Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Tues 5 Feb

Hi Fabbies!

TT, MWO is such a good alternative to AA--offering many of the same benefits without the dogma. I have recommended it to friends and clients, but people have to be ready. Maybe when we are ready, this causes the middle of the night search (often while drinking) that helps many of us all stumble onto this site. JackieClaire, your doctor is sure not the norm, and I'm so glad that he told you about MWO.

Mick, my background is really very American. My dad's parents were German immigrants who came before WWI. My mom's family has been here since the early 1800's. So we're American. My dad did fight in WWII in Italy as a fighter pilot for the US Air Force. At any rate, they met at work in Philadelphia; she was a draftsman, and he was an aeronautical engineer. How romantic! LOL My mother was certainly Scotch/Irish though--a red head who was fiery and thrifty. Sorry to sound maudelin about your trip. I do miss you when you're away, but it never occurred to me that you weren't coming back!

Anyway, I'm not sure what the conflict is about, and it's probably best that I don't. I just hope the involved people are able to resolve it.

Cinders, hang in there with hubby being away. :h Cleaning up will be a wonderful way to surprise him. I hope that, at some point, you can learn to cherish your alone time. When my ex used to travel, I was a wreck at first, but I eventually learned to enjoy it and do my own thing. Ten days was about my max though. Sending hugs.

Hi blondie, hope everything is going your way these days.

Kuya, our resident TV personality! I agree not all those chooks might be as cooperative as Stella; she's a leader among hens. I would imagine that it could get pretty boring on your end as the celeb, though. VG idea about having kids 10 years apart. I never would have thought of that, but it sure works out! '

My sister and I will be up in PA painting the house for the whole weekend. Can't tell you how much I'm NOT looking forward to that. It will save me several hundred $$$ though, so I can't whine about it. I can't wait to sell this house! I will say that getting things moving has had a positive impact on me. I'm sleeping again and the cravings have disappeared.

Did you get any snow last night, Lav? We were supposed to, but nada....zilch...

Anyway hi to everyone who comes later, I have to get to my monthy billings and catch up on paperwork.

Hi Cat, cross-posted! So glad you are enjoying your runs.

Hugs,
    :l
    YahYah
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Tues 5 Feb

Shoot! I forgot. Six months today for me!

Comment

af day Tues 5 Feb

Wow, congratulations, YahYah! Six months is a wonderful milestone. It is always so nice to read your posts, and thank you for coming back here to contribute.

Cat
        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Tues 5 Feb

The feelings are mutual, Cat.

Comment

af day Tues 5 Feb

Morning again abbers

Mick - I used to love being able to jet off at the drop of a hat; so many options when you're "up there". Nice weather isn't all it's cracked up to be :H Therein ends my whingeing for the day
            YaH - congratulations on 6 months!!:goodjob:
            Kuya - do you get a mention in the credits:H Cooling down here at nights which is great.

Hi Jackie - gem of a doctor you have there!

Hi Lav, Cat (look forward to a pic of your part of the world - I can ask of others now I've gotten the hang of uploading pics ), SL, SF Pauly, RC and everyone.

Comment

af day Tues 5 Feb

Just home from the filming ...boy am I tired.

Was great fun though and met some cool new people with plans to get together socially.

Thought for the day ' always rise to a chance to do something new, who knows where that door might lead, and if it is not for you, just close it again.'

Comment

af day Tues 5 Feb

Very quick check in - doing just fine today, back on track without too much terror and feel so mcuh better - it never ceases to amaze me how I managed to function if I felt that bad all the time!!!
                Meeting day at work and off next few evenings to informative sessions for my youngest to decide which shcool to attend next year - we have to chose from 6 or 7 - crazy system!! and this is just 2 years of middle school.....such stress and worry for me and for her as well...
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Tues 5 Feb

YahYah, CONGRATS to you on your 6 months AF :wd:
                  Makes a huge difference, huh? Keep going, never look back
                  Yes, there was another light coating of snow last night & one tonight as well. Just lucky I guess :H

SL, glad you are feeling better today. Don't overy worry the kid stuff, OK?
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X