af day Saturday 2 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Saturday 2 March

morning all, how is Saturday going then?Well here we are ..first up best dressed!..although for the south its nearly over!!Pretty cold here last night ...frost all over the place but at least its dry.
    Tea/coffee and lemon on the go ..fasting day for me

Wont be on the early show tomorrow..out on my travels but I will check in at some point
    Morning tt ,how are you this fine day? ..yep went through the lets not bother with pressies one Christmas many moons ago....cost me more in the long run!!!Any plans for the rest of the weekend?Last of the summer wine..filmed about 6 miles over the tops from me in Holmfirth...absolutely lovely (or was) little village..even had Compos chip shop!

Morning Lav..one big coffee for you...dont be working too hard!my ..what a quaint turn of phrase you have got..they have been holed up with...sounds like Butch Cassidy and thee Sundance kid!!

Good morning SL...how are you today? wow everyone sounds like the busy season is coming on! Good for you ..another 2 weeks ..tough it isnt just another 2 weeks ..think positive this is the biggy where you turn want and need out of the door.. never mind the tortoise..you know what happened to the hare in that story!!have a great day

Morning Shelby..have a great day with your houseful of 8 year olds!Yes you are right.. you cant change the past ..just improve the future

Morning ppqp...busy day for you today eh? Reckon that you are going to get the snow we had last week.How are you ..apart from mad busy? Remember your me time!!Hope all goes well

Hiya Cat ,how are things with you? Another one that is busy..its like the dormancy is starting to move along.As for the growing season ..ours has started already ...The back window ledge in our house is covered in little bell propagators all full of tiny shoots peeking through.I love rhubarb..in pies crumbles etc, and already its about 8 inches tall

Morning Kuya and how are you mate?Glad you are felling a bit calmer ..see knew you couldnt resist my crap jokes!!!!:H Sounds like you have got a lot on your hands, banks schools etc..sure you aint doing a moonlighter?:H Didnt think you would be on the razz ..but just the same glad to here it .Take it easy :l

Morning SF..how are you? Interesting question that what would i like my life to be like in 5 years? any other takers?
    ok Ill start
    to be happy,to be alive still, healthy as possible,to be able to do what I want to do..make sure my daughter is ok simples.

.for me that covers all the bases that I can think of at the moment

Think you are fright about the clean slate issue..nice phrase but what does it mean really?We all learn by experience..any way you have a good day

Right you good people thats me ..wont be here early doors, but will try and pop in during the day depending on phone signal ..have a great weekend

Two would be businessmen were sitting down for a break in their soon-to-be new shop...As yet, the shop wasn't ready with only a few shelves set up.
    One said to the other, "I bet any minute now some nosey old pensioner is going to walk by, put their face to the window, and ask what we're selling."
    No sooner were the words out of his mouth when, sure enough, a curious old woman walked to the window, had a look in, and in a soft voice asked, "What are you selling here?" One of the men replied sarcastically, "We're selling arseholes."Without skipping a beat, the old woman looked at the empty shelves and then at the lads and said ?Yer must be doing well... Only two left."

I was walking past the mental hospital the other day, and all the patients were shouting, ?13?.13.. ..13″
    The fence was too high to see over but I saw a little gap in the planks and looked through to see what was going on.
    Some bastard poked me in the eye with a stick.
    Then they all started shouting ?14?.14? .14″?

Yesterday, scientists for Health Canada suggested that, considering the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer, men should take a look at their beer consumption. The theory is that drinking beer makes men turn into women.
    To test the theory, 100 men were fed 6 pints of beer each within a one hour period. It was then observed that 100% of the men gained weight, talked excessively without making sense, became overly emotional, couldn?t drive, failed to think rationally, argued over nothing, and refused to apologize when wrong.
    No further testing is planned.

Tom, dick and Harry were in the pub enjoying a few quiet drinks one night, when they decided to get in on the weekly raffle. They bought five $1 tickets each, seeing it was for charity. The following week, when the raffle was drawn, they each won a prize.
    Tom won the first prize ? a whole year?s supply of gourmet spaghetti sauce. dick was the winner of the second prize ? six month?s supply of extra-long gourmet spaghetti. And Harry won the sixth prize ? a toilet brush.
    When they met in the pub a week later, Harry asked the others how they were enjoying their prizes.
    ?Great,? said Tom. ?I love spaghetti.?
    ?So do I,? said dick. ?And how?s the toilet brush, Harry??
    ?Not so good,? Harry said, ?I reckon I?ll go back to paper??

