af day Fri 11 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Fri 11 Jan

Morning on this Friday. How is the abstinence resolve going? SL and Onceagain - did you handle the drinkie functions OK?
    Next week we have a friend from France staying for a few days and I will probably offer her wine with dinner if she so desires - but she is very moderate about AL. I will tell her about my new sobriety and I know she will be thrilled. It won't be tempting for me.

SL - ahh, Marmite on toast! Did you know that there is a national shortage in NZ because the Marmite factory here was destroyed in the earthquake in Christchurch in 2011. There is even a black market (pun!) in Marmite. I gather the factory will restart this year so don't think about this as a new export business.
    Actually I am a Vegemite girl (the Aussies will see the humour in this) - find Marmite too strong. Yes, I even carry a tube (you can buy travel tubes) of vegemite with me when I travel.

Hi there Det - can you PM when you have time with the details about cholestorel and low fat diets? Got me worried.
    How's Las Vegas - don't do a Hunter S Thompson/Nick Cage repeat - as if you would!

I don't have any 3 year old boy jokes - sorry. Maybe Mick does.
    OK - time to fly and devour my vegemite!

af day Fri 11 Jan

Weee, sliding in before bed.

So, today I booked a flight out of town. Heading to Palm Springs for a few days next week. All I can think about is what I'm going to miss. :H. A board meeting, spin class, 2 Gym sessions a snowshoe, a physio and hair appointments, but I made sure I won't miss a yoga class. Ahhh, what have I become?

K, the day I land I've got a hair appointment. What else should I do? The friend I'm visiting is a runner, so I'm thinking a morning run will be breakfast.

And really, I'm not manic - just a focused.

Mick, invest in a TENS machine. Well worth it.

SL, If KY can threaten to skinny dip you can start with a hike/walk. Just start moving.

PPQ and Tipp, hope you guys are staying positive - I'll head over to fitness to see what you're up too.

I caught some talk on supplements. BEST THING EVER. Ask around and remember, you're no longer spending money on AL - they helped me take the edge off at the begining. And I agree. GABA is not the right stuff for us. Thought I was losing my mnd until someone said something on this site KAS, it could have been you. Sorry KY I know you love it. 'll bring my supply when I come to visit :-)

K I'm off. Hope you had the day ypu wanted. If not, sit down and start again.

Cat - CONGRATS! And welcome your sister for us. :l

CT
    AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Fri 11 Jan

Hi TT and Cantoo

Early check in today.

Beautiful weather here, a little more humid. Kids just gone to a local waterhole for a dip.......too cold for me ....will stick to the pool.

Actually CT....I took your advice and Turns and switched to inositol and theanine. My last shipment of GABA was seized and destroyed by customs. Apparently you can back a psycho active drug from it and NZ is SUCH a nanny state. $100 down the drain, literally.

I have to say the further along I get the less I worry about supplements but I think they were vital at the beginning.

Comment

af day Fri 11 Jan

Morning team...Hawaii.. how are ye? get it?....ah forget it :H And here were are again..you know it only seems like a week ago we were doing this!!

OK..tea n coffee on the go, so here we go

Morning tree ..and how are you down in the sunnier climes today?yep sure I can find some 3 year old jokes...oops musta grown up pretty quick

Hiya Cantoo...thanking you... completely forgot about it..Ive got a tens machine..one of the small ones..thats going on the leg pretty sharpish!! back now..as we speak it is now on leg..Glad you are having a wee break...hope you enjoy it

Mornin Kuya...do you honestly thiink I am going to throw my hand into that one?..good thread for the future tho...embarrassing moments!! my mate and wife go back next week ..talk about time flying!!so any plans for this aft..that is apart from looling about in the sunshine looking very unbusy :H

Once again..well here we are again..same line different day!!! how did the happy hour go?any problems? thats a cracking story about your son...pity he was 27 at the time :H
        hope its all going to plan for you

