Sat, Mar. 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat, Mar. 17

Happy St. Patty's Day to All you Irish folk out there!

Hope everyone has a great sober Saturday!

We're digging out of a winter storm we had last night! 12 inches + ice on top of that!

Have a good one!
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Sat, Mar. 17

Hi SeaBreeze,

I was feeling cold here, then I read about your winter storm, now I feel positively tropical...

By the way, where did you get those cute animated characters from, there' lovely
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Sat, Mar. 17

Hey Seabreez,

I'm so glad that we just got snow!! We had the ice on top of snow a few weeks ago, and it was a bear!! I just talked to my Mom on Long Island, and they have the sleet covered with a layer of ice--YUCK!!

I have a blessed Sat morning to catch up on a few things, (paperwork and what not, but it is so nice to do it in the morning--doesn't feel as much like work!!). I am going to an Indoor Guard show up in Pennsylvania later. I love those shows so much, it is guaranteed that I won't even THINK about a drink the teeniest little bit!!

Also, I finally had time to work on my computer and uninstall the firewall/virus protection/spyware stuff and install other stuff so I can happily announce that:

I HAVE MY SMILIES BACK!!!!!

This makes me very happy. I have been feeling quite deprived on that account.

Hugs to all!

Kathy:l
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sat, Mar. 17

Thanks Irish-

I was spring cleaning my study & popped in old cd's & found a cd with old cliparts I had from yrs ago. They were from all kinds of different sites - can not recall. Too far back.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Sat, Mar. 17

Bonjour chilly MWOuters!!! Gosh your weather sounds terrifying!!

Well, it is Sunday now in Aotearoa New Ziilland (as they insist on pronouncing it) and that means...da da da dahhhhhhhh

DAY 100 FOR MELON..................YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

100 sober marvelous fantastic healthy zippedy doo dah days!!!

Went out to a restaraunt last night for the first time since starting AF...not too sure before how I would cope with trying to be social without 14 buckets of vino tinto glugging around the bloodstream.....and it was GREAT!!!
          The daughter planned it as a burfay treeeet, and, knowing her mothers taste for the kitsch and the tacky, took her to a lovely (self described) Roman/Turkish/Kiwi pad on Ponsonby Road....
          It was fab...the whole place was designed like a sort of theatre set out of a Roman pantomime with columns and curtains and a few Turkish rugs thrown in for good measure with a couple of traditional Mongolian outfits on the wall too for some unknown reason???

You get to choose from an extensive menu...which is ALWAYS a good thing in the book of the greedy melon, and then after ramming as many dolmades, kebabs, and olives down your throat as you can....the belly dancer comes in, and you are all invited to jiggle your dinner down (and then presumably back up again!!) by shaking your muffins with the bejewelled brassierre bird!!

It is NOT easy!! I did write this somewhere else today, but am so pleased with my description of myself, that I'm gonna biff it in here too....
          I looked like I had sh*t myself, and was trying to shake the evidence out of my trouser leg!!!! Just having an ample layer of fat around your mid section is apparently not all that is required to perform this rather eyecatching (and popping....she was a VERY well endowed woman breasticular wise!!) series of manoeuvres.....

Still.....a good time was had by all......and SOBER!!!!!!! Gosh I'm chuffed!!!!

Have a GREAT day darlings....shake those muffins my friends........xxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Sat, Mar. 17

My esteem for you knows no bounds.......truely.
            My hero list just keeps growing.

Comment

Sat, Mar. 17

Happy 100 WeeOne!!

Keep shaking that thang!!

:wave:

You know you rock, right??

Hugs,

Kathy:hug:

Comment

Sat, Mar. 17

Weemelon that rocks the block! I love that kind of food too...getting hungry.
                Happy ST P's back to ya Seabreeze and all of yoos guys and gals. I'm part Irish (probably the onery part I'm guessing).
                Youngatheart, what is an indoor guard show?
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sat, Mar. 17

Thanks Sea Breez and others for kind wishes....St. Patricks Day was really great fun here today...people from all over the world celebrating with us and thankfully the weather was sunny for all the children participating in the parades around the country. The Irish love to party! and party we did... I really really felt like a drink today and almost did but didn't. I tried to convinced myself I could moderate etc and maybe I can in the future but its too soon. The reason I didnt was because of the support from here...kept thinking about some of the advise from others....take it or leave it seemed to work today...I left it but just about.

I am always a bit late in here but Slainte to all the Irish and all our friends...

Comment

Sat, Mar. 17

oh congrats weemelon on 100 days....

Comment

Sat, Mar. 17

lOVE YOUR QUOTES, SAY SO MUCH IN A FEW WORDS...........THANKS
                      newbegin

Comment

Sat, Mar. 17

WEE!
                        CONGRATS on YOUR 100 days my DEAR!

glad you had a great time-shaking your thingies!

Comment

Sat, Mar. 17

Good evening all....Happy St. Patricks Day to everyone!! Everyone's Irish today right??

Changing - big congrats for saying no thanks today! I'm sure it wasn't easy but I know it will be so worth it in the morning. Good for you.

weemelon...100 days is Fantastic - Congratulations on that milestone! Triple digits now! woohoo!

Seabreeze and Kathy...brrrr You guys stay warm....and stay HOME if you can. Good time for movies and blankets and popcorn.
                          Hi also to Popeye and determinator and newbegin !!

I am sick yet again.. third time so far this year. This time it's bronchitis. Seems as soon as I start feeling better I get something else. So...I'm taking myself back to bed now.
                          Have a wonderful night all -
                          Lisa

Comment

Sat, Mar. 17

Hope you feel better soon, Lisa! Smooches!

Comment

Sat, Mar. 17

weemelon, congraulations on 100 days!! Wow:goodjob:

Wish I could have been you dancing!!

Lisa, sorry that you're sick again. Happy Sunday to all.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X