• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday April 4th - 50 Days AF!!!!

Hi Buddysmom.

:applaud:

Comment

Hi all...Hope you are all well and happy today....I miss this place so much when i cant get here....iv missed so much that iv still got loads of reading up to do in order to properly catch up!!
      Cashy...huge congrats honey, you are doin so well...im so happy for you x

Much loves to all

Lou-Lou x x x x
      "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

My grandaughter got home from the hospital this afternoon.
        Bright as a button.
        The mechanic chappie has found numerous faults that need fixing on the car. (Fiat Punto - don't buy one) so the expense keeps mounting. I'm not bothered today though. It's only a car.
        Good to see you Lou-Lou.

Comment

Thats the attitude Pops...good to see you too x x x
          "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Hi all,
            Cashy and Buddysmom, a big congrats to you, Sea happy birthday and welcome back Loulou. Sorry you're feeling blue Bluebelle. Pop great to see your grandchild all well again and I know how you feel about the car. Just had to bleed out 750K for my wheels.
            And hi to all yet to come.
            *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Lori....what kind of car do you have? 750,000.00 ????
              Cashy and buddysmom- great job - congrats on 50 days AF

Bluebell- lots of good advice here from your friends - glad you are taking some time to
              think over what you need to do.
              This is one of those 'bumps in the road'. Don't worry about what others are thinking - doc included - just worry about what you think. And I am in no way suggesting that you should 'start again next month', all I mean by that is that you are doing this for you - no one else. And just for the record - you can do this.
              Popeye- happy to hear your granddaughter is all better. Yep- a car is a car...arrrrgh! stupid cars!
              Hi Lou! happy to see you back here.

Lisa

Comment

Cashy and Buddysmom:

Congrats on 50 days...WOW!!!! Here's to 50 more (as I hold up my fruit punch gatorade and salute you!)

Hugs!!
                Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Hi all

Cashy, Buddysmom, WOW! You are AMAZING! What an inspiration!

I have to admit to you abbers that I have sort of, well, defected over to monthly mods now that the topa has CLICKED at 150mg. I feel a bit guilty actually as you are all so lovely here. So I am keeping a foot in both camps (two timing you all, tart that I am.) I never ever ever ever thought I could do mods. It scared the bejesus out of me. But now, it is, well, easy. I can't seem to drink more than 2 glasses of wine a night - takes me about 3 hours - weird huh? And I don't seem to want my first one till about 9.30pm. Even weirder. And some nights I don't want any.

I don't want to be complacent about this: I feel that I am riding a big shaky wagon and that I am going to fall off on my fat ass any day now. But.......

Well, I'm off on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks with the 3 mini muskateers and I will try to check in from time to time on the hotel computers if I can drag myself off the sun loungers! Feel like I REALLY need this break.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me get this far. ABBERS, you ROCK!

Kate x

Comment

Have a great holiday Kate.

Comment

Cashy, Buddysmum
                      Well done. It sounds like you are in the zone. Well done... now just keep it up... (simple, eh)..

Bluebell. Whatever you decide about mods versus abs make sure its a conscious decision TO drink and not something you fall back into kind of accidentally on purpose. If ever you need motivation as to why you are here read the stories on my story.

Paul,
                      Its about time that you cracked this 27 day thing of yours. Its a cycle with you and you are allowing it to continue and YOU hate it. You have to do something different this time that gets you over the hump. Even you are tired with it.. and you cant say that you cant stay sober cos you do 27 days.. I know this sounds harsh.. but its only you that can do it.. I challenge you this time to stick to your program and make 100 days. Not 28.. not 30.. but 100. Go on, I dare you.

Brigid

Comment

Right Brigid........
                        You're on.:H

Comment

I'll hold you to it Paul.. and you know me, I do what I say I do... I mean , just LOOK at my in your face counter!!!

Comment

I'm off to work now.
                            I'm all excited.
                            Thank you.
                            Paul.

Comment

Bluebell, I started on the program several months ago and did it all. Some parts of it I had to give up, because of health problems. I was able to be AF for 20 days and decided I would try moderating, one or two glasses of vino. Good thought since one or two glasses daily has healty benifits. This is how it went. At first one or two was OK, then it changed to two or three, then four or five and so on. I ended right back where I was when first coming to this forum. It has happened a second time for me when trying to moderate. Getting back on track is as difficult for me as starting the first time. Please don't give up!!!! I keep saying the same thing to myself. When I give in to my temptation to drink, I'm always sorry. Stay here with us. Help us help each other. lease: You'll either struggle with your situations or you'll struggle with your adiction. I'm not being unsympathetic. I know exactly how you feel and what you are going through. I've been there as have many of us MWOers. HUGs Liz
                              :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Comment

yeah yeah to you!
                                stay strong. i can't wait till I'm in your place.......
                                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                                X