Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Tues 29 Jan

Morning Abby people.
    Excuse sticky fingers as I type with eggy hands (having an egg on Vogels toast this morning - don't think the chickens mind!). Kuya - I will leave it to you to elucidate our readers about the wonders of Vogels toast (no - she did not have to eat it first to emigrate here - but she did have to imitate the sounds of our indigenous birds - more on that later folks!) And we take the oldies (ie over 45) only if they are good looking and sexy - I am definitely telling fibs here - not about Kuya but about our immigration rules......

I enjoyed the variety of posts yesterday (still today for most of you I know). Caysea -So glad that the threads give you a quick daily connect with the real world - one that is AF.

Cinders - your health history sounds horrendous - but you seem really determined to prevent poison from slipping down your throat this time - and frying your intestines and your brain. Hang on in there - you coped with all the family demands this past weekend - which is no small task - and you did it without the dreaded blot-out-the- hassle- muck. (I said muck not Mick!!!!).
    SL - you can do it too - scared me to read that your 14 year old will see a therapist - hope she is OK and gets the support she needs. I have a 14 year old daughter so empathise muchly.

Greetings to everyone else who posted yesterday. Good to see you check in Det.

Now the birds- The rationale behind gradually not replacing pet cats (which I do not support by the way) is that in NZ we have a very serious problem with declining numbers of native birds (and lizards and some other creatures). Cats do kill them but so too do dogs, rats, humans and general deforestation plus most species of birds were extinct by the beginning of the 20th century. A well known entrepenuer/conservation type person suggests we don't replace pet cats - but this is horrible and the whole thing is far more complex.

I am going to dash now - before I loose this thread (puns for breakfast everyone!) - oh, hi there Blondie - hope you are away from the floods (yes, now Australia has awful floods after the fires) - see that its flooding in the UK too.
    Nice warm (but not deathly hot) summer day here

Cheerio!

af day Tues 29 Jan

Morning Treetops

No flooding on this side of the Nullarbor; still a sunburnt country here and heating up again as the week progresses.

Must dash to find a plumber today; thought our blocked sewer would "fix itself" when we were away last week, but it's worse. What a surprise :H

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Comment

af day Tues 29 Jan

It's working when I test and preview, so really, really last time I try!! (And after all that effort, it's a crappy, hazy photo, but it's a view of Perth - obviously not your Perth, RC, don't think the Tay looks like that )

Am now mentally buggered. Will relax by listening to sharp intakes of breath from plumber.

Comment

af day Tues 29 Jan

Lovely view Blondie.

Haha TT .... Vogels bread....I have wheat intolerance so none for me.

Actually Mick....I got let in as an asylum leaver ! .......work it out ! :H:H:H

Another hot day, not too busy at work, couple of hours off.....hummm swim now, swim later....decisions, decisions.

Sleep well my lovelies up north

KY

Comment

af day Tues 29 Jan

Yes, a little on the early side here for me, but what the heck!

Blondie, that is a beautiful view; thank you for sharing it. Anything with a water view works well for me. I hope your plumbing problems will soon be history. It is not completely impossible that a stopped up line will work its way out, so I can't blame you for hoping the problem disappeared while you were away.

TT, I completely understand the wish to preserve native birds, etc. In the more urban/suburban areas of the US, people are being encouraged to keep their dogs and cats indoors, and I completely subscribe to this. I have kept my cats indoors for 30 years now, excepting my Peaches, who was a stray and makes a complete pain in the ass of himself if he doesn't get out for a little while every day. What kind of birds are in your avatar, by the way? They are so beautiful. I would love to have a bird, except that I do have 4 cats at this time.

Sounds like a lovely day, Kuya. I hope you get to rest and have your swim.

My sleep pattern seems to be changing; as I am staying up later and sleeping later. I am turning into a night owl. I'm lucky that being self-employed allows this, since my normal working hours are usually from about 11am to 7pm. I think this is because of no longer drinking. Hell, who wouldn't fall asleep at 9-10pm after drinking a bottle of wine?

At any rate, I look forward to reading posts in the morning. Sometimes there is so much going on that I feel overwhelmed to respond, even though I am always happy to read of the goings on in everyone's lives.

