Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly AA Thread - Feb. 3 - 10

Everyone:

My husband & I took a long car trip adventure...visiting various family members around the country. We were gone for almost a month. It was wonderful! We kept our sense of humor & went to meetings wherever we were.

I read the last AA entry from January in the Abs Forum. I know I am powerless over alcohol. I cannot take a single drink, because that would cause my downward spiral...unmanageable is putting mildly what happens to my life if I drink.

Now that we're into Feb. I will work Step 2 along w/Step 1. I'm 100% sure I need a higher power to restore me to sanity, as I tried on my own & failed. I know I was insane while drinking. All I have to do is look at how crazy my behavior was while drinking (i.e. lying, hiding, betrayal, etc. etc.). Thank God I don't have to live like that now.

It's good to be home & back at MWO. Today is my 4 month anniversary...after my relapse. I feel strong & committed. 90/90 worked well in getting me back on track.

Hope all is well w/the regulars here.

Love, mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Congratulations on 4 months Mary.
    How were the meetings on your trip?
    I really enjoy the out of town meeting adventure.
    Love and Peace,
    Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Welcome back, Mary!
      You were missed!
      xxx

Comment

I had a business trip in Denver last week and went to a meeting there. It was fun! But, it was not like being home.....
        I just won't anymore

Comment

All:

No, meetings away from home are not like my home groups, but they are a great way to keep AA in my life. It's like walking into a room of strangers & walking out w/some new friends. I especially enjoyed the groups in my son's small Texas town. Those are the groups that brought about his sobriety, so I hold them close to my heart.

One AA learning experience: While in FL visiting my mother, there was a women's group I was anxious to go to. However, when I got there, I was left sitting alone for a good 10 mins before the meeting began. I wasn't approached afterwards either. Everyone knew each other & talked amongst themselves. My learning from that: NEVER let a newcomer sit alone w/no one to talk to. I'm an AA veteran, & I felt uncomfortable. I can only imagine how a real AA newcomer would have felt.

It's been great seeing my AA friends here. They missed me, & I really missed them.

Take care one & all.

Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
          X