Mornin Lav...you ok..hows the kid free zone? all nice and tidy waiting to be demolished again? One coffee for you...Was quite pleased this morning..jumped on the scales...now at 12 st 2..which is pretty good since I havent done much since I took up stair flying!!!
        your quote.....Living with a severely & chronically depressed spouse really beats a person down ...oh I dont know, I think Maxsie looks quite sweet!!! :H have a great day

Mornin SL...jeez you sound more Jockanese than me at times!!! how are you?? if you cant turn think into wont...forget the party! You are doing really well ..stay positive :goodjob:
        Marmite nah not for me...nice cup o Bovril, laced wi Lea and Perrins sauce..now you are talking!!! when my wife comes home we sit and have a natter, her with a glass of wine and me with me Bovril...love it!

Hi Turn...thanks for the extra letter...no scrimping !!!How are you? Like the turn of phrase ..wandering spawn..dont know bout Brits..defo Jocks..yep lets settle here ,and here and here and here et al..of course it may look like wandering..but its a actually a missionary plan to teach the world our way...with a thought and belief like that I could be a world leader! Bonaparte, Mussolini, Hitler, Amin, Stalin..to name a few!!! anyway enough woffling glad you are ok

Kas,Kas kind words indeed!! lovely to see you? hows the dungeon nowadays?...and for the newer readers I am referring to a place of work....not a place of pain/pleasure, whatever tickles your fancy!!!!

Catbuddy well done on your 100...dont be turnin this into a family business tho!!! :H..great well done you

Right good peeps..it is that time ...where we must part ,so I bid ye farewell and adieu, until we meet again..............now hows that for a dramatic finish???

Have a great weekend

A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband. Suddenly, her husband burst into the kitchen. 'Careful,' he said, 'CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! Oh my gosh! You're cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! We need more butter. Oh my gosh! WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER? They're going to STICK! Careful. CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL! You NEVER listen to me when you're cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up! Are you CRAZY? Have you LOST your mind? Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the! Salt. USE THE SALT! THE SALT!' The wife stared at him. 'What in the world is wrong with you?You think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs?' The husband calmly replied, 'I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving.'

A precious little girl walks into a Pets Mart Shop and asks, in the sweetest little lisp, between two missing teeth, "Excuthe me, mithter, do you keep widdle wabbits?"
        As the shopkeeper's heart melts, he gets down on his knees so that he's on her level and asks, "Do you want a widdle white wabbit, or a thoft and fuwwy, bwack wabbit, or maybe one like that cute widdle bwown wabbit over there?"
        She, in turn, blushes, rocks on her heels, puts her hands on her knees, leans forward and says, in a tiny quiet voice,
        "I don't think my python weally gives a thit !!"

Two boys were talking and the one said to the other, "There is a easy way to get what you want."
        The other boy said, "How?" the boy replied, "Tell people you know their secret."
        The boy jumps up and runs to his dad, "I know your secret!" The dad replies, "Please don't tell your mom heres $10."
        The boy then runs to his mom, "I know your secret!" The mom said, "Please don't tell your dad here's $15."
        The boy then decides to try it on the mail man, "I know your secret!" The mail man opened his arms and said, "Come, give your dad a hug!"

A police officer pulls over a speeding car.
        The officer says, " I clocked you at 80 miles per hour, sir ."
        The driver says, "Gee, officer, I had it on cruise control at 60; perhaps your radar gun needs calibrating. "
        Not looking up from her knitting the wife says: "Now don"t be silly, dear -- you know that this car doesn"t have cruise control."
        As the officer writes out the ticket, the driver looks over at his wife and growls, "Can't you please keep your mouth shut for once !! ?"
        The wife smiles demurely and says, "Well dear you should be thankful your radar detector went off when it did or your speed would have been higher."
        As the officer makes out the second ticket for the illegal radar detector unit, the man glowers at his wife and says through clenched teeth, "Woman, can't you keep your mouth shut?"
        The officer frowns and says, "And I notice that you"re not wearing your seat belt, sir. That's an automatic $75 fine."
        The driver says, "Yeah, well, you see, officer, I had it on, but I took it off when you pulled me over so that I could get my license out of my back pocket."
        The wife says, "Now, dear, you know very well that you didn"t have your seat belt on. You never wear your seat belt when you"re driving."
        And as the police officer is writing out the third ticket, the driver turns to his wife and barks, "WHY DON"T YOU PLEASE SHUT UP??"
        The officer looks over at the woman and asks, "Does your husband always talk to you this way, Ma"am?"
        "Only when he"s been drinking, officer."

