af day Tues 15 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Tues 15 Jan

The Tree is back! Well I wasn't away that long. We have a lovely guest from France - so talking lots night and morning, relaxing dinners (I am fine with no AL and my friend is a one or two glass of vino with her meal person - if at all, while G has his light beer) and work is buzzing again after the Christmas break. I have a pile of stuff to get through that other people depend on - so that is a priority. Plus still school hols and daughter needs a taxi driver sometimes but she is not at all demanding.

Lavande asked about NZ summers (from Kuya's remark) - they have always been very unpredictable. We invented climate change! Officially summer is from Oct - Feb and most people have annual holidays from late Dec - mid Jan - but the weather does not conform to this. Like today I am contemplating an early evening trip to a nearby beach followed by fish and chips (for our guest) but the sky suggest that it may be a more atmospheric dramatic seascape of wind and drizzle. Never boring. Hippyman would love it!
    Summer is not over - the best weather is when the kids return to school in early Feb - March is also a great month here.

Hope the Black Dog lifted a bit for you YAH - Mick is right - don't stress about sugar cravings and try to be Wonder person with the fab body all at once. Are you eating decent meals? Have bowls of fruit (if available) to snack on. Nuts (in moderation) also good but maybe not late at night (I once had a nut hangover in my gut). Sugar is not evil - in fact the most evil thing about it is the history of sugar plantations and the exploitation of labour in the sugar industry (OK we could add in the manufacture of booze esp rum and the slave trade here!). Lesson over!

Sad to hear about your nephew, Pouquoi. I have a history of suicide attempts - going back to when I was a teenager - they arose from depression, confusion, maybe attention seeking (looking for love that is). My Mum didn't know at first and she loved me to bits! But the attempts became much more serious when I was older and dealing with some bigger shit. Depression, sleeping tablet addiction and booze also came into the mix. The depression and nihilism is still a companion I live with but keep in check - and definitely no booze plus being post menopausal helps. Not that this applies to your nephew.

SL - my 14 year old has had her hippie moments but as she heads towards 15 that 'trip' is sort of changing. I guess she is a bit of a hippy nerd.

Well thats enough from me. The day's weather awaits to show its surprises.

af day Tues 15 Jan

Mornin all...how are you ? welcome back to our one and only tremendoulsy titivatin treetop...glad you enjoyed your guests visit...were you speaking English or are you fluent in the old je ne sais pas?

Really cold over here today....sort of just makes you aware that we havent turned the winter corner yet!

Tea and coffee on the go

Morning PPQP...wow full of beans you are ! glad your mood is a good un ...well chuffed
    hows the community garden project design coming along?

Yo hippyman..how you doin? can I give you a wee bit of advice? dont know bout in the good ole US of A...................but over here, you go into a library dressed as you describe and find a book on hydroponic gardening....methinks you might be the reciever of an early morning knock on yer door by the boys in blue!!!
    Stick to the bird feeding!!..as for what you have missed in the world..not a lot really,,Mafeking has been relieved, they say a man has landed on the moon, the war is over,Titanic sunk, Englaand won the world cup, Queen Victoria died, one of the Kings buggered off with an American woman called Wallis Simpson...that jist about sums the century up!

Kuya.evening to ya..in fact it is 20.03 local as we speak...how are you? only saw one post yesterday..whats up? you lost yer writing voice? or is it too cold to write?This 10 years has spoiled you weather wise madam!!! My friends wife was round yesterday..you would think that they were going back to kit the whole of NZ out!!!! keep your eyes peeled for 2 kids wearing nowt but Asda clothing and Primark!!!:H

Morgen Lav...wie geht es? Ich habe bissen Deutch auch..ein kafee?...rubbish at du ihr sie etc so thats as far as we go!!! :H
    Leg isnt as bad today ..but no doubt I will manage to sort that out!!! Welcome to drop by any time..kid free am ..kid full pm..and what does today bring?

And morning to you the dodgy dreamer!! aka Yah!! and how are you today? still in cloud cuckooland after your dreaming session....:H Me personally I would rather have had the cookies than dream about a man but hey !!!! keep smilin..dont try and be superwoman all at once youre doing great as it is :goodjob:

Mornig Shuesy...how are you? stuck in traffic are you? Snow boots with heels?? now theres a first!!! bet they are red too!!!!

SL...and how are you today?well did your oxo cubes taste ok?hope so..whats your plans for today?anything exciting or working from home?

Morning Rabsy...yes I can see you peeking through the curtains there....well nae posh skool today ..for you back to the waifs and strays is it?

