Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Monday 28 Jan

Hi All
    Cinders so true in knowing what to expect. After we stop pouring the al down our throats it is the reality of life we have to deal with. Knowing some of the things to expect can make a difference. Yes it did seem to me that there were down periods I experienced around the times they said to expect them. Real (paws) or not I expected some rough periods and dealt with them as part of recovery and that they would not last forever.
    Always start the day off with this tread. My way of staying connected with a program.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF. 5-16-08
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Comment

af day Monday 28 Jan

Cinders;1452216 wrote: One of the reasons I have broached the subject of PAWS on this thread is what you just alluded to, RC.

Many of us will be on a wild roller coaster ride as we stay sober and that will last for a while. It is good to be forewarned and therefore forearmed that these things can and do happen to many people as they become sober. (Not all, I know very well.)

If you expect some of these things, you will be much better off in dealing with it without turning to the @#$!@#$ poison.

Cindi
      Yep, agree Cindi. I think we do need to forewarn ourselves that it wont all be a bed of roses. To keep reminding ourselves that there are 'down' days/times and that these wont last forever. For me, I don't know whether these are - or later down the track may be - PAWS, but I do expect them. (As much as I hope for the 'ups'!). Life has down as much as it has up days and neither need poison.

Comment

af day Monday 28 Jan

Happy Monday!!! :wavin:

Did I hear a picture request? Now, this trip was not on my top favorite vacations (not enough movement for me), but here's a few. The March trip will be much better.

And of course a couple from home...

Now... RC are you still cold???

:happy: to be home.

Let's see what's new? Giving hot yoga another try tonight. Too much family stress for me to sit and stew so I'll stay busy with movement. NO KY not that kind of movement. Ugh nor that kind either.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2041118=7358-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2041118=7359-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2041118=7360-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2041118=7361-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2041118=7362-attachment.jpg[/img]
        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Monday 28 Jan

CT - got pics from the skiing under the moonlit sky?!

Comment

af day Monday 28 Jan

LOL sure do but they're not very good.... The lights you see are headlamps, not the moon.

K, back to work for me RC. Attached files [img]/converted_files/2041138=7364-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2041138=7365-attachment.jpg[/img]
            AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Monday 28 Jan

:hallo: DAF'ers...

Quick checkin...busy days. Things should settle down soon and I'll be back to posting regularly.

Want to say CONGRATS ON 6 MONTHS CanToo, Mick's little white flag smilie brought back memories :H

Be safe all....PPQP

Comment

af day Monday 28 Jan

Hi
                SL - hang in there! You too Det - nice to see you and glad you're still employed.
                Great photos CanToo.
                YaH - glad one of my photos turned out! How's the zumba?
                Cindi - scary stuff from last year for you. I hope it "clicks" this time. Glad the party went well. Does you mum still recognise you/family?

Am off to see a naturopath for my constant lack of energy/exhaustion. Thought I'd try that route before seeing my doctor. I'm hoping an extra large shot of Vit B will help (thanks Molly/Kuya) but will see what they say.

Hi Kuya, RC, Caysea, PPQP, Lav, Kas, Turn and Mick. Look forward to seeing you all in Tuesday - sun is shining, so all's well!

Comment

af day Monday 28 Jan

Hi Det.....good to have you back. Hope you are making headway.

SL .......DON'T YOU DARE USE WHATEVER IS HAPPENING WITH YOUR DAUGHTER AS A REASON TO DRINK.
                  If she needs therapy she NEEDS a mother present and sober to help her. Right now this is NOT about you, this is about HER.

Both my son and daughter have had counselling for different matters.....this is a sign that we are trying to be a functional family rather than a secretive, dishonest dysfunctional one.

Comment

af day Monday 28 Jan

Tough, but very sound words Kuya.
                    I have put these also in my memory bank.

Comment

Working...
                    X