af day Wed 16 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Wed 16 Jan

Kaslo;1445342 wrote: Thanks Kuya, for noticing. Yes it feels very good. I said in the other monthly abs thread that I am the same person but I feel kind of totally replaced, kind of like I am recycled. i have no more of the toxic stuff going on and my ability to cope is completely different, much better of course, in every way. I am embarrassed when I read some of my earliest posts, showing off being silly, etc. But I have come a long way internally. I would not trade this state of body and mind for anything. I could do more in terms of fitness and diet, and all of that but really, the change in my thinking is like another person, much calmer, more grounded, happier, well. And any one who really does get to over a year, they will see this too. It takes a long tme to replace all of that injured physiology and psychology with a sober healthy state. I read the science on it, or I used to, and I see the results in myself. Keep going you guys, it is SO SO SO worth it.

K
    It is a hard thing to accept when your sobriety is still measured in weeks, but two years is what I have heard as the time to reverse the damage.

I drank heavily for 23 years so two years does not seem too high a price really. Would dread losing the time I have though.....as I said here a couple of weeks ago I spat out a liqueur chocolate, bitten into unwittingly, rather than risk all this precious work.

Comment

af day Wed 16 Jan

OK this is a post I wrote yesterday but couldn't find where I'd saved it, so apologies for being out of synch; just adding to the confusion here :H

Hi Abs
      Managed to read back so, in no particular order (except the awry randomness of my befuddled brain!):
      Kuya ? Spitting out a liqueur choc once would have seemed ridiculous to me, as was worrying about alcohol in cooking, but I understand that now (particularly if you?re going skinny dipping!)
      Kaslo ?Congrats on your almost 2 years; I?m in for a trip to your neck of the woods for the par-tay! (I?m a year and a couple of days behind you!).
      Det ? hope you?re back safe and sound. (sorry, I updated on today's post :l)
      Mick ? How?s the bahoochie? Does your wife know numerous strange women from across the globe are asking after your derriere? Loved the jokes and even remembered a few to retell.
      TT ? would you be sea or river-kayaking? Fiordland or Marlborough Sounds would be a wonderful place to do that; Wellington/the Cook Straight ? not so much! And no strain on your ankles!
      RC ? Was tempted to jump in with dolphin, but I?d already humiliated myself by falling out kayak on dry land as we were setting them up.
      YAH ? how?s the Zumba?
      Catbuddy ? thanks for letting me know I?m not alone with this continual exhaustion! But you seem to be exuding energy ? another zumba gal; looks waaaay to complicated for me!
      TDN ? congrats on the licence.
      Lavande ? loved the photo. I recall an issue with an Amish family and puppy farming; that?s the extent of my knowledge!
      Hi PPQP (not sure how many Ps you have now) and CanToo (sorry I get you two mixed up, must be the talk of snow)
      Hi to SF, SL, Hippyman, Shue, Paulyw, LillyE, Nurdl and everyone else (Gawd Mick how do you do this every morning!! Respect (as they say!)
      Off to read back again. :nutso:

Comment

Working...
      X