af day Thursday 14 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Thursday 14 March

treetops;1477461 wrote: Brrrr LTLW - thats cold! Where are you living now?

Do you mean you will feel better in a few hours because of the cold or because of the stopping drinking???

Anyway well done and super-great-terrific-yay-yay-!!!! on being onto Day 5. :yay:
    Hi Treetops... to answer your question I am living in the Netherlands.
    I have done great today, by the way. I even cooked dinner without drinking wine- miracle. I have even been preparing food in the morning so I wouldn't be in the kitchen (alone) too long in the evening. A better plan I think. Anyhow, feeling rather sleepy now. So, I think it is safe to say that i have made it through day 5. Whoopie. And, the bottle of wine I bought is now in the 'house cellar' (so to speak) of wines. Having no wine in the this won't happen, so I think it is best to try to do this without moving the wines to a storage shed? I get into trouble when no one is around and I start drinking alone. I am actually okay in social settings as I am afraid to do or say something inappropriate. Let's see how it goes, I am paying attention to everyones posts and appreciate all the good advice. It helps a lot and thank you all. I am also repeating someone's mantra of "I don't drink" in my mind throughout the day. The fact that my husband is happy with me when I don't drink is the real bonus!
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day Thursday 14 March

Mae, all and welcome to our newbies! Congratulations on your early days successes. Each day you show yourself you can live without drinking, until it becomes your desire to live this way, not your battle. You'll find people at all stages of their quit on this thread. Our common ground is that we are in pursuit of abstinence.

SL, I did get to be in a sunbeam! Yesterday was extraordinary weather here. I worked from home, and in-between meetings I cleared out yard debris and pruned my lemon trees. I love pruning - it's so gratifying when it's done. So I got lots of wonderful sun.

Mick, it's so odd that you can't find Epsom Salts. They are very cheap here, and I buy a generic drugstore brands so they are the cheapest possible. This is so I can generously use them in my baths regularly. I figure since MWO recommends magnesium supplementation, the salts must help both muscle aches and my sober lifestyle.

Have a wonderful day, wherever you guys are.

Cat
      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Thursday 14 March

re the Epsom Salts, Mick have you tried asking at the chemist. Whenever I used to buy them they'd get them from behind the counter somewhere. Never seen them on show
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

af day Thursday 14 March

Hey Cat - I think Mick is just looking for a gift

OK Mick, send me your address & I'll send you some epsom salts
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Thursday 14 March

Hiya Lav...thank you very much for your offer...managed to get some off Amazon tonight..?5.80 for 2kgms which is pretty good i reckon
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Thursday 14 March

I think Mick is pulling our legs. The bloody name Epsom comes from the UK! Epsom salts are as British as tea without tea-bags!

Comment

af day Thursday 14 March

OK - I take that back Mick. I will see what they cost here.

Comment

af day Thursday 14 March

MAE everyone!

LTLW, I think the very best thing you can do for yourself in early sobriety (and beyond, really) is to get a good nutritious dinner in as soon after you get home as possible. Once your body gets the nutrition it needs, cravings diminish greatly. Good on you, and glad you've had a good day.

I'm looking forward to getting through work tomorrow and heading back up to PA in the early afternoon. This weekend's tasks are to finish painting trim and strip, prime and paint the nasty-ass bathroom.

Has anyone here ever refinished a hardwood floor?

Oh crap, my daughter is on the phone wailing about her state income taxes. Gotta run.

Hugs,
                  Yah
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Thursday 14 March

YAH-
                    Yes, I have refinished a hardwood floor. It takes time, lots of time, and patience. but it is worth it.
                    And I remember you from what 5-6 years ago? Nice to see some old friends here, now that I am back.
                    BHOG
                    BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af day Thursday 14 March

Good to see you too, BHOG.
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X