SL, I am a psychotherapist, btw, so feel free to PM me if you have any concerns about counseling for your daughter. It takes courage to get your kids the help they may need, and I'm glad that you are doing so.

Anyway, Mick, Lav, CanToo, PPQP, Det, RC and all, good morning!

Oh, and today is 6 weeks smoke-free and almost to 6 months AF. I'm feeling good about all of that!

Hugs,
          :l
          YahYah
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Tues 29 Jan

Blondie - love the picture.

YaH. Congrats on the smoking. Hmmm. The 5th eh?

Have a good day you down unders. And that's for looking for our plane.

CT (sleepy after hot yoga).
            AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

af day Tues 29 Jan

still hanging in there. AF but still sick. dealling with some serious depression and sadness and it's pretty debilitating. great job on the AF and NF time YAH!
              love to everyone
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Tues 29 Jan

Det - thinking of you. Lots of hugs.:l
                CanToo - read about the plane but they're not looking for bodies till next spring? Won't it be more difficult then, seeing as it is summer now?
                Hot Yoga. Seriously? :H
                Yah - Congrats on milestones - are you reaping the benefits of being smoke free now?

Plumber been and gone and worth every penny.

Comment

af day Tues 29 Jan

Morning Affers

Quick pop in - got the docs this morning about me tiredness... which today is caused in part by not-so-great nights sleep which is caused, I believe, but too much coffee yesterday morning (5 cups, not 2 :wow. Then orf to work - long day as office during the day then 3 hours teaching tonight. Bleh.

Det - thinking of you too :l

Blondie - you live in Perth?! I know a number of peeps that live there. One in particular who lives on Shakespeare Street in Leederville. Never been to Oz meself, but plan to get there (and NZ) someday soon.

CT - hot yoga?! I need to join your exercise regime, what with skiing under a moonlit sky and then hot yoga, I'm simply jealous. (Though I'm not quite sure what hot yoga is!)

YaH - awesome with the smokes. When I gave up smoking a close friend said "you're still a smoker cos you're counting the days since you last had a cigarette" I gave up nearly 5 years ago, and no longer count the days - but it took the first year to really nail that... to ever classify myself as a smoker now seems ridiculous. I am looking at AL in a similar way... Looking forward to the day I view AL as I do smokes.

See youse later...

Comment

af day Tues 29 Jan

mornin all ..how are you? just had a quick zoom about the boards..and tiredness seems to be the biggy at the moment..tiredness and lethargy (or cba syndrome..cant be arsed!)Wonder what that is ,that it affects so many people from so many parts of the world? seasonal, climatic, could it even be copycat..you see someone has got it and subconsciously develop it yourself....who knows
                    Me? slept like a log last night..a real good sleep.Anyway on we go

Tea and coffee available..no energy drinks at the mo ..sorry!!

Morning Lav..how are you? Usual cup of coffee.Hows the weather for you? got ice and snow still?All ours is gone now..just loads of water instead.Just read this post of yours....Taking care of those grandkids is exhausting but pure joy
                    I have three, the oldest just turned 4 & they are a workout!!!!
                    So worth maintaining your health & sobriety for though.....

very nice remark indeed... you know I cannot ever imagine in you in any other position than being in charge of your life..far less a booze slave, but I guess you could say that about any of us especially those "on public show" for want of better words...and when you think about it,how many times did we all say to ourselves that no-one would notice...really??? the stinking breath or the mint /garlic breath ,bloodshot eyes etc..who were we kidding???

Morning Cinders..how are you today?put those cakes away ..I am trying to lose weight!!!!! mmmm.
                    Glad you see a change in yourself this time with your quitting..this time its the real one ..you cant keep putting yourself through the same crap as you did before..so cmon enjoy the party!!! and the grandkids and the baking..all hangover free!!

Morning YAH...doin fine how are you? what you been up to?well done on the no smoking trail :goodjob:

morning Rabsy..you ok mate apart from being tired ? Its all that rhyming literacy..its fried your bonce !!