It was entertainment night at the Senior Center.

Claude the hypnotist exclaimed: "I'm here to put you into a trance;
        I intend to hypnotize each and every member of the audience."
        The excitement was almost electric as Claude withdrew a beautiful
        antique pocket watch from his coat. "I want you each to keep your eye on
        this antique watch. It's a very special watch. It's been in my family for
        six generations"

He began to swing the watch gently back and forth while quietly
        chanting, "Watch the watch, watch the watch, watch the watch. . ."

The crowd became mesmerized as the watch swayed back and forth,
        light gleaming off its polished surface. Hundreds of pairs eyes followed the
        swaying watch, until, suddenly, it slipped from the hypnotist's fingers and
        fell to the floor, breaking into a hundred pieces.

"SH*T!" said the Hypnotist.

It took three days to clean up the Senior Center.

A blond and her husband are lying in bed listening to the next door neighbor's dog. It has been in the backyard barking for hours and hours.
        The blond jumps up out of bed and says, "I've had enough of this".
        She goes downstairs.
        The blond finally comes back up to bed and her husband says, "The dog is still barking,
        What have you been doing?"
        The blond says, "I put the dog in our backyard, let's see how THEY like it!

Wife: "What are you doing?"
        Husband : Nothing.
        Wife : "Nothing...? You've been reading our marriage
        certificate for an hour."
        Husband : "I was looking for the expiration date."

Stupid quotes.......

All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height."

"It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose." -

"When they asked George Washington for his ID, he just took out a quarter." -

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymor

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours." -

"The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep."

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

"I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me."

"Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country."

"Life is anything that dies when you stomp on it."

"Politics is just show business for ugly people." -

"I don't even butter my bread; I consider that cooking

aaargh the emoticon cops got me ..just had to re-do it!!
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Fri 11 Jan

Was that a trick post to see who reads them, Mick? :H:H

Still a good joke though!

Comment

af day Fri 11 Jan

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Fri 11 Jan

Good morning Abbers!

Waiting for the sun to make an appearance but I think it's going to be a long wait
              A few days of rain won't kill me but it won't make me happy either :H

Mick, your Hypnotist at the Senior Center story is hysterical & I can almost imagine it happening :H:H

Well, I am off for some exercises & a stop at the grocery store - my life is super exciting!
              Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Fri 11 Jan

Good Morning All

Sorry I've been missing in action but have had a pile of "life" dumped on me all at once.

Some good, some bad but all AF!

MWO will be hit and miss for a bit but you're always with me.....PQP

Comment

af day Fri 11 Jan

hope everybody has a great friday!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Fri 11 Jan

Hi ppq ..nice to see you ..
                    Pauly why the stressy head?

Comment

af day Fri 11 Jan

Morning all - one of the wandering spawn here :H Hmm, happy to be jock-spawn!
                      CanToo - my problem seems to be time to be able to exercise, I love to walk/hike, but there are not enough hours in the day - I know that seems like a feeble excuse, but working full time plus and single FT parent of two kids takes every minute I have....
                      Mick, your jokes today are great - thanks for the Friday laugh! Bovril with L&P - can't quite imagine, but yu did remond me how much I liked oxo beef broth to drink - completely forgot that af drink, yummy - sadly, I went shopping first thing this morning to avoid the Friday afternoon habit of wine purchasing (also shopping at new grocery store - have never been in the alcohol area, really does help!). Will put on list for next time.

