af day Tuesday 26 Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Tuesday 26 Feb

Shelby ..congrats on your 30 days..you should be proud of yourself .keep at it ..its so worth not having to answer to a bottle

:goodjob: and well done to you :applaud:
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 Feb

zoom zoom ABerooos!

Shelby, good to see you again and hooray for 30+

horseballs? hmmmm. who he heck takes their family to dinner at a furniture store anyway?

back to work.....

be well everyone
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 Feb

Thanks guys! I'm pretty proud but I know I still have a long way to go :-)

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 Feb

Hey Det!
          Have you ever gone to IKEA?
          Something transforms you the minute you walk in the door. All the bright & colorful objects hook you & the next thing you know you're in the cafeteria ordering ~ horse balls

I admit, I did try them once years ago but wasn't impressed, thank goodness :H
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 Feb

Evening All...

Late check in, been a busy day.

Aw crap...email from lawyer :stomper:

Will check back in laters.

Meeting went ACE.....PPQP

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 Feb

Hi all,

Cold and nearing the end of my work day. I'm going home. Not much to report.

Shelby, congrats on 30 days! I was depressed for a few weeks at that point. It lifted.

PPQ, I'm so sorry your divorce is such a crappy legal battle.

Cat
              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 Feb

Cat thanks... but it's actually the battle with having the current power of attorneys for my Dad replaced....I am seeing the end of the tunnel though

I figure it's just more material for the book I'm going to write. :H

On the divorce front it's just the property division that's left and I figure my caveats will handle that. Don't even think about it till "dingle nuts" wants to try make a deal. Haven't heard from him uhmmm can't remember!

Pat...got to agree with Lav, just chuck the lot. So glad you shared though, it's so much easier on the subconscious

Shelby...good to see you and :goodjob: on the 30 days. I remember my first 30 and although I felt proud I was somewhat let down. Guess I figured I'd get this feeling I'd made it (don't know how to describe it) and it wasn't there. Six months and it still comes and goes but stays longer as long as I'm growing in some way every day. In my opinion AB is not cheating. Lots of peeps on these boards take it and then find they don't need it anymore. As far as I'm concerned...whatever works.

Lav
                ...by the time I "de-transform myself" - find the exit at IKEA there was no way I was stopping to eat. Glad I didn't.

Det
                ...EXACTLY...dinner at IKEA

See you all in the morning.....PPQP

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 Feb

mae (or Happy Hump Day to those in the lands down under!)

PPQ - I didn't realise your legal saga was dealing with divorce. Lawyers and ex - double crap:H

Cat - hope your day was a bit better. Your skiing trip sounded fun!

Lav - I often wondered how I'd cope in a "cow country" situation; would my cooking improve or would we just get used to it? I'm happy to keep away from stuff like Icantbelieveitsnotbread, but OH isn't. (BTW, I never could work out what YB was until you said!!:H)

Hi Det. Biji-san (Mr Busy - all I recall from my Japanese)!! I'm another anti-Ikea who was lured in and trapped (though their $3 breakfasts are good). I'm always a bit dubious of things like meatballs though

Hi Mick - you must be due for another holiday soon? Has you man-flu all gone now?
                  Shelbysmiles - I remember you!! Congrats on your 30 days and I don't think it's cheating using meds, the main aim is to be af, which you have achieved. And the bonuses - loss of weight, anxiety and hangovers!! :goodjob:
                  Hi TT, Pat, SL. Hey Yah, where are you?!

Was at a bar yesterday and I saw someone with a Corona with the lemon wedge and I so wanted one!! I am in bars a lot and it doesn't bother me but , as I was on my own, that was a time I was happy to get a few "sneakies" in and the feeling came over me again! I didn't, but wow, that's something I need to be careful of.

Have a fun hump-day and hump-day eve

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 Feb

blondie;1469953 wrote: (BTW, I never could work out what YB was until you said!!:H)
                    Double AW Crap... :stomper: ...to this day I don't know what YB means :upset:

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 Feb

x-post PPQP. I like "dingle nuts" :H:H

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 Feb

Hi Guys - I am flat out with work but I also want to know who YB is? Lav - please elucidate.
                        Will later or tomorrow respond esp to Shelby on the Antabuse issue as I have recent experience of this. Very positive experience that is!

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 Feb

treetops;1469971 wrote: Hi Guys - I am flat out with work but I also want to know who YB is? Lav - please elucidate.
                          Will later or tomorrow respond esp to Shelby on the Antabuse issue as I have recent experience of this. Very positive experience that is!
                          Oh Yeah....Keep us hanging :H:H

Comment

af day Tuesday 26 Feb

Chilling after my favorite yoga class of the week.

TT...I read back....and sorry I took your post the wrong way. All I meant was all these things I was told about alcoholism...never came true for me. I did not push onto harder liquors and whatever else I was told would come true. Sometimes though....I would push on continuing my hell....trying to reach that bottom. Nobody has to reach bottom.

That allowed me to drink for much longer....than I "think" I would have. And that is where I think people do need to be educated.

TT...congrats on doing the birthday sober. I always have used my kid's birthdays as a "reason" to drink. Wasn't I the one in 15 hours of hard labor to end up having a c-section....I deserve to celebrate as well

Looks like everyone is doing well....and I am off to bed!

Comment

Working...
                            X