There were three guys talking in the pub. Two of them were talking about the amount of control they have over their wives, while the third remained quiet.
    After a while one of the first two turned to the third and said, ?Well, what about you, what sort of control do you have over your wife??
    The third fellow said, ?I?ll tell you ? just the other night my wife came to me on her hands and knees.?
    The first two guys were amazed. ?Wow! What happened then?? they asked.
    The third man took a healthy swallow of his beer, sighed and uttered, ?She said, ?Get out from under the bed and fight like a man.??

A guy comes outta a bar one night and theres a cop sitting in the parking lot. The guy staggers a bit, fals down the stairs, gets up and walks over to his bike, gets on and tries to start it.
    The bike won?t start and he realizes it isn?t his bike afterall. He gets off it walks over gets on another one and tries to start it, nope not his either.
    He goes over to another one gets on and starts it up, and passes out. A bunch of his buddies and others from the bar start to leave, laugh as they pass the guy passed out on his bike. A few minutes later he wakes up and leaves the parking lot.
    Next thing theres sirens and lights and he?s being pulled over by the cop from the parking lot. The cop tells him to get off his bike, so he does.
    The cop tells him to walk the yellow line and he does perfectly. The cop then gives him a breathalizer and it comes up zero. The cop looks at him and says, ?Okay, I saw you come out staggering all over, fall down the stairs and get on the wrong bike 3 times and then pass out! How can you walk the line with no problems and blow a zero??
    The guy replies, ?Well, tonight I?m the designated decoy!?

A man walked into a bar on a slow night and sat down. After a few minutes, the bartender asked him if he wanted a drink.
    He replied, ?No thanks. I don?t drink. I tried it once, but I didn?t like it.?
    So the bartender said, ?Well, would you like a cigarette??
    But the man said, ?No thanks. I don?t smoke. I tried it once, but I didn?t like it.?
    The bartender asked him if he?d like to play a game of pool, and again the man said, ?No thanks. I don?t like pool. I tried it once, but I didn?t like it. As a matter of fact, I wouldn?t be here at all, but I?m waiting for my son.?
    The bartender said, ?Your only son, I?m guessing.?

A Texan walks into a pub in Ireland and clears his voice to the crowd of drinkers. He says, ?I hear you Irish are a bunch of hard drinkers. I?ll give $500 American dollars to anybody in here who can drink 10 pints of Guinness back-to-back.?
    The room is quiet and no one takes up the Texan?s offer. One man even leaves. Thirty minutes later the same gentleman who left shows back up and taps the Texan on the shoulder. ?Is your bet still good?? asks the Irishman.
    The Texan says yes and asks the bartender to line up 10 pints of Guinness. Immediately the Irishman tears into all 10 of the pint glasses drinking them all back-to-back.
    The other pub patrons cheer as the Texan sits in amazement. The Texan gives the Irishman the $500 and says, ?If ya don?t mind me askin?, where did you go for that 30 minutes you were gone??
    The Irishman replies, ?Oh? I had to go to the pub down the street to see if I could do it first.?

My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion, and I kept staring at a drunken woman swigging her drink, as she sat alone at a nearby table.
    My wife asks, ?Do you know her??
    ?Yes,? I sighed. ?She?s my old girlfriend. I understand she started drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear she hasn?t been sober since.
    ?My God!? says my wife. ?Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long??

A new business was opening and one of the owner?s friends wanted to send him flowers for the occasion. They arrived at the new business site and the owner read the card, ?Rest in Peace.?
    The owner was angry and called the florist to complain.
    After he had told the florist of the obvious mistake and how angry he was, the florist replied, ?Sir, I?m really sorry for the mistake, but rather than getting angry, you should imagine this: somewhere there is a funeral taking place today, and they have flowers with a note saying, ?Congratulations on your new location.??

It was graduation day and Mom was trying to take a picture of their son in a cap and gown, posed with his father.
    ?Let?s try to make this look natural ?she said. ?Junior, put your arm around your dad?s shoulder.?
    The father answered, ?If you want it to look natural, why not have him put his hand in my pocket??
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Saturday 2 March

I posted this at 6.15 am this morning! Didn't put Saturday in the Title so Mick missed it!