Mornin Det..was going to say how are you...but thats kinda obvious mate! which hurts the most..arm and knee or the fact you bevvied out on a 12 pack??Not a lot you can do about the fall (says the worlds greatest at falling down/over anything) but there is about the booze.....maybe you need to rethink your strategy, cos methinks there are quite a few holes in that one..put it this way..if it was a parachute it would be a one time only!!happy to help you mate if you want

TDN..morning..and are we driving about now?Glad you have got your licence back...does that mean you can drive anywhere? dont know much about your driving laws.Any plans for today?

Hi Cantoo ..how are you/ had you down as away on holiday already oops...enjoy it anyway

Right my charming cherubic chorus..as they say "thats all for today folks"...take care have a great day

A very attractive woman goes up to the bar in a quiet rural pub. She gestures alluringly to the bartender, who comes over immediately.
    When he arrives, she seductively signals that he should bring his face closer to hers. When he does so, she begins to gently caress his full beard.
    "Are you the manager?" she asks, softly stroking his face with both hands.
    "Actually, no" the man replies. "Can you get him for me?" she asks. "I need to speak to him," she says, running her hands beyond his beard and into his hair.
    "I'm afraid I can't", breathes the bartender. "Is there anything I can do?" "Yes, there is. I need you to give him a message" she continues huskily, popping a couple of fingers into his mouth and allowing him to suck them gently.
    "What should I tell him?" the bartender manages to say.
    "Tell him", she whispers, "There is no toilet paper or hand soap in the woman's room."

An Italian, a Scotsman, and a Chinese fellow were hired at a construction site. The foreman pointed out a huge pile of sand and told the Italian guy, "You're in charge of sweeping." To the Scotsman he said, "You're in charge of shoveling." And to the Chinese guy, "You're in charge of supplies."
    He then said, "Now, I have to leave for a little while. I expect you guys to make a dent in that there pile."
    The foreman went away for a of couple hours, and, when he returned, the pile of sand was untouched. He asked the Italian, "Why didn't you sweep any of it?" The Italian replied, "I no hava no broom. You said to the Chinese fella that he a wasa in a charge of supplies, but he hasa disappeared and I no coulda finda him nowhere." Then the foreman turned to the Scotsman and said, "And you, I thought I told you to shovel this pile."
    The Scotsman replied, "Aye, ye did lad, but ah couldnay get meself a shovel! Ye left th' Chinese geezer in charge of supplies, but ah couldnay fin' him either." The foreman was really angry by now and stormed off toward the pile of sand to look for the Chinese guy.

Just then, the Chinese guy jumped out from behind the pile of sand and yelled...

"SUPPLIES!!"

A bloke walks into a pub and sees a sign hanging over the bar that reads, "Cheese sandwich: 0.99; Chicken sandwich: 1.50; H*ndjob: 20.00."
    Checking his wallet for the necessary payment, the man walks up to the bar and beckons to one of the three hot waitresses.
    "Yes?" she inquires with a knowing smile. "Can I help you?"
    "I was wondering," whispers the man. "Are you the one who gives the handjobs?"
    "Yes," she purrs. "Indeed I am."
    The man replies, "Well, go and wash your hands. I want a cheese sandwich!"

A man walks into a bar and notices his friend sitting alone staring at a tiny man on the table playing the piano.
    "Wow, look how small he is, where did you get him?!" Says the man.
    "Oh, well there's this genie round the back of bar, and he grants you whatever wish you want."
    Sure enough, the man goes round the back of the bar and there sits a genie.
    "You grant wishes right?"
    "Yes." replies the genie.
    "Hmm, I'd like a million bucks."
    Then, out of nowhere, a million ducks appear, and waddle behind the annoyed man as he goes back into the bar.
    "Look, that genie gave me ducks instead of bucks!"
    His friends sitting at the table replies,
    "Well yeah, do you really think I asked for a twelve inch pianist?"

Two medical students were walking along the street when they saw an old man walking with his legs spread apart. He was stiff-legged and walking slowly. One student said to his friend: "I'm sure that poor old man has Peltry Syndrome. Those people walk just like that."
    The other student says: "No, I don't think so. The old man surely has Zovitzki Syndrome. He walks slowly and his legs are apart, just as we learned in class."
    Since they couldn't agree they decided to ask the old man. They approached him and one of the students said to him, "We're medical students and couldn't help but notice the way you walk, but we couldn't agree on the syndrome you might have. Could you tell us what it is?"
    The old man said, "I'll tell you, but first you tell me what you two fine medical students think."
    The first student said, "I think it's Peltry Syndrome."
    The old man said, "You thought - but you are wrong."
    The other student said, "I think you have Zovitzki Syndrome."
    The old man said, "You thought - but you are wrong." So they asked him, "Well, old timer, what do you have?"
    The old man said, "I thought it was wind - but I was wrong, too!"

A guy walks into a bar and sees a dog lying in the corner licking his balls. He turns to the bartender and says, "Boy, I wish I could do that."

