Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for name for new AA meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We want to start a new meeting in my area. We have a Step meeting, a Big Book one, a general one, and a newcomers... So we thought of having a gathering where people can come with questions. Not the usual "no cross talk". I had lots of wuestions in the beginning about the program, Steps, etc...
    Let me know what you think?
    SIX months today for me... So grateful xxx

How about 'talking the walk'

Well done on your six months! Yay for you

CONGRATULATIONS

Comment

6 months Solitaire - that is great stuff!

Comment

Solitaire...well done on your 6 months ..
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hey Mick...Sol and I are in chat....come join us!
          Sober for the Revolution!
          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

how about OUR WAY OUT
            I just won't anymore

Comment

Sol: First, congratulations on your 6 months...half a year of sobriety...good for you.

As far as a new AA group: I feel that the traditional format is best. My husband & I recently took a trip across country & attended meetings. It was very comforting to have the format be the same throughout the country. I do think a way to have questions answered is by forming a topic/discussion meeting. We have one on Sat. nights here. A topic is brought up in the beginning of the meeting. Often it is a question someone has (e.g. How do I deal w/my old still-drinking friends? Should I have alcohol in my home? etc.).

Cross-talk & back-&-forth discussion can be held after the meeting ends. I think once cross-talk starts during a meeting, it's hard for the chair of the meeting to control.

That's just my opinion...hope it's helpful.

Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

It is happening!!! We had our Area monthly meeting on Sunday, and it was established that there is a need for a Newcomers meeting....
                Our 1st one is on Valentines Day, it will be a business meeting. We will choose a name, get a format together, and tap into the wisdom of those with grey hair!
                At the venue, there is a lady who runs an outpatient program for addicts from 5 to 7, our meeting will then be from 7 to 8. Tha thinking is that once they complete their 8 week programme, they can still get support, and we get a natural flow of newcomers.
                Be well, be loved!
                Sol xxx

Comment

Excellent! We don't have nearly enough newcomers' meetings around here. I'm anxious to see how it goes. Please, please keep us informed. I praise your efforts, Sol. It's truly 12th step work you're doing...just as Bill W & Dr. Bob did it all the years ago. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X