af day Friday 1 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Friday 1 March

Hi guys! Super quick check in as I have a busy next few days ahead of me. Little Shelby is 8 today and I will be invaded with 6 2nd graders for a slumber party tomorrow. I felt so good waking up this morning wishing her a happy birthday without a hangover. It's sad all the wasted memories from drinking or hangovers. But, that is behind me now!

Comment

af day Friday 1 March

MAE ALL...

Checking in to stay accountable.

Crazy busy right now with work.

All day planning session tomorrow, there goes the +12 Saturday and they're calling for 10 cm of snow on Sunday.

Will try and check in on the weekend.

Stay safe & sober all......PPQP

Comment

af day Friday 1 March

Wow, the busy season has hit us! Well, I for one am hugely grateful it is Friday (here), and that I have a weekend in front of me. I'm looking forward to a mental break. My work week was intense but with good outcomes.

Cantoo, I loved the cute animal video (though will confess I did not watch all of it). The baby owl was priceless. I wish I could go hiking with you. Those views are amazing.

Mick, our growing season starts later this month, so I'm going to focus on paperwork this weekend and tackle planting next.

Restorative yoga - that sounds wonderful. I'm going home for a restorative bath.

Cat
        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Friday 1 March

A quick Hi to all. Did a few posts but still got a lot of stuff to sort through and appointments with banks, schools etc

Feeling a little calmer, though.

Got a PM from someone concerned that I might be drinking.......never crossed my mind, not even once.

Shit happens drunk or sober, but sober it is only problems, drunk it is a disaster.

Laters .......KY

Yoooooohoooooo cantoo :h

Comment

af day Friday 1 March

Just really posting this to get this off my mind.

What do I want my life to look like in 5 years? I have just struggled with this one....because I have baggage and responsibilties. Goals...be AF....be thinner....make more $$....all the same shit. I could never really get excited about it.

Then my therapist suggested a clean slate. If you were 18....clean slate....what would you do....knowing what you know now. I certainly could not have not done any of what I am thinking at 18 because I simply did not know it existed.

It gave me a clearer picture....now I am working to create that life and do those things....if I had only known. I am going back to school...to be trained in an arena that I love. However at 18....I had no idea it existed.

It has also....helped me make peace with where I am. There were alot of things in that picture....that I would not trade....had I have known better and traveled another road.

However, the pieces that are most important to me....that I did not follow....I can now. Now I have been able to integrate my past....with future goals that excite me. Honestly....I could give a rats ass if I get thinner.....if I am excited about life. I make enough $$ (more is always better....but, not dependent on my happiness). AF is the only way it happens.

Now my new goals....I am truly excited about. And they require that I stay sober.

Comment

af day Friday 1 March

Hey SF - that sounds really cool - learning, education and thinking about what you want. I am a great one for having passion in our life and it does not have to be of the kind between the sheets!

Hey Kuya - Good to see you mate! Hope you are enjoying the last of the summer .... (oops I nearly said wine ) meant sunshine - am sure it will be with us through March. Lovely time of the year. I made our first 2013 pumpkin soup today with the new season big ones.

Comment

af day Friday 1 March

Congrats, SF. I like the focus - what really excites you. I've always been into nutrition as a means to better health, much like Det. I think we are drawn to study the things that puzzle or elude us personally. I'm going to resume my own study here. That in and of itself will add to my happiness.

Welcome back, Kuya. :l

Cat
                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                X