The Bartender replies, "You'd better try petting him first."

A stranger was seated next to a blonde on the airplane when the stranger turned to her and said, 'Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.
    The blonde, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to the stranger,
    - 'What would you like to talk about?'
    - 'Oh, I don't know, said the stranger. 'How about nuclear power?' and he smiles.
    - OK, ' she said. 'That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first.
    A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass - Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?'
    The stranger, visibly surprised by the blonde's intelligence, thinks about it and says,
    - 'Hmmm, I have no idea....'
    To which the blonde replies,
    - 'Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know shit?'

How to annoy people ..part 2

35. Staple papers in the middle of the page.
    36. Ask 1-800 operators for dates.
    37. Produce a rental video consisting entirely of dire FBI copyright warnings.
    38. Sew anti-theft detector strips into peoples backpacks.
    39. Hide dairy products in inaccessible places.
    40. Write the surprise ending to a novel on its first page.
    41. Set alarms for random times.
    42. Order a side of pork rinds with your filet mignon.
    43. Instead of Gallo, serve Night Train next Thanksgiving.
    44. Publicly investigate just how slowly you can make a ?croaking? noise.
    45. Honk and wave to strangers.
    46. Dress only in clothes colored Hunters Orange.
    47. Change channels five minutes before the end of every show.
    48. Tape pieces of ?Sweating to the Oldies? over climactic parts of rental movies.
    49. Wear your pants backwards.
    50. Decline to be seated at a restaurant, and simply eat their complimentary mints by the cash register.
    51. Begin all your sentences with ?ooh la la!?
    52. ONLY TYPE IN UPPERCASE.
    53. only type in lowercase.
    54. dont use any punctuation either
    55. Buy a large quantity of orange traffic cones and reroute whole streets.
    56. Pay for your dinner with pennies.
    57. Tie jingle bells to all your clothes.
    58. Repeat everything someone says, as a question.
    59. Write ?X ? BURIED TREASURE? in random spots on all of someone?s roadmaps.
    60. Inform everyone you meet of your personal Kennedy assassination/UFO/ O.J Simpson conspiracy theories.
    61. Repeat the following conversation a dozen times: ?Do you hear that?? ?What?? ?Never mind, its gone now.?
    62. Light road flares on a birthday cake.
    63. Wander around a restaurant, asking other diners for their parsley.
    64. Leave tips in Bolivian currency.
    65. Demand that everyone address you as ?Conquistador.?
    66. At the laundromat, use one dryer for each of your socks.
    67. When Christmas caroling, sing ?Jingle Bells, Batman smells? until physically restrained.
    68. Wear a cape that says ?Magnificent One.?
    69. As much as possible, skip rather than walk.
    70. Stand over someone?s shoulder, mumbling, as they read.
    71. Pretend your computer?s mouse is a CB radio, and talk to it.
    72. Try playing the William Tell Overture by tapping on the bottom of your chin. When nearly done, announce ?no, wait, I messed it up,? and repeat.
    73. Drive half a block.
    74. Inform others that they exist only in your imagination.
    75. Ask people what gender they are.
    76. Lick the filling out of all the Oreos, and place the cookie parts back.
    77. Cultivate a Norwegian accent. If Norwegian, affect a Southern drawl.
    78. Routinely handcuff yourself to furniture, informing the curious that you don?t want to fall off ?in case the big one comes?.
    79. Deliberately hum songs that will remain lodged in co-workers brains, such as ?Feliz Navidad?, the Archies ?Suga
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Tues 15 Jan

Morning DAF'ers and Mick thanks for the coffee and the kickoff....Glad to hear the leg is on the mend.

Managed to keep that good mood going all day as per Lav's advice.

Boss not into work yesterday so no decisions on the Community Garden fiasco. Today could prove interesting. Hope we can sort it and get the project moving forward again.

Heat wave has hit the city, +3C (37F) at 5am. Have to look for my paddles before I wade out to the car this morning. :H

Special delivery for Det this morning...:angel:"PPP":angel:

Off to get my second cuppa and have a read in the Army. Have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af day Tues 15 Jan

Mick quote...Yo hippyman..how you doin? can I give you a wee bit of advice? dont know bout in the good ole US of A...................but over here, you go into a library dressed as you describe and find a book on hydroponic gardening....methinks you might be the reciever of an early morning knock on yer door by the boys in blue!!!
        Stick to the bird feeding!!..as for what you have missed in the world..not a lot really,,Mafeking has been relieved, they say a man has landed on the moon, the war is over,Titanic sunk, Englaand won the world cup, Queen Victoria died, one of the Kings buggered off with an American woman called Wallis Simpson...that jist about sums the century up!

