af day Sat 19 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Sat 19 Jan

kuya;1446667 wrote: Years ago my therapist said that I drank back my anger. Lots of people do it......we even talk of 'swallowing your anger'.

If it is safe to do try to let the right people have it, otherwise you hurt yourself by drinking or innocent bystanders through frustration.

I have learnt over time NOT to do this ( you may have noticed ) if someone gives me shit I will deal with it ...... nothing and no one threatens my quit if I can safely avoid it.
    YES - so true. I've already thanked a certain person here for embracing anger I threw their way of late. I wouldn't advocate doing this, but kuya makes a darn good point - that we may be feeling feelings we downed through AL and need to find how best to deal with these feelings AF... I wonder whether the longer we are AF the broader our shoulders become and the easier to deal with uncomfortable feelings are? Hope so.

Mick - at work today. During term time I work Saturday's at the main job... 6-day weeks here I'm afraid... (skiving momentarily to check in of course!)

have a lovely Saturday folks. See youse later...

Comment

af day Sat 19 Jan

Well said Lav...hope ya didnt mean literally run into her !!!!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Sat 19 Jan

Brilliant post once again Mick. Love the how to annoy suggestions. You always start my day off with a smile. Have a good one yourself.
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

af day Sat 19 Jan

Very quick checkin, beautiful clear sunny COLD day here - went into sitting room Lav, where sun was pouring in and saw all the dust bunnies playing happily, so ran to other side of house - going to leave them to it and take myself out for a good long walk today - will check back in later and chat some more - LOVE UNHUNG SAT mornings:l:l:l
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Sat 19 Jan

I forgot to ask YahYah what she's driving today......
            If I do find her I promise I won't hurt her Mick :H :H

Yeah SL, I vacuumed & mopped floors for a while then stopped. The dust started making me sneeze. I said DUST Mick ~ not PEPPER :H

Hey Nurdl, hope you are staying warm! I hear the Canadians are sending their artic air down our way. The winds have really picked up, that's for sure!

RC, working guy! Hope you are having a good day.

Time to make some coffee I think
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Sat 19 Jan

Morning abbers

Det hope you're well this am!
              Kuya - I don't have a middle ground between not particularly caring what people do and then venting with multiple expletives at the other; and, as you said, at the wrong people :H
              Did you feel the earthquake last night? My in-laws there say Akk never gets anything serious

Mick - I'm guessing calling the PM a snowman is not a compliment

Hi Cinders:welcome:

You've got it sussed now Lav; though I reckon the dog hair and dust bunnies will take care of themselves - open the doors when there's a good breeze :H

Anyway, back on my even keel this morning; heading out for breakfast by the river then trying to get a new security camera and set it up. We had a great Scoutmaster one (the kind that hunters use) but it got waterlogged, so I bought one to connect to the net yesterday, spent hours trying to connect to our phones, etc, only to discover we don't have androids. Whodda thunk? I'm returning it to a different branch to avoid the "here's-another-old-neanderthal-fart" eye-rolling from the young staff:H

Hi to everyone and have fun :hi:

Comment

af day Sat 19 Jan

scottish lass;1446818 wrote: Very quick checkin, beautiful clear sunny COLD day here - went into sitting room Lav, where sun was pouring in and saw all the dust bunnies playing happily, so ran to other side of house - going to leave them to it and take myself out for a good long walk today - will check back in later and chat some more - LOVE UNHUNG SAT mornings:l:l:l
                Yay for SL......leave the dust bunnies and go live. Any body who doesn't like you cos of your dust bunnies shouldn't be in your life IMO.

Having a happy, unhung Sunday, with dust bunnies a plenty

Comment

af day Sat 19 Jan

Naw Blondie, slept like a baby. Have felt a couple of tremors in the ten years I have been here, felt more like a large truck going past.
                  Got more risk of a volcano in Auckland TBH.

Glad your equilibrium has returned

Comment

af day Sat 19 Jan

Good Evening all (night, morning, afternoon as it applies)
                    So got a good walk in, it was lovely - lots of birds (woodpeckers and kingfishers, and hawks). I will try to attach photo, not the best, trying to learn to use new phone! You should see almond orchards, vineyards, the river and way in the distance the snow capped mountains! Sat with my face to the sun for a while afterwards
                    I came home and chased some of the dust bunnies with the vacuum, managed to catch a couple, was hoping to sneeze a few times but that didn't happen - I have been told that I don't try hard enough:H
                    Mick - burns night - don't think I will be cooking a traditional supper - never had it without a wee dram or two, but that aside not sure I can buy a haggis here and for sure, I am not going to make one! Maybe I will just read a poem?
                    Having a tougher weekend than I was ready for - and managed to realise it is because we are getting back to normal after winter break and back to old routines. Easy to think that oh its that time...but fairly easily managing to surf the wave and continue along. It was going a little easily, so I am not suprised that that hasn't continued for ever!
                    Good to see everyone today and having good productive Saturdays. Thanks for all being here, see you tomorrow :l Attached files [img]/converted_files/2033678=7336-attachment.jpg[/img]
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                    X