Morinig Det...how are you today....one day at a time mate ..youre doin ok

Hiya Caysea.. .you ok?Interesting that you always start the day with this thread...just asking the question..why is that..and I wonder how many others do the same?
                    Must be quite a few..the posts and the views no where near tally up.Any plans for today? whatever have a good one

Mornin Cantoo and how are you today?Some nice pics there ..thanks for sharing..

Hiya ppqp and how are you today? busy times is it?hows the garden project coming along?..have you found a designer yet?Hows the domestic front..or is that all on hold till March? have a good day

Hiya treetops..jeez by the time I had got here..there were 8 posts on the Tuesday thread..do you lot not sleep??: How are you? How did you enjoy your eggs on vogels..whatever the hell they are!! my guess is toast of some kind. what are you up to today ..apart from writing tomorrows post :H..have a good one

Blondey...we cant call you that any more ..youre smart enough to down load the piccy.Nice pic too..looks a bit warmer and not so dour as the Perth back home!!
                    Tradsmen the world over...sharp intake of breath followed by a "dont quote me on this missus but I think (purses lips and exhales making a whistling sound)" thats the international working code for this is gonna cost you a fortune ..get a bank loan!!

Morning Kuya how are you this afternoon? wow all those decisions whether to go swimming or not? Now asylum leaver..think I have worked it out..hope you dont mind me talking out loud on here..
                    You went to NZ..on a skills base as a couple..on a skills basis..or was it the 2 mill?:H,
                    so when you split up with your other half ,technically that no longer applied..so you had to apply on your own.That was agreed, hence you were given leave to stay..is Sherlock right ..or miles away?

Right peeps offski..have a good one everybody

A young man goes into a drug store to buy condoms.
                    The pharmacist says the condoms come in packs of 3, 9 or 12 and asks which the young man wants.
                    ?Well,? he said, ?I?ve been seeing this girl for a while and she?s really hot. I want the condoms because I think tonight?s ?the? night. We?re having dinner with her parents, and then we?re going out. And I?ve got a feeling I?m gonna get lucky after that.?
                    ?Once she?s had me, she?ll want me all the time, so you?d better give me the 12 pack.?
                    The young man makes his purchase and leaves.
                    Later that evening, he sits down to dinner with his girlfriend and her parents. He asks if he might give the blessing and they agree. He begins the prayer, but continues praying for several minutes.
                    The girl leans over to him and says, ?You never told me that you were such a religious person.?
                    The boy leans over to her and whispers, ?You never told me that your father is a pharmacist.?

One day a man was walking along the beach and found a bottle. He looked around and didn?t see anyone so he opened it. A genie appeared and thanked the man for letting him out.
                    The genie said, ?For your kindness I will grant you a wish, but only one.?
                    The man thought for a minute and said, ?I have always wanted to visit Hawaii but have never been able to because I?m afraid of flying and ships make me seasick. So I wish for a road to be built from here to Hawaii.?
                    The genie thought for a minute and said, ?No, I don?t think I can do that. Just think of all the work involved: the pilings needed to hold up the highway, how deep they would have to be to reach the bottom of the ocean. Think of all the pavement that would be needed. No, that is just too much to ask.?
                    The man thought for a minute and then told the genie, ?Well, there is one other thing that I have always wanted. I would like to be able to understand my girlfriend. What makes her laugh and cry, why is she temperamental, why is she so difficult to get along with? Basically, what makes her tick??
                    The genie considered for a few minutes and said, ?So, do you want two lanes or four??

An older, white haired man walked into a jewelry store one Friday evening with a beautiful young gal at his side. He told the jeweler he was looking for a special ring for his girlfriend.The jeweler looked through his stock and brought out a $5,000 ring and showed it to him. The old man said, ?I don?t think you understand, I want something very special.?
                    At that statement, the jeweler went to his special stock and brought another ring over.
                    ?Here?s a stunning ring at only $40,000,? the jeweler said.
                    The young lady?s eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled with excitement.
                    The old man seeing this said, ?We?ll take it.?
                    The jeweler asked how payment would be made and the old man stated by check. ?I know you need to make sure the check is good, so I?ll write it now and you can call the bank on Monday to verify the funds and I?ll pick the ring up Monday afternoon,? he said.
                    Monday morning, a very teed-off jeweler phoned the old man. ?There?s no money in that account.?
                    ?I know?, said the old man, ?but can you imagine the weekend I had??