I assure you that I get get some strange looks. I think I shall exchange my headband look for a French Barret. Stylish yet it just screams CLASS ACT, don't you think? I never did weed. Actually drugs of any kind always scared the S**T outta me. Good thing cause my life motto is "Anything worth doing is worth over doing"!
        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

af day Tues 15 Jan

Good morning, TT and Mick and all to come!

Thanks so much for the good wishes. I need to get that Interlock installed on Friday before I dare drive. I imagine Barney Fife and his crew are just waiting around to nail me:H

Also decided to go with the educational sales job, as long as some of my requirements are met, which looks very probable. Can always quit in three months is it doesn't pan out and go back to the retail job I had last summer.

TT, the visit from the French friend sounds very nice. I am sorry that you have had such a hard time emotionally since you were a child. I understand, and also understand that the AL just makes everything worse. A few moments of "relief" are not worth all the horrors of where AL takes us. I know where it took me:upset:

CanToo, have a good trip!

Will check in later. Have another project to work on for the educational sales. And maybe a walk later on. It was in the fifties here yesterday, but much colder today.

Have a great AF day, everybody!
          "One day at a time."

Comment

af day Tues 15 Jan

Cross post, PPQ and Hippy!

And Mick, forgot to say how I love those hints on how to annoy people!!! LOL!! A few there I'd like to try!
            "One day at a time."

Comment

af day Tues 15 Jan

:hallo: Hippy...like the French Barret idea, you are a class act

:hallo: TDN...Friday it is and then Freedom. :goodjob:

Mick...I found another Avatar for you...

Comment

af day Tues 15 Jan

Hello, peeps,

Got my work out early AM (cardio + TRX with a mean trainer) so I?m feeling full of beans.

Mick ? Thanks for the coffee, you know how much I cherish it. You?re a wonder with the jokes. Just like KY I thought you?d be running dry at some point.

TT ? that is quite a history you have.

SL ? the touch screen + immediate loss of speed texting are the 2 chief reasons for not changing to the Iphone, like the rest of the world. I have been known to ski and text.

Det ? I really hope you get to feel better and have medical attention following your fall. For what it?s worth this is for you ( and Lilly, who kindly PMed me asked me what happened to me in Nov).

Top 3 precursors for my fail:

Allowing circumstances to rule my schedule and not the other way around - for over a month before the drinking event ? That is too much travel, taking in too much work, eating the wrong thing on too many occasions, missing a few work out slots, very little fresh air. All things done in a rush equaled an annoyed and angry Shue. Whose fault? Mine entirely.

Actively trying to forget the bad times with AL ? I got so wrapped up into positive thinking and moving on, trying to be happy in the moment that I really tried to block out all the bad memories with AL. Big mistake! Fear is not a nice emotion but it is a very effective motivator.

All of this left me open and unprepared for:

? Unexpected new and powerful trigger ? For a week I had undiagnosed tooth pain ? 5 days on advil + 2 on prescription painkillers. I did not sleep much, at night the pain was the worst ? I tried yoga breathing as I have maxed out the pills allowance. I did not drink; I thought about it plenty of times; but I knew I had to stay strong until they figure out what?s wrong and fix it. The following week I had dental work every day. After the last intervention I was assured I was cured and given painkillers for 3 more days. The same night I went to a charity benefit and my dentist came to me with a glass of champagne saying I deserve it for being such a good patient ? I decided to drink it and not take the painkillers. Wrong decision! Painkillers act much faster.
                workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

af day Tues 15 Jan

oh ... hi to TDN ( so happy about the license), Hippy and PPQ - I love that new avatar
                  workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

af day Tues 15 Jan

:hallo: Shue...thanks for sharing your precursors with us. I truly belive Knowledge is Power and your post gives me the power to stay positive....have a great day PPQP

Comment

af day Tues 15 Jan

haha mick those jokes are hilarious today,except i do #53! give me a break i post from my phone,you guys have a great day
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Tues 15 Jan

Good morning Abbers!

Not too cold here after some overnight rain but not a hint of sunlight either, oh well

Greetings TT, Mick, PQ, Hippy, Shue, TDN & all!
                        Det, I'm so sorry that you have hurt yourself. Please get your wounds taken care of & then hop back on the sober train with us.

Mick, I think I've posted this pic in the past but this will give you an idea of my bizarre surroundings :H
                        I pulled into a gas station to fill up my car, look who arrived at the same time :H

Have a great AF Tuesday everyone!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Tues 15 Jan

:hallo: Pauly...had to go look up #53 :H

Have a great day...PPQP

Comment

af day Tues 15 Jan

X-Post Lav ...love the pic. Have a great day...PPQP

Comment

af day Tues 15 Jan

Saying hi - in the corporate office today, so will be behaving!
                              Dang I phone Shue -Ii was also an extreme texter - everything takes so much longer now
                              Will check back later dudes and dudesses! Have a great day!
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                              X