X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday AF 29 May

Cinders;1512385 wrote: Mick,

Condolences on your cousin. :l:l

LTLW and all struggling, I have to concur with Mick and Lav. Life goes on no matter how irritating it is, whether we are sober or drinking. The difference is, if we continue drinking, we cannot deal with life.

When I quit this last time, it was with full on "I do not care what happens, I will not drink." Zero tolerance.

In AA the other night, a member said he hated it when others he knew just didn't do whatever it took to get and stay sober. One of the other members explained that none of us can make someone else get sober, we can only control ourselves. And, no one is going to get sober unless they are absolutely done with drinking. Absolutely.

This is not me pointing any fingers at all. I have spent an awful lot of time on this site "getting ready to get ready to get sober." I know the feelings and the fear and the ambivalence. I also know that I am done getting ready to get ready. I am done, absolutely.

Love,
    Cindi
    Well said Cindi. I know exactly what you mean.

Comment

Wednesday AF 29 May

MAE....

Early/late check in for me as the site was down.

LTLW....the advice you had is good, and I share your struggle ATM with smoking. :upset:

The feeling that it is too much today can be so demoralising, but repeated lapsing causes repeated lapsing.

Thanks for the jokes everyone glad you rebound your post Mick, as Cinders said the day does not feel complete without them. I am so grateful for the effort you put into it :h

Comment

Wednesday AF 29 May

Mick, I am sorry about your cousin, such painful choices we make, huh?
        Now that we have time & distance from AL I no longer see the attraction.
        This August will be 10 years since our 18 yr old nephew flipped his pickup truck, was ejected & died on the way to the hospital. Yes, he was driving recklessly with a 6 pack of beer on board. He wasn't even old enough to drink legally. Such a sad waste of life, he had potential but his attention deficit/learning problems won.

My mulch pile is doing just fine PQ, thanks for asking :H
        It's going to be way too hot & humid (90+ degrees) until next week. I do not spread mulch in swampy weather!!!

I did manage a kid-free day today, thank goodness. All 3 kids were here yesterday for quite a while & the noise level made me a bit crazy
        Today it was just the bawk-bawk-bawk from my happy hens & the occasional dog bark

Life is good!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wednesday AF 29 May

So good to see all the Fabbies here, and thanks for the drop in JC.

Mick sorry to hear about your loss. :upset: Such a senseless tragedy, and one that we are all just a stone's throw away from if we don't take care of ourselves. My heart goes out to his wife and kids.

bear and LTLW, it really is just a change of mindset, but a very tough one. To me, alcohol is just not an option. But I know I will periodically have to remind myself of that, because alcohol can be quite stealthy. I got through my mother's death and grieving without alcohol back in 2008, then relapsed on the anniversary of my mother's funeral a year later--this after 3 1/2 years of sobriety. We are never completely out of the woods. It took me 3 1/2 years to get sober again. It is scary as hell to really decide "no more, no matter what," but once you do it, it is easier than the constant torment of indecision.

Cinders, hugs. I hope your son and DIL get it together. It is so painful to watch the kids struggle. Definitely time for the serenity prayer....... Hugs to you, honey. :l On the other hand, it is good to hear you sounding so determined. Thanks for the jokes. Between you and Mick, I had quite a chuckle!

PPQP, I'd love some of your rain. I will have to go water the garden tomorrow. It is in the high 80's and really sunny.

Hi FlyAway!

Kuya, sorry that you're still struggling with smoking. It sucks, doesn't it? My thoughts are with you.

Anyway, time to think about getting ready for bed. Somehow, I end up farting around on the computer or whatnot, and the next thing you know, it's midnight.....not good. I'm going to try to be better.

Oops, x-posted, Lav! I love the bawk, bawk of chickens! Glad they were your company today. Sorry about your nephew. What a loss.....

:l
          YahYah
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wednesday AF 29 May

heya peeps! back from the road and so glad as always to look forward to bed with my sweetie tonight.

Cindi, I love your conviction of spirit!

Mick, so sorry AL got another one. it's a ruthless heartless foe.

tired here...more in the morn

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X