A farmer goes out and buys a new, young rooster. As soon as he brings him home, the
                    young rooster rushes and screws all 150 of the farmers hens. The farmer is impressed.
                    At lunchtime, the young rooster again screws all 150 hens. The farmer is not just impressed anymore,he is worried. Next morning,not only is the rooster screwin?g the hens but he is screwing the turkeys,ducks even the cow.
                    Later farmer looks out into the barnyard and finds the rooster stretched out, limp as a rag, his eyes closed, dead and vultures circling overhead.
                    The farmer runs out, looks down at the young roosters limp body and says: ?You deserved it, you horny bastard!?
                    And the young rooster opens one eye, points up at the vultures with his wing, and says, Shhhh!,they are about to land.?

A guy with bright blue, green and orange color hair was standing at a bus stop.
                    Few moments later an elderly man stood near him and kept staring at him hard.
                    Annoyed by the stares the guy asked him, ?Wotz up oldie! Never done something wild??
                    To this the old man replied, ?Yeah,I f*cked a peahen once and I?m wondering if you are my son.?

Paul, a senior official in his company, walked into a London bank and asked to see the loan?s manager.
                    He said he was going to America on business for two weeks and needed to borrow ?10,000 [$19,000USD]. The loan manager said that the bank would need some collateral for such a loan.
                    Paul immediately handed over the keys of a Mercedes that was parked on the street in front of the bank. Everything checked out and the loan officer accepted the car as security for the loan.
                    An employee then drove the Mercedes into the bank?s underground garage and parked it there. Two weeks later the Paul returned, repaid the ?10,000 and the interest, which amounted to some ?9.41 [$18USD].
                    The loan officer said, ?We do appreciate your business and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a bit puzzled. While you were away we checked and found that you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is why you would bother to borrow ?10,000??
                    With a broad grin Paul responded, ?Where else in London can I park my car for two weeks for less than ?10??

Take large objects on the train with you.
                    Sing songs. Start a round with everyone on the train.
                    Eat onions and garlic and talk to the people next to you.
                    Sell stuff.
                    Stand in front of the doorway and glare at people when they try to get by.
                    Yell to your friends at the other end of the train.
                    Make fun of other people while they are in hearing distance of you.
                    Ride the train while drunk. Extra points if you throw up.
                    Constantly ask people for directions.
                    Ask people where they are from.
                    Ask people where they are going.
                    Quiz people on the meaning of life.
                    Start a game of poker. Extra points if it's strip poker.
                    Start a game of tag. Extra points if it's strip tag.
                    Start a game of twister.
                    Use a cell phone. Talk loudly.
                    Turn your headphones up to 120 decibels and then complain loudly that they just don't make headphones loud enough anymore.
                    Shake off your umbrella on the people sitting down.
                    Shake off your hair on the people sitting down.
                    Ring out your shirt on the people sitting down. Even on days when it's not raining. Make them wonder where it all came from.
                    Ring out the shirt of the person sitting next to you.
                    Bring a pet. Preferable a rattlesnake. Without a cage.
                    Juggle eggs.
                    Juggle knives.
                    Don't take a shower for a month.
                    Stick your feet way out into the aisles when sitting down. Extra points if you're wearing clown shoes.
                    Tell the people your problems. They really want to know.
                    Start line dancing. Even when there's no music.
                    Use the shoulder of the person next to you to take a nap.
                    Use the shoulder of the person next to you to blow your nose.
                    Use the shoulder of the person next to you to cry.
                    Have deep philosophical conversations about belly button lint.
                    Play an accordion for money. Make people pay you to stop.
                    Jump up and down muttering "gotta go, gotta go" then frown and say "oops."
                    Use pennies in the turnstile.
                    Where a Burger King crown and tell everyone that they must bow before royalty. Hit those who don't.
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Tues 29 Jan

Yah .....so impressed with your smoking triumph.....I STILL procrastinate

Det .... The pain will ease now the source is being addressed. Some things must be gone through as they cannot be gone round.:l:l

Mick.......miles off.
                      You can enter NZ as an asylum seeker.......coming from the UK I reckon I was an asylum leaver! :H

Cantoo.....hot yoga sounds faintly....well....rude downward dog whilst sweating profusely

Arsey ......good luck at the doctors, get full blood work and don't get fobbed off with happy pills......docs LURVE their happy pills.

