AA Thread - August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA Thread - August

Thanks guys, I just wanted some perspective from people that find AA helpful. As we all know there is no one answer, only what works for the individual. Keep up the great work.
    I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

AA Thread - August

Thanks Dave. I wouldn't be sober wo/AA, but I love MWO as well. I come here almost every day as well. As long as I'm still admitting that I have a problem w/alcohol, then I'm not in the kind of denial that kept me drinking & drinking.
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

AA Thread - August

Dave, after years of living in limbo, I feel extreme gratitude towards AA, the friends I made there, the acceptance gave me my life back.

I became active in service, and with baby steps, and the Steps, I found purpose again.

I am a proud member of AA, but I am many other things too. The same as I am an alcoholic, but also a friend, mother, etc...

Many people sober up in other ways, but this worked for me! Why change something that works, I ask myself? lol

Have a lovely week-end!
        xxxx

Comment

AA Thread - August

Sol: Once in a while I'll meet an AA member who is so avid that he/she thinks there is no other way to get sober than AA. I disagree w/that, as my brother & son have stopped drinking & are not members of AA. Even Bill W. said that there can be other ways of getting sober. AA is only one of them.

AA gave me a different life. I too value the many friendships I've made in AA.

Mary
          October 3, 2012

Comment

AA Thread - August

We went out for dinner last night w/another couple we met in AA. We had so much fun. We never stopped talking the whole time we were together. I guess my social anxiety is fading. That was one of the main reasons I drank...to overcome any awkwardness I might have being in a social situation. Today there is absolutely no residual effect...just a lot of nice memories. Mary
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
            X