelligent. I think we can get caught up in the past--at least that has been true for me. Focusing on today--and the future--is what's important.

Have been in bed since I got back from work yesterday afternoon. Have a bad cold--horrible sore throat that kept me up all night, headache, clogged nose, etc. Feels good to just be able to rest and watch TV and read, etc.

Okay--hope to check in later--unless I fall asleep again!
      "One day at a time."

Comment

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

cute penguin pic! have a great sunday guys
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

Yoohoo..on the way home on phone...great start up....thanks ppqp will jump in later gang
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

Greetings FABbers not so near...yet not so far....

Still lazing in bed with the pugs and the laptop - my idea of a great Sunday morn. BUT I do think I'll make myself go to the gym and do some gerbil exercise to pump up that dopamine anyway. Gotta counter this blasted infernal, eternal winter darkness with every tool available.

PPPPPq...THANKS for starting off the fun today with a chuckle! You Canucks and penguins sure love your Timmy's! I had my very first Timmy's experience in Whitehorse, YT. yummmmmmm. doughnuts........drool. We once had a Canadian goalie on our ladies hockey team and every time I went down there for my kid's hockey....I'd have to bring back a stash of Timmy's coffee for her. She was nuts for the stuff! What's in it?

Welcome to the thread, Patrice and Paulywogg - I hope you'll stick around. Being here sure helped me after I took the 'leap of faith,' as Lav put it, and plunged into AFland. It did feel like I was in for a LEAP as I pondered it from the edge of addiction....but quite unexpectedly - and certainly....AMAZINGLY....when I finally made THE DECISION to no longer drink...no matter what...I was overwhelmed with RELIEF and I felt as if the weight of my dark, addicted world just lifted. I remember thinking...WOW - what was I ever so afraid of? It was liberating!

Now, that doesn't mean the path has always been flowers and rainbows and pink unicorns after that because healing is a process that takes... the time that it takes.
            ... depending on the amount of repair that needs to be done. BUT - that DECISION has made it easier to keep moving forward. Drinking again is NEVER an option for me. I cultivate that in word and deed every day. And I am a darn contented person now. Doesn't mean things don't go wrong or I don't have problems. But dealing with the hizha with all pistons firing is really a powerful thing.

AND I don't have to deal with worrying about relapse. Not gonna happen. The absolute resolve has given the frontal cortex FULL control. When a cue stirs up the midbrain to unleash a craving my frontal cortex now just acknowledges it. I dissect it if I feel like it, otherwise I just smack it and squash it like an annoying mosquito. This power is available to anyone for the taking...and making.

I love being AF.

Hugs to you TDN....hope you feel better soon. You are growing stronger every day in terms of dealing with bushwhacking you've got to deal with because of the legal consequences which you accept...and the goofy incompetence which is unfortunate on the part of some of the people in the system. Your clear head is making that possible. You are, no doubt, helping others who are dealing with similar situations. :h

:l:l:l....to everyone else, too....

off to race like a gerbil....
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

I am back kicking off the new day with a new thread for 7 Jan. Hope your Sunday is going well folks!

Comment

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

Happy Sunday AFenators!

all good here in the high desert. got to the gym yesterday and going to do a noon class tomorrow as well. bout time!

good to see all your shining faces

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

PPQP - worrying missed your B-Day. Hope you did something for yourself yesterday.

Quiet day here. Giving the body a break. Next week will be a busy one.

Welcome Patrice.

CT
                  AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

CanToo;1439428 wrote: PPQP - worrying missed your B-Day. Hope you did something for yourself yesterday.

Quiet day here. Giving the body a break. Next week will be a busy one.

Welcome Patrice.

CT
                    :thanks: CanToo....I DID....I PUT MYSELF FIRST :H Best present I could get

You reminded me of a show on TV called "Body Break"...ever see it? Enjoy yourself...PQP

Comment

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

Afternoon all, busy day with work and trying to get girls sorted for back to school! All good here, day 7 almost done and dusted - next a month, then a year
                      Good to see everyone with quick checkins due to busy schedules - way it should be!
                      Woke with a smile on my face, felt weird....in a good way, had to lay for a moment and work it out!!!
                      Have a good Sunday all and see you on Monday (realising some of us are there already!)
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

scottish lass;1439481 wrote: Woke with a smile on my face, felt weird....in a good way, had to lay for a moment and work it out!!!
                        :yay: I've had that happen to me too...ain't it great!!

(Unless there was someone else beside you, cause that hasn't happened for awhile! :eeks: I know TMI)

Comment

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

PS PPQP - nope, that was not the reason, and not likley to happen for a very long time unless you are referring to my 11yo:H
                          Yup PPQP - tis great!
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

AF Day Sun 6 Jan

scottish lass;1439526 wrote: PS PPQP - nope, that was not the reason, and not likley to happen for a very long time unless you are referring to my 11yo:H
                            Yup PPQP - tis great!
                            Aww...I miss those days too :H

Comment

Working...
                            X