Right orf for a wander.....laters....

KY

Comment

af day Tues 29 Jan

Day 1 here......if I keep the depression at bay....I will be great.
                        "If you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove. " ~ Timothy Leary :h

Comment

af day Tues 29 Jan

Morning TT...thanks for the coffee and I think I'll pass on the Vogel Bread....Vogel?s Bread is a Kiwi enigma. Part bread, part muesli, and part vegetarian meatloaf....but I do understand why you eat it...In fact it takes so long to toast Vogel?s bread, that it is, in New Zealand, a perfectly legitimate (and commonly used) excuse, when arriving late for work, so simply state, ?Yeahnah, sorry mate, I had Vogels for breakfast, you know??. Universally accepted, it?s good for tardiness of up to 11am, and is much less likely to get you the sack than some of the better known classics, including; ?Child with Meningitis?, and ?Messy Divorce...:H

Morning Blondie...glad your plumbing's sorted. Nice pic...see what happens when you don't give up.

Morning KY...hope you have an Easy...Peasy...Day...
                          a pic of your pool is in order me thinks. Jealous here, love to swim. When my twin and I were younger my Mom had us enrolled in swimming lessons. The instructor told her we were Olympic Material...last lesson we ever had! (To put it in perspective we were #'s 4 & 5 of 8 kids!)

Morning YahYah...I remember when my sleeping paterns started to get sorted. What a difference that made. Still have the odd "didn't sleep at all last night" but who doesn't. Hope you don't mind but I'm going to file you under "Psycho Help" for future reference.

Morning CT...You getting everyone hot & bothered this morning?? Thought of KY everytime I saw New Zealand on the rescue map. Ken Borek was a dear friend of the family before he was killed by a drunk driver. Heartbreaking what the staff is going through.

Morning Det
                          ...thinking of you...:angel:"PPP"
                          :angel:

Morning RC
                          ...at least you won't be 3 hours early today. :H Let us know how it goes at the Doc's. Any "breakthroughs" muchly appreciated.

Morning Mick
                          ...thanks for the coffee, I can use it! Yup got the designer lined up and it looks like we're going with Feb 16th as our kickoff date. Organizing a date/time for first meeting has been a challenge but I cased it. As for the domestic front, Friday is the deadline for them to agree to arbitration. Fingers crossed!

Morning Gratefultrace
                          and :welcome:...let us help you with keeping that depression at bay. May not be able to cure it but Mick's jokes help to set the tone for the day.

Off to get cup #2 and start breakie...have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af day Tues 29 Jan

Good morning Abbers!

Woke up to a cloudy & foggy day but the temps are rising so yesterday's frozen mess should completely melt away

Greetings to everyone a a big Congrats to YahYah!
                            I don't count my smoke free days but Quitnet does. Today is day 1351 for me
                            I still say quitting smoking has been THE hardest thing ever for me but I am so grateful!

Hello & welcome to gratefultrace!
                            Be sure you drop in the Newbies nest thread for lots of support just starting out.
                            Kicking depression & keeping it out of my life has been the deal maker for me as well. Getting AL out of your life is a huge help. Using the MWO Hypno CDs everyday for a year or more really sealed the deal for me

Det, what are you doing to manage your depression buddy? We all know from experience that we just can't wish it away :l I hope you see the light very soon.

I hope everyone has a terrific AF Tuesday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Tues 29 Jan

Hiall, poring down with rain here at the moment ..got a bit done in the garden tho this morning...with the rabbits helping!!!!Just a quickie...wont be starting the threads for a wee while to come...got some things I need to get on with....Will still be jumpin in and out the odd time...Im sure that Tree will be able to fix the early starts!!!
                              Oh and there is a big pot o coffee on the go for you Lav !!!!

cya
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                              X