PPQP - whats up? Can I help???? :l:l
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Fri 11 Jan

Today

I want to thank everyone for their kind responses regarding my anxiety.

Kuya....I know that I have to push through it. Its just difficult....but, worth it. Regarding your GABA that was seized....who did you order it from? I had a med seized once that I ordered from River....and they quickly refunded the $$. Call the company for refund. GABA is sold here freely in the states....maybe a good or bad thing?

Mick....what I have to change is my "thinking". I get all worked up about all the terrible things that can happen.

OnceAgain....thanks for the book. I do have to accept myself.

Lav....thanks again for the reminder on the supplements. I want to try those before I go the anti-depressant pharma drugs....that I already know are not good for me. Habit Busting too!

TT....thanks for posting about GABA....I was taking this regularly. I have stopped taking it. L-Glut seems to be what works best for my system.

Cat...thank you.

I remember awhile back....someone who suffered from anxiety and a recovered alkie....said to me...."What came first....the anxiety or the AL"? Hard question to answer. Anxiety runs in my family....along with AL issues. The AL issues for most have been resolved by most. They still drink....just not to excess. I was raised in home that anxiety and depression ran high. I do not blame them at all.....but, they were very negative in nature. They actually deflated alot of my dreams......I always felt "not good enough". It was how they were raised....with low expectations.....and passed it on.

My sister and I did surpass what they thought we were capable of. I sometimes wonder "what if these cut down comments were not made to us on a daily basis". My parents were not bad parents.....it was how they saw life.

Today I was in a corporate meeting and recieved 2 pretty big awards. Those are all great and dandy......but, the entire year I was drinking on and off....doing some really stupid things....and just sat back and wondered...."What could I have achieved if I was not drinking at all'?

My son wants to be the President.....I never cut him down....we talk about strategies to help him reach his goal. My parents would have looked at me and said..."well that ain't ever going to happen".

I am lucky to now work at a place that does have high expectations, but totally believes in you reaching them. And does support you in that process....ie....the awards I got today.

I am still having panic attacks....feelings in my body.....that want to send me over the cliff. Phobias that I have to overcome.

But, I do believe in the healing process. I drank for 20+ years. All that shit I stuffed down is not going to go away magically. That is the hard part....."why I drank". I drank to stuff it down. Worked very well the first 10 years.....Although in the beginning I like being the "party girl"

Mick.....when you said you decided to give up drinking....and it was a relief I can totally realate to. Somehow I have to make it final. Not a hard battle.....just "thank God I don't have to do that anymore".

Sorry for the long post....but I do have to admit to buying a box of wine on Monday. It is still unopened. Its just been riding around in my car for the entire week. I did not tell hubby.....and today moved it to his car. On Sunday he has an event....that I plan not to attend....and I will tell him that it is there....and to take it to his event.

Sometimes I cry....what is wrong with me? Sober....I feel better, but still have the anxiety of all time....and the phobias are the worst because.....I need to drive on an interstate to do my job.....why would I buy wine? Even though I have not opened it.....it gave me calmness that at least it was there?

WTF?

But, I do know this. I meet ALOT of people who simply do not drink. They don't find it hard to quit.....they just simply don't do it.

Comment

af day Fri 11 Jan

Have you tried supplements for anxiety SF?

Comment

af day Fri 11 Jan

SL - when my kids were younger I went to the gym at lunch. Raised two boys on my own while working full time. You have to make an appointment with yourself.

Yay. Friday!
                            AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Fri 11 Jan

Kuya...yes I have. I know that l-glut works.

This board is great.....but, nobody really knows me personally. Nor do I care to share it all. I finally released onto a semi-close friend on it all. Both of my sons have health issues.

Between work and takng care if them....I am only doing the yoga thing at lunch. I love the women's movement.....but we can't do it all and be all. Something always sacrfices.

I can't do it all. Period.

Comment

Working...
                              X