MAE - Merry March Absters! I am up well before the sparrows - no reason, just want to get on with my paper and I love the quiet - although when that is broken by the birdies its lovely too.
    Already well into the pot of tea, but plenty for all and later on the hard stuff comes - coffee. Don't worry there are heaps of herbals and green teas around but I shall make one of my confessions. I hate chamomile tea. I recall giving some boxes away and how the friend could not believe that I hated it.
    One of the weird sober gratitude things I have is a desire to rid myself of stuff, plans that don't work for me - and chamomile made the ex-list. No offence here - there are zillions of people who like it and who find it calming. I am also more honest that ever about my tastes in things - I don't do this in a rude way but if I don't like the style of something I admit it to myself. Its been a kind of a cleansing process that has extended from empty wine bottles to household stuff, clothes, to the screes of paper I have in my work. I am not applying this to people or pets though! I think I did that before I made the quit.
    This kind of rambling probably belongs more on another thread so apologies but it is the weekend here.

Det - you recovered from that dodgy food the other day? Hows the Antabuse?

Lavande - you sound like the grannie I need - and needed. Our daughter only knew one grannie for about four years before she died. Thats the cost of having a child later in life.

Mick - hope the spring in the UK is fantastic - not least of all because I will be briefly there by the end of this month. Your pics remind me that I must get the spring bulbs planted this month.

CanToo - welcome back. Sounds like you have been busy as ever.

Patrice - how's work? It must be getting nearer to your hols. Any plans for the weekend?

Catbuddy - are you seeing the Beau this weekend? You sound so happy!!!

SF - Been thinking I must get back into yoga. I practiced it in a low key way for years and then drifted away. I think it will be good for this old body that sits in front of a screen for a lot of the time and its very calming and centering.

Hi there Neltz - we have not been formally introduced.

And everyone else have a great weekend. I see the shops are becoming laden with Easter chocolate. At least there is little in the Easter festivities that screams out AL. Of course that never stops alkies from finding a reason to turn a non AL event into one.
    I have very good memories of last Easter - me and the family went to a beautiful island in NZ (its called Stewart Island) and I was sober for 5 days. That was not my final quit but I did realise how much G. and my daughter were with me on stopping - and I really felt the love. Aww - going all mushy now......

Comment

af day Saturday 2 March

Hi lovely peeps,

Well yes it is the weekend and here is my weekend post...

I have decided to check in only at weekends I guess because I just have no time during the week. I do have time but reading and posting on here means i don't have time for anything else! Once I log in here, I don't just do a quick 5 minutes but end up spending hours reading, ruminating, reading some more, posting on a couple of threads and then I realise it's bed time. In a way MWO helps me so much but also I find my self constantly thinking about drinking/not drinking. In the mornings I wake up and realise I didn't go on my cross trainer, didn't make my lunch for the next day and didn't spend the time with my son. I didn't drink but then again I wasn't in any way productive and that's what I need at the moment.
      I did drink a bit this week but I am back on track now.. it's a mighty task but I am still at it. I would love to be able to contribute, offer encouragement and help others but at the moment i really can't.. I don't want to post one line and say hi/bye. It's not me to be so trite.

I so need to have a regular and productive routine at the moment. I'm so busy at work, son really needs attention and coming on the internet for hours isn't helping me right now...
      I really hope you guys understand that I am committed to being AF but life for me right now is to be a bit more in the real world because once I step into this virtual world I become a bit addicted to it.. I guess this will change once I manage my time better and get a bit more perspective.
      Thank you all so much for being here/there and I will commit myself to posting every weekend to update my progress and be be available to comment on yours, really post not just one line...

Warmest
      Patrice
      x

Comment

af day Saturday 2 March

Good morning Abbers!

Yay the sun is here
        Thanks for the coffee Mick! I am a bit sluggish as my piggy Swissy interrupted my sleep twice last night - she's getting old
        I have a busy, fun-filled day ahead so I'm sure I'll forget all about being tired.

Greetings TT!
        I am an awesome Granny :H
        Well at least I'm a non-addicted Granny & that was my goal 4 years ago!

Patrice, I really hope that you you spare 10 minutes everyday to check in because it helps keep us on track. Set a timer & just do a quck check in with us.

Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Saturday 2 March

Hi all, quick stop in after lunch before heading out again - so many errands!
          Patrice, so understand - I also believe what Lav says that teh check in is important - so i only come to this thread and just read, then post here and get back out - that way I can do it daily and still get (most) everything else done too!!
          Getting woken by a pig, thought the dang cats were bad enough, but a pig.....hmmm!
          TT - eating way too many cadburys mini eggs here - yes, shops all stocked and I just love them - cured my gummy bears habit and then got this one instead!
          Ok, off to go again, see you all later....
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

af day Saturday 2 March

SL. my daughter treated me to a small coconut creme Easter egg Friday afternoon & it was delicious
            Unfortunately my gut didn't agree.....
            It's starting to make sense to me to just stay away from the